Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 17

The phone rang twice before I heard him answer with a cheery "well, well, well.." I sighed.
"That was a lot quicker than I expected." He said. I could feel my cheeks burning. I went out back onto Jeremy's deck. The last thing I needed were the guys to overhear me talking to Kellin.

"Well hello." I said, a smile escaped my lips. I hoped he couldn't tell by my tone.
"So, what, you miss me already?" He asked. I sighed. I hated to admit it.
"Yes.." I said quietly. He was quiet for a minute.
"I.. I could come back for you if you want." He said. His voice became quieter too. I could feel my heart beat faster.
"That's okay." I giggled. We were quiet again.
"So.." He said, finally breaking the silence.
"Kellin whatever this is, I don't think it's a good idea." I heard him sigh.
"I don't understand why you're so concerned about what everyone thinks and not concerned at all about what you think. You obviously like me, I obviously like you, I don't see the problem." I bit my lip. On paper, he'd be right. But it was much more complicated than that.

"Kira, we leave in a few days. You can't just leave me hanging like this." My heart started beating faster. There was no denying me being attracted to him, that ship had sailed. But I wanted to stop these feelings for him as soon as I could. The sooner the better.

"Kellin, it would just be for the best if we didn't-"
"The best for who, Kira?" He snapped. I was quiet for a moment.
"Kellin, this isn't anything, okay? So we kissed. Okay, I'll give you that."
"I'm sure it could've been much more than that if you hadn't pushed me away."
"Well I did, so that's all it was." I heard him sigh. Why was this so difficult?

"Fine, Kira. Fine. Whatever you want. I'll see you in a few days. Just be ready."
"I will be. Bye, Kellin." He hesitated.
"Bye."