Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 22

The bus ride was long, but at least it was comfortable. I laid close to Kellin, his arm wrapped around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. We watched whatever he had on his mini tv across the room. I wasn't really paying attention. I was too focused on him not being able to tell how fast my heart was beating. It was bad enough I gave into him, I didn't have to let him know how much he had over me too.

I felt him start to move his hand up my shirt.
"Hey." I snapped, he giggled moving his hand away.
"What?" He sighed, smiling at me. I stared back at him. His eyes were hypnotizing. I tried my best to snap out of it. What was I doing? I wiggled out of his grip, pushing myself up off the bed. He sat up, now staring back at me confused.

"I don't want this, Kellin. I don't want to like you. I don't want.. whatever is going on here. I don't even know you." He rolled his eyes.
"You say you don't know me Kira well why don't you get to know me instead of making all these assumptions about me? How about that? Why do you think just because I'm in a bad I'm a dirty person? You're in a band, do you sleep around?"

I could feel my cheeks burning. He had a point.
"No.." I said quietly. He sighed, running his fingers through his hair.
"Can we just try?" He finally said. I bit my lip, feeling my cheeks burn even more.
"I think it would be better if we just.. stayed friends."
"Friends" he scoffed, looking away. "I already have plenty of people claiming to be my friend."

The room was quiet for a moment. I really didn't know what else to say. Finally, I felt the bus stop. I guess we had arrived at the first venue. Kellin pushed himself up off the bed, moving close to me, his face inches from mine. My heart started to pound again.

"It's going to be impossible for me to pretend like I don't feel the way I do." He said, now leaning his forehead against mine. I stared back into those big, beautiful eyes. I then looked down at his lips, so soft. I wanted to kiss them again. I think he could tell. He moved a little closer, and waited for me. I finally leaned in, gently kissing him. I felt his hands move from my waist to my neck, pulling me closer to him, kissing me back harder.

When I backed away he was staring at me, his eyes dazed and his lips curled into a gentle smile. I couldn't help but smile back. He was adorable and he knew it. And I hated that. Before he could lean in for another kiss, I moved away and slipped through the door, calling over my shoulder.

"I'll see you inside!"