Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 16

I quietly shut the door behind me, making sure not to wake any of them up. It was still early. Well, early for them. Especially after the night we all had. I leaned back against the door, trying to contain my smile. No such luck. My heart was still racing. I kissed him. I had actually kissed him. It wasn't long before my daydream was interrupted.

"So is he a good kisser?" Jeremy asked making his way in from the kitchen. I felt my entire body get cold.
"I don't know what you're talking about." I said, now staring down at my feet. It felt like my face was on fire.

"Oh, save it, Kira. I saw you guys."
"You what??" He laughed.
"I just happen to look out the window and quite honestly I'm surprised he still has a face with the way you two were going at it." I covered my face with my hands. It couldn't of been that bad.
"It's obvious you like him, Kira. Why do you try to hide it? So what, he's a rock star, he clearly likes you too. What's there to be afraid of?" I shrugged, now sliding down the door until my butt hit the ground. Jeremy giggled again.

"Because nothing good ever comes from stuff like this. I like what I have right now, I don't want to complicate anything." He sighed now sitting down across from me.

"I just think you're scared. I think you've never felt like this for someone, and now you do, and you don't know what to do with it, so you push it away." I bit my lip. He was right.
"He's not just some guy either, he.. he could have anyone. Who's to say he won't just want someone new tomorrow?" Jeremy gave me a sympathetic smile.
"Well.." He said "as a guy, can I give you my opinion?" I hesitated but eventually nodded.

"From what I can tell, he chose you the second he saw you. Sure, letting someone in might be scary, and sure, a lot of the times these things don't work out and you're right, you guys aren't in the most idealistic situation. But, he's got it bad for you, Kira. You don't have to doubt him. You just need to trust him." I sighed, staring back at him.
"That was really good, Jeremy. How are you single?" He laughed.
"If I could change that I would." I nodded. I guess he was right. Maybe it was worth trying. Maybe.

"I'll see what it's like on tour.." I said "we do leave soon. Who knows." Jeremy smiled now getting up from the ground. He held out his hand to help me up. I grabbed on, pulling myself back to my feet.

"Hey, um, could you maybe not mention any of this to the other guys?" I asked. He nodded.
"Your secret is safe with me." He whispered. I was thankful you have someone that wasn't only my band mate but one of my best friends.
"Thanks." I said, making my way towards the stairs.

"So, are you gonna go call him?" He asked. I glared. He giggled to himself, rolling his eyes.
"I'm kidding.." I nodded, now going into his kitchen, dialing Kellin's number.