Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 8

Shortly after, I called Jeremy in hopes he'd give me a ride. He was at the school within minutes.

"Hey.." I sighed, getting in. He turned off the car and looked over at me.
"Are you okay, Kira?" He asked. I nodded.
"What happened? I thought you were going out with Adam tonight?"
"I was.. and then he told me this whole time he had feelings for me, and then he got mad when I told him I didn't have those feelings and I told him I'd find my own way home. I couldn't sit through a drive home with him after that." Jeremy nodded, resting one arm over the steering wheel.

"How do you always manage to get yourself into these situations, kid." I giggled, shrugging my shoulders.
"I wish I knew, Jeremy. It would sure help me with trying to avoid them."

He ran his fingers through his hair.

"You know what they say, Kira. People want most what they can't have." I mean, I guess I understood that. But it only confirmed what I believed this entire time. Feelings like this did nothing but complicate things. Especially when I make it very clear in the beginning that I have no interest.
"I just thought we were on the same page, you know?" I said "I thought I had found a friend and we were happy with our friendship exactly how it is."

"Well, he's a guy, Kira. And you're an amazing person. What do you expect?" He giggled. I playfully shoved him. He smiled.
"Part of me wishes I did feel these things sometimes. At least I'd understand what all the hype was about."
"Only part of you?" He asked. I shrugged.
"I'm like a robot, Jeremy. I like that. It's saved me plenty of times. You don't see me driving home heartbroken." Jeremy nodded in agreement.

"Have you ever even been with a guy?" He asked. I nodded.
"Sure.." I said "I've dated a few guys but I was young and it was kind of just the thing to do. You just started dating someone and you'd make out with them after school. It was never real, you know?" He nodded again.
"Got it.. Alright." He said, trying to change the subject.
"So I was gonna tell you tonight, but some of the guys from Sleeping with Sirens want to stop by tomorrow night. They're in town and apparently they like to welcome the openers." I stared at him wide eyed.
"Oh really?" I asked. He nodded, now giggling to himself.
"Yeah, Sam was thrilled. Him and Jason are hoping Kelllin come over. I think their man crushes are getting a little out of hand." I can't help but laugh.

"They're only going to be disappointed when his ego takes over. There won't be any room left on the couch for anyone else if he sits down." We shared another long laugh.
"You know, Kira. It would do us wonders if you got with that guy." I rolled my eyes.
"I'm not gonna pretend to like a guy for publicity, Jeremy. We're gonna get big because we're great. Not because of a hand out. If anything we'd probably bump heads. You know how much I hate those egotistical guys. Like, you sing songs. Big deal. So do I."
"You're riiiiiiight..." He sighed. "But you never knowwww.." I shook my head.

"Trust me, nothing is going to happen."