Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 5

After we had all received our diplomas, I frantically ran around searching for Adam. Finally I found him, hugging some of the professors, nodding at their congratulatory hand shakes. I stood behind him, making sure not to interrupt. Eventually, he turned around and greeted me with a smile.

"Adam, that was beautiful." I said, pulling him into a tight hug. I felt his arms pull me in tighter, squeezing me harder.
"I'm glad you liked it. I was hoping you wouldn't be mad about me adding that part about you and your band in there, but it was too much to not add in. It worked too well." I laughed.
"Already using my success to benefit you, huh?" He smirked.
"You better believe it, and there will be more where that come from." I sighed.

"So.." He said, transitioning. "Hear of any parties going on tonight?" I looked at him confused.
"You? At a party?" Since when?"
"Well, it's not like there are any tests for me to study for so my schedule is wide open."
"I'll let you know if anything comes up. If anything, the guys and I are just going to be at Jeremy's. You can swing by if you like."

I could see him considering it.
"Maybe.. I'll let you know." I nodded, and let him go to talk to more of the students while I sought out my parents. They weren't too hard to find. They waved me down.

"There she is" My dad said, hugging me tight. I hugged him back.
"We're so proud of you." My mom chimed in, gently rubbing my back.
"Thanks mom" I sighed. My dad put his arm around me.
"So you got any crazy plans tonight, kiddo?" I shrugged.
"Not really, band practice like always." I saw my mom's face tense up. I knew she wasn't thrilled.

"You're gonna be playing every night, don't you want a break?" I smiled.
"Not even a little."
"Why don't you go out and do something different for a change tonight, while you still can. You're gonna be gone for a while. You'll be living in a van, there won't be much for you do to. I would of thought you'd want to take advantage of this while you had the chance."

I mean, she was right. But there wasn't much else I was interested in. I wasn't one to go to parties. I played and wrote music and went to school. And now that the school part is over, there isn't much else for me to do BUT play music.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better Adam and I might go out to a party or two tonight." She smiled.
"Oh, that will be fun. He's a lovely boy, Kira." I felt my cheeks burn.
"Mom.." She rolled her eyes.
"I'm just saying Kira, you're not getting any younger." I laughed.
"Well, I'm not old either."
"I just don't want you to end up lonely one day, sweetie."
"I'll be fine."
"I for one and completely okay with her not chasing after boys, so keep doing what you're doing, kid." My dad chimed in. I laughed. He was always great at getting me out of these awkward situations. I was always thankful for that.

Soon enough, Adam made his way over.
"Mr. and Mrs. Gayle, always lovely to see you." He said with a cheerful grin. My mom practically grabbed him, pulling him into a tight hug. I smiled. She always loved Adam. No wonder she tried so hard to get us together. Thankfully him and I were on the same page about that.
"Oh, Adam you were wonderful. Your speech was beautiful." He smiled.
"Well, thank you. But I couldn't of done it without Kira. She's the one who gave me my material." I playfully shoved him.
"See, mom. He's already using me." He put his arm around me.

"So, what's this I hear about you guys going to a party tonight?" I dad asked. Adam looked down at my confused.
"You decided you wanted to go?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders.
"What could it hurt. Maybe it'll be fun."