Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 7

I stared at him wide eyed. Was he saying what I thought he was saying?

"Adam, I-"
"Look. I know. I know how you are, and you think relationships are stupid. I know that." He sighed, looking back down at his feet.
"And I know you're going away, and you're going to meet thousands of new people. I know that, I've accepted that already. I just.. I'd be lying if I said I never thought about it, Kira. Cause I have. You're incredible and you're beautiful and.. you mean a lot to me." He was now nervously playing with his fingers, keeping his eyes locked on his shoes as he kicked the dirt beneath him.

I didn't know what to say. I could feel my cheeks start to burn. It was quiet for a minute.

"Please say something" He said quietly. I bit my lip. I didn't know what to say.
"Adam.. why haven't you ever brought this up?" I finally asked. He shrugged, continuing to to avoid eye contact.
"Because, Kira. I know how you are. I know you're not into this, but honestly, you're probably one only one." He laughed "I hate to break it to you, but normal people get these feelings. And, well, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable, but tonight is kind of my last chance to just see how this.. could possibly work out."

It got quiet again.

"Adam.. even if I did.. you'd be thousands of miles away." He ran his fingers threw his hair.
"So you don't." He said blankly. I looked over at him.
"Adam, you know if I had any control over this.." He shook his head, now standing up.
"It's okay, I understand. I knew what I was getting into." I looked up at him confused. I guess we were leaving. He started making his way back to the car, getting into the driver's seat without a word.

I hesitated. He opened the window, leaning over to look up at me.

"Are you getting in or not?" He asked sternly. I was taken back.
"Um.. Adam, I.. I'm sorry if I upset you." He rolled his eyes.
"Honestly, Kira.." He said, getting back out of the car. He made his way around until we were face to face again.
"Honestly, I really hope one day you feel this way about someone. I genuinely do. And I'm not mad at you, that would be a ridiculous thing to be mad at. I know this isn't something you can control. I just.. you just don't get it, is all. You just don't understand." He sighed, now leaning back on his car. He crossed his arms, now looking down at me. I bit my lip, staring back at him.

"I hope I feel this way someday too.." I finally said. "But I don't, and I'm sorry. You're my best friend, Adam. Please know that." He shook his head, pushing off his car, and getting back in, slamming his door behind him. I bit my lip.

"I'll get another ride home." I said quietly, leaning down into the window. He sighed deeply, nodding. Soon after, he drove off leaving me alone in the school parking lot.