Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 21

We weren't even five minutes down the road before they fired their questions.
"So, Kira.. Did Kellin stay over last night?" Jason asked. My face was practically on fire. They all laughed.
"I knew he didn't just cove over to help you this morning." I looked out the window trying to avoid this whole thing, but I knew there was no escaping it.
"So what happened?" Sam asked, turning around in his seat. I bit my lip. I really didn't want to tell them about my night with him, despite how great it might have been.
"Um.. Well, he just.. he asked to come over and we talked, and we just fell asleep so I wasn't gonna kick him out." Jeremy giggled to himself.
"You guys talked.. Sure.."
"We did!"
"Is that why you're wearing a sweater in the summer?" I bit my lip.
"It's cold in my house with the air conditioning, you know that." I saw him shake his head.
"You really are a piece of work." He giggled to himself.
"Nothing happened" I snapped.
"Why don't you just date him, Kira. It's obvious you both want to." I rolled my eyes.
"Kira do not try to deny it. And it's only going to get worse the longer you're with him. Which will be every night."

"I'm not going to date Kellin Quinn." I sighed.
"Think of how great that'd be for us, though!" Sam said "And you said it yourself, you would never pretend to like someone for publicity, but you obviously love him so what's the issue?"
"You guys can't be serious. We.. we're done talking about this." I said. They all giggled amongst themselves once again.

"We're done talking until we meet back up with them. Don't think I won't pry what I can out of him. The guy loves you, Kira. I'm sure he's looking for any opportunity to gush about you." I rolled my eyes keeping them locked on everything speeding by out my window.

It wasn't long until our van pulled up next to the guys' massive tour bus. I could see Sam staring admiringly.
"One day.." I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. He smiled.
"That's right, one day."
"So where is this guy who thinks he can just sweep in and steal our singer?" Jeremy said unbuckling his seatbelt. My heart sped up.
"Jeremy, please don't." I sighed.
"Oh no, I'm gonna enjoy this." He got out of the van, slamming his door behind him. I saw him and Jason head over to their bus. I quickly got out to follow. Maybe I could keep the embarrassment to a minimum. It wasn't likely.

"Hey guys!" Justin called out, waving us over. I smiled and made my way over with Sam. Thankfully someone here could control themselves.
"So where is he?" Jeremy asked looking around the bus. Justin laughed, leaning back against the door.
"He's inside, he's resting up for the first show. He asked that no one bother him." Justin then looked over at me. "But he did mention you could join him if you'd like." My cheeks burned. This didn't help everything I was trying to deny. Justin motioned toward the bus.
"He actually asked for you.." He said. I sighed, making sure I avoided eye contact with the guys as I went into their bus.

It was beautiful. It came with couches on both sides, a large pull out table behind the drivers seat and then their bunks lining the middle. And in the back was like a mini lounge of some sort, I assumed. The door was shut. I imagined that's where Kellin was. I knocked before entering. He was laying there under the covers, eyes fixated on the mini screen across from him.

"Well hello.." I said. He peeked up at me. A small smile spread across his lips. I couldn't help but smile back. I hated how he could do that.
"Come here." He said, moving over.
"I'm not gonna lay with you, Kellin." He sat up, leaning his head on his knees.
"Why not?"
"Cause my band is out there ready to get back in our van."
"And I'm saying you don't have to ride in the van, you can ride in here with me. Now come here.." I bit my lip.
"Kellin" I said. He scrunched up his face.
"Kira" he said in a mocking tone. He reached out gently grabbing into my sweater.
"Will you take this ridiculous thing off? We all know why you're wearing it."
"Well I don't want anyone to see." He giggled, now running his fingers over mine. My cheeks burned.
"I didn't mean to upset you." He said quietly. "I'm sorry.." I sighed, looking away. It was quiet for a moment.

"Kellin what was that last night?" I asked. He looked at me confused.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean what was that?" He shrugged, looking away.
"I like you, Kira. It felt right. It felt right being with you like that." My cheeks were burning. He stared back up at me. His beautiful eyes were hypnotizing. I had to snap myself out of it. He leaned in. I moved closer, leaning my forehead against his.
"Don't feel like you have to kiss me." He said. I nodded.
"Just stay here with me." He moved closer now gently kissing my cheek. I sighed.
"Fine."