Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 26

The lights were blinding and the crowd was louder than any we've ever played before. Every so often I'd look off into the wings, and see Kellin standing there just like he had promised. He gave me a thumbs up or a small wave every time he caught he looking over. I motioned for him to come out. He smiled, shrugging.

"Alright everyone, I'd like you to welcome my.. new good friend on this next song with us." I looked back over at him to see him smiling, running his fingers through his hair.
"I'm putting him on the spot right now, so I really hope he knows the words." He giggled and walked out. I thought the crowd was loud before, I hadn't heard anything yet until Kellin walked out. It was overwhelming, but he didn't seem phased at all. He was used to this. But he smiled sweetly at them all, waving at them. He made his way over to me, wrapping his arm around me, pulling me closer and kissing my forehead. He leaned in close.
"Bold move on the first night." He said, smirking at me. I smiled, gently shoving him away.

I made my way over to one of the stools placed in the middle of the stage, and patted the one next to me, inviting Kellin over. He made his way after waving to a few more of the fans in the crowd. Once he sat down, he scooted his stool closer to mine. I could feel my cheeks burning. This got a reaction out of the crowd. But like always, he didn't seem phased at all. I sighed, and waited for Sam to start playing.

"I'll face my fear of the evening once I get used to this feeling. I can't sleep, that's when you're torn away from me. While I'm dreaming I feel you leaving."

His eyes stayed locked on mine while I sung. I felt like my stomach was in my throat. How did I get here? How was this happening? His gentle smile managed to calm me down and work me up all at once. Part of me hated it, but I knew I never wanted him to leave. I intertwined my fingers in his as he started to sing.

"I'll face my fear of the sunrise when I wake up with your hand inside mine. It's hard to say "good morning" when it's followed with "goodbye."

What was this I was feeling? I had never experienced anything like this before. I felt like we were the only two people in the room; the only two in the world, and I was happy.

"Our eyes fighting the light, but I'm not ready to say "good night". I try and hold on tight cause it's just not time to say "good night," say good night."

I wish I knew what he was thinking when he stared at me, or just at all. Was his mind in a whirlwind like mine or was this just another day on the job for him? I hated not knowing how he was feeling when I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest. But then he got up and moved closer to me, taking my hand in his, pulling me toward him. He leaned his forehead against mine.

"I'll face my fear of the cold nights when you leave me behind. I felt your hands in my hair, I felt your breath on my neck, yeah, I need to feel you again."

I squeezed his hand tighter and pulled him closer, as if it was possible. I saw him smile as he winked at me, now facing the crowd to finish the song. I tried my best to do the same. As the music stopped, he stepped out for a quick bow before motioning back to us. The crowd continued to cheer. Before running off, he quickly snuck over to me, leaning in close.
"We need to talk later." He said, and as he backed away he gave me this sweet smile with wide eyes; it felt like my heart had melted in my chest. I nodded.

Now I had to find some way to finish a show feeling like this.