Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 20

I quickly searched my room for a sweater of some sort that would cover my neck. The last thing I needed were the guys not only seeing Kellin come out of my house once they got here, but what he had done would just be the icing on the cake. Kellin sat down on my bed, swinging his legs off the side.

"What are you doing?" He sighed. I continued searching until I found something that hid my neck well enough. I heard him giggle.

"This is your fault.." I mumbled.
"I'd do it again." I rolled my eyes.
"I'm sure you would."
"No one is gonna say anything, Kira"
"Because no one is gonna know"
"How long are you gonna deny it, Kira?"
"Deny what?" I asked. He reached out for my hand. I quickly pulled it away.
"Me.." He shrugged. I stared back at him. His big, beautiful eyes staring back at me.

"Um.. let's.. let's get these bags out to the front room." I said, breaking the silence and grabbing two of my bags. I made my way out into the living room to find my parents both sitting at the kitchen table.

"So this is it, huh?" My mom asked, getting up from her seat. She came over and pulled me into a tight hug.
"Your father and I will make it to a show or two when you get close okay? Let me know how everything goes, I'm proud of you."

I hugged her tightly.
"Thanks mom, I'll call when I can." It wasn't long until Kellin came out into the living room with the rest of my bags. My parents looked at him confused, then to me, then back to him.

"Um, mom.. dad, this is Kellin. He's the lead singer of one of the other bands on the tour." She looked back at him. He put the bags down and came his way over.

"H-hi.." He said, sticking his hand out. My mom smiled, shaking it.
"Nice to meet you" she said cheerfully "Now you take care of Kira on the road, okay?" I felt my cheeks burn. Kellin smiled.
"I fully intend to." He then reached out shaking my dad's hand. I hadn't expected him to meet my parents anytime soon. Knowing him, he was gonna turn this into something it wasn't. Great.

"Well, the guys are here" I said as I saw the van pull up to the front of the house. Right on schedule.
"I'll call you guys!" I yelled out as I made my way out the front door with my bags. Kellin followed close behind with the rest.
"Nice meeting you!" He shouted back.

As I got closer to the van, I could see Jeremy smirking at me from the front seat. I glared at him shaking my head, he giggled looking away.
"Hey guys!" Kellin said, loading in the bags.
"Hey!" Sam said cheerfully. "What are you doing at Kira's? I thought we were meeting you guys at a stop downtown?" Kellin shrugged.
"I figured I'd get here early to help her, singers gotta stick together, right?" He said, looking at me wide eyed. I bit my lip, nodding.
"Y-yeah."

When the guys weren't looking, Kellin shut the back doors and turned to face me. I stared back. He sighed, gently holding my hand in his. I let him this time.
"Kira.." He said. I looked down at my feet.
"We'll talk later, okay?" I said quietly, leaning in gently kissing his cheek. I then made my way to the side door of the van. After getting in, I turned to see him smiling sweetly back at me from the sidewalk. My cheeks burned, but a smile escaped my lips.

"We'll see you guys later." I said. He nodded giving me a small wave, and we were off.