Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 15

When we got back to Jeremy's, Kellin got out to open my door again. I got out, shutting it behind me and made my way to the back door. I could hear him following close behind.

I turned around to face him before going inside, leaning my back against the door. He had his hands shoved in his pockets, and stared into my eyes giving me a sweet smile. I stared back. He bit his lip.

"Kira.." He said, slowly moving closer. I could feel my heart start to pound. He then took one hand out of his pocket and gently grabbed mine, intertwining our fingers. I couldn't hold back the smile that escaped from my lips. He smiled back, getting closer. Soon, his forehead was against mine, and I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest.

"Kellin wait.." I said, before he got any closer. He backed away, staring back at me.
"What's wrong?" He asked. His voice was sweet and gentle. I sighed. God, he was adorable.

"We shouldn't be like this..' I finally said. He looked at me confused, backing away.
"W-Why not?" He asked.
"Because Kellin, I don't do this. I don't do the hand holding and kissing after a date and cuddling all night. I just don't. I push people away. I know what's gonna happen. You're gonna want so much and I'm not gonna be able to give it to you, and then I'm gonna wind up hurting you. And I-" he cut me off.
"Why don't you give me a chance?" I sighed, pulling my hand away.

"We're going on tour, Kellin. We're gonna be with each other for months. What if something went wrong?"
"But what if something went right?"
"I don't want people think I'm sleeping with you to get where I am, okay? Let's face it, you are bigger than me, and that's all anyone will think. And I worked too hard to have that happen." He sighed, now looking down at the ground.

"What if no one knew? What if everything we said and did we kept to ourselves?" I sighed. Why was this so important to him. We had only just met the other night. This was moving fast for anyone, let alone me.

"Kellin, we just met, who's to say you even really want this?" He giggled.
"I know what I want Kira, and who cares if just met you.. We're not getting any younger. What's the point of me pretending like I don't feel the way I feel or want what I want?"
"And what do you want?" I asked.
"I just want you to want me.." He said quietly. I but my lip. I did want him, but I knew how these things played out. And it was always better to just avoid them all together. He moved closer.

"And I think we had a really nice time together, and it only feels right that I kiss you after walking you back to your door. But I won't if you don't want me to.." I wanted nothing more than to kiss him right now. But I just couldn't. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I was quiet for a minute, now looking down at my feet.

He then gently tilted my chin up to meet his eyes again. His eyes. His big, beautiful eyes that he was now forcing me to lose myself in. But, now that I thought about it, what was so wrong with losing myself in someone? Maybe the reason I was so terrified of it was because I've never had a good thing before? And this felt like it could be a good thing..

But I had to be realistic. We were going on tour. I had to remember who I was here with. It wouldn't be the same guy I'd be on the road with. He'd have girls lining up just to meet him. There would be people throwing themselves at him, and yet here he was, just wanting to kiss me.

"Alright then, Kira.." He sighed, backing away. "I'll just give you your space then." He shoved his hands back into his pockets, now slowly walking back to his truck. I bit down on my lip. My cheeks were burning. If I was going to say something now was only chance.
"Kellin, wait!" I shouted. My cheeks were on fire. He stopped, now turning back to me with a small grin. He turned around, now leaning against the passenger side door. He crossed his arms, looking back up at me.
"Yes?" He said. His smile grew. I guess he was going to make me go to him. Typical.

I walked back over until I was inches away from his face. He reached out, grabbing onto my shirt, and gently pulled me in even closer. I could feel my heart racing a mile a minute. Then I reached up, holding his face in my hands. I could see he was the one who was blushing now. It was nice when the tables were turned. He stared back at me with a dazed look in his eye and a sweet smile. Finally, I leaned forward and those sweet lips met mine. I could feel my head start to spin. Soon, his hands moved to my waist, pulling me up against him. I could feel his heart beating faster the closer I got. That was somewhat relieving. I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I then felt him kiss me back harder, pulling me closer. All I wanted was to be closer, to have that much more.

Finally, I moved away, leaning my forehead against his. He stared back at me with those beautiful eyes, and it wasn't long until he pulled me back into another sweet but passionate kiss. I ran my fingers threw his hair, pulling him closer. I could feel a smile across his lips. I backed away again.
"Alright.." I sighed, gently moving away. His hands reached out for me. I giggled.
"I'll call you, okay?" I said softly. He gave me a small smile.
"You better." he said, now shoving his hands back into his pockets. I turned around, now making my way up the steps to the back door. Before going in, I turned back to see Kellin still standing there, watching me with a smile. He gave me a small wave before I shut the door behind me.