Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 28

Standing in the wings I noticed just how different it was setting up for a bigger band. There were twice as many people scurrying around, twice as much equipment and you could hear the crowd was getting restless. He pulled us off to the side, out of everyone's way.

"Here, you'll need this." He said, placing another pass around my neck. I giggled.
"Even though I just performed?" He nodded.
"I know, but it's super strict now. Don't worry they'll get used to you up here, soon you won't even need one." I couldn't help but smile.
"Oh.. will I be up here a lot?" I asked. He smirked now pulling me closer to him. I giggled wrapping my arms around his neck.
"I hope you're up here every night. Just like I'll be there watching you." I took a minute to take everything in. I stared into his eyes, getting lost in them like I once had that first night. It was hard to talk over all the noise, but I tried my best.

"This scares me.." I said. He looked at me confused.
"What does?" He asked, now staring back at me wide eyed. I sighed.
"This.." I motioned toward him. "You." I bit my lip. I didn't want to ruin anything tonight, things were going so well. But it was true, the faster things moved, the faster they usually crumbled and died.

He moved his arms down, pulling me into a tight hug, hiding his face in my neck. I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly. I didn't want to let go.
"Please don't run away, Kira." He said into my ear. My grip got tighter. He knew me better than I thought. Any other time, that's exactly what I would've done. Ran away. I wouldn't of let myself get this involved in the first place, what made this time different? What made him so special?

"I'll be right here the whole time." I finally said, gently touching his cheek. He smiled, placing a quick kiss on my lips.
"Stay with me tonight." He said. I bit my lip. As badly as I wanted to...

"I.. Should really stay with my band tonight. I don't want them getting any ideas. I'm in this with them, I should be riding in the van too." I giggled. He sighed, hiding his face back in my neck again. I soon felt his lips on my skin. If this was his argument, it was very convincing.
"Stay with me, Kira." He said again. My heart was pounding. But then I remembered how easy it was for me to get worked up around him. I told myself I wouldn't be the girl coming back to his bus at night. A few kisses wasn't going to change my mind that fast.
"I shouldn't.." I said. His kisses continued. My heart was racing. I moved away.
"I think you're on, rock star."

The music had started and the lights had gone down again. The screams were piercing. I couldn't say I blamed them, getting this excited over him. He was pretty great. He turned to look out at the stage then back to me. He sighed.
"Kira, if I look over at all during the night and you're not here I'll be crushed." I giggled, pulling him closer again.
"I'll be right here." I reassured. He smiled, then leaned in giving me one of the most gentle but passionate kisses I've ever felt. I thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest. My head was spinning. I never wanted him to leave.

He then backed away, flashing me a sweet smile before running out on stage.