Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 24

"There he is" Justin laughed. Kellin gave a small smile and waved to everyone.
"Hey guys" he said quietly, and stayed close to me. I could already feel Jeremy giving me eyes. I didn't look at him.

"So where were you guys?" Jack asked. I hopped on stage and tampered with my mic again.
"He was on the bus, Jack. I don't know what you were talking about before. If anything he was trying to avoid the fans outside." I could see Kellin smiling up at me. I felt my cheeks burn. I tried my best to hide my smile.

"Don't let him fool you, Kira. He's not exactly Mr. Modest." Jack wrapped his arm around Kellin's shoulder. Kellin rolled his eyes.
"I'm sure he's just fine" I laughed.
"I bet you do" Jeremy chimed in, smirking at me. My cheeks were burning. I glared at him. He got the hint.

"So when's sound check?" I asked.
"Preferably sooner than later. Whenever you're ready." I nodded and grabbed one of the guitars, plugging it in. Jack, Justin and Gabe all headed backstage while we checked our instruments. But Kellin stayed.

"How does it sound?" I asked, looking down at him. He leaned up against the barricade staring up at me. He smiled.

"Sounds great" he said "and what a great view." I was blushing now. I rolled my eyes.
"Shut up." He laughed and made his way up to the stage. He pulled a chair over, sitting close to me.
"You're gonna do great, trust me. We didn't just pick you guys cause you're cute. We picked you cause you're great." I couldn't help but smile. I heard the guys giggling behind me. I turned around.

"We'll leave you two alone." Jason said, winking at me. He dragged the guys back stage with him. I waited until they were gone.

"Thanks Kellin." I said. He shrugged, but continued to smile. God, he was cute.
"So.." He finally said. He got up, pushing his chair out of the way. "What songs are you guys doing?" I shrugged.
"I guess you're just gonna have to find out."
"I mean I'd be more than happy to come out and watch, I just thought you'd want all eyes on you." I laughed.
"Jack was right, you aren't exactly modest, are you?" He gently shoved me.
"Oh stop, I'm kidding." He was quiet again after that, holding his stare with mine. I could feel my heart starting to beat faster.

"So do you like me?" He asked. I bit my lip.
"Kellin I barely know you." I sighed. He shoved his hands into his pockets.
"You're only gonna be able to use that excuse for so long, Kira. You can learn a lot about a person by being on tour with them.
"Then I'll know soon enough, won't I?"