Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 36

Chapter 36

He was quiet, keeping his peering eyes locked on mine. I tried my best to hold my stare.
"Why?" He asked.
"Because. You know why. I want this between us. I don't want anyone thinking you gave me this. I want them to know I earned it." He scrunched up his face, but continued gently swinging our hands together.

"Are you embarrassed of me?" He asked. I shook my head.
"Not at all." I sighed. That was the last thing I wanted him to think. Who wouldn't want to show him off? And maybe if we were both equally as successful I'd have no problem showing him off, but now wasn't the right time.

"Look, it's new. I think we should just.. Keep it between us for now." I said.
"Can I tell the guys?" He asked.
"I suppose. If you must." He smiled, his grip on my hand getting tighter. He was adorable when he smiled. I tried hiding mine. He noticed.
"It's okay, you can be happy about us. I won't tell anyone." He laughed. My smile grew as I gently shoved him. He giggled, grabbing onto my shirt pulling me closer to him. He kept his eyes locked on mine and that same sly smile on his lips.

"This is so weird." I sighed. He giggled, now playing with my fingers.
"What's weird?"
"The fact that a few months ago you were just another poster on my wall. Now you're here."
"And you like me." He chimed in. His smile grew. I could feel my cheeks burning.
"And I like you." I said quietly.

"Well, I don't think it's weird at all." He said, now looking down at our hands. I looked up at him.
"You don't?" I asked. He shook his head keeping his eyes locked on our hands.
"I don't really think anything is weird, I think everything happens for a reason. I knew there was a reason we found you guys. Maybe it was so I could find you."
"Kellin, I-"
"We should head back to sound check." He said, looking back up at me. His lips curled into a gentle smile. I could tell he was done being deep for the day. I sighed, smiling back at him.
"Okay." I said, intertwining our fingers. I pulled him towards the door. When we stepped out, I felt him hesitate but slip his hand out of mine as we got closer to the stage. I looked back to see him staring at me wide eyed.
"Oh, I.. I thought you wanted me to." I bit my lip, getting lost in those beautiful eyes again.
I shook my head, placing my hand back in his has we met back up with everyone.

"Well, there they are." Justin said, smirking at us. Everyone looked over. I felt my cheeks burn but kept my hand in his. Kellin quickly tried drawing the attention away from us. I was thankful for that. "So are we all done out here?" He asked.
"Kellin we just need you for a few more minutes." One of the tech guys called out. "The rest of you are all set." Kellin turned to me.
"You don't have to wait here if you don't want to."
"Do you want me to?" I asked. He bit his lip, hesitating but eventually nodded. I giggled.
"Then I'll stay." He sighed, quickly pulling me in closer, kissing the top of my head. I grabbed a chair from side stage and watched him. He became a different person on stage, and I loved it. Every now and then he'd peek over, smirking at me, rolling his eyes. No wonder people traveled from all over to watch him.

"I think we're all good." Kellin finally said, flashing a thumbs up to the sound guy. He came back over to me.
"So I just have my meet and greet later and then I'm all yours until show time." He smiled down at me. I couldn't help but smile back.
"Sounds perfect." I could see his cheeks turning red as he leaned in gently kissing my lips. I didn't hesitate to reach out, grabbing onto his shirt and pull him closer. I heard him giggle as his kisses got harder.

"How long do we have until your meet and greet?" I asked. He looked down at his phone.
"About an hour." He said, now locking his eyes back on mine. I smiled, now grabbing ahold of his hand, pulling him back to his dressing room.