Status: writers block

Friction

Chapter 1: (Ashton)

Airi sat above Ashton’s head, on the top of his pillow.
“Ash, Ash. Ashy, Ashy. Ashton. Ashton. Ok, if you don’t get up, I’ll get a duck and let it all the spaghetti.”
He moaned a little and sat up only to hit head forehead with hers.
“Ow, god Air. It’s like two in the morning. What was so important.” He rolled onto the floor on a huge pile of clothes that he would put up sooner or later. He inhaled the sent of his favorite candle scent, which was vanilla. Everyone says that after a while it can give you a headache, but Ashton loved it.
Airi shifted to laying face down on his pillow. She knew it was weird to sniff his pillow but she loved the smell of his hair. It smelled like vanilla, green apples, and that store on the corner where he buys all his bandanas.
“You need to hurry and get dress Siana is on her way” Airi says through the pillow. Siana was Ashton’s tutor. His mom wanted him to still get an education even though he was “all grown up.”
As he heads down the steps he trips on a doll. It was Angel’s, their little sister who was only four. Angel was the opposite of her name. She acted like an angel, but when you got to know her, she was a little devil. She could easily get away with anything. Seated at the table, there was his mom, dad, and Angel. It was already 9:50 and he had to be at the library by 10:15.
“Bye. Love you Mom, Dad, Angel, Air.” his mouth stuffed with waffles and strawberries. Walking down the street, he noticed a guy sitting on the ground, quiet and shy. It looked like he was crying. Ashton was a big softy, so if anyone was crying, he would rush up to them and try to help. As he slowly picked up speed, he speeded off into the nearest car. He was tall, asian-looking, wore black tattered skinny jeans and a NASA t-shirt. He also had tons of bracelets on his arm. Ashton wasn’t judging, but he wondered. He just shook it off. He just couldn’t shake off the thought of that kid, but soon came up a huge two story, marble building. He walked inside to his usual table away from everybody and all the windows. He got distracted easily. There sat Siana wearing her thick rim lime-green glasses, a pale, skin-tone skirt that went a few inches above her knee, and a plaid button down hot pink shirt that she had tucked in. Siana always wore crazy, unique clothing that everyone like, but they never wore. It was like it was only for her.
After two and a half long hours about physics it was finally over. Ashton looked over his shoulder to see that kid again but this time he was with two girls. They were about Siana’s and Airi’s age. The kid looked my age. The girl who was African-American with dark brown hair with strawberry blonde tips clung to his side like a little child would do to his or her mother. He also had thick glasses like Siana but hers were light blue. She looked petrified. Her eyes were squeezed shut. The other girl had pretty big brown eyes. She had long brown hair that went half way down her back. Siana, like the loud, cheerful person she is, got up screaming and running towards them. She must’ve have forgotten this was a library because all the “shhs” came her way. She just giggled it off.
“Cheyenne,” she said to the girl clinging to the tall asian, “Sophie,” she said to the other as she gave her a humungous hug. Siana tilted herself back a little where they both were off the ground. Cheyenne had let go of the boy. He slowly made his way over there. He was kinda embarrassed to stand beside Siana after her little outburst. He walked straight up to him.
“Hi, I’m Ashton Irwin,” he said with a genuine smile. The kid looked a little startled by me suddenly talking. After a while he smiled a small, sad smile and said, “I’m Calum Hood.” Up close you could see that his eyes were rimmed in red. He had been crying. Ashton looked down at his wrists but felt he face redden when Calum noticed. “What are you looking at?”
“Your bracelets, there’s so many. Why do you wear so many?” Ashton had realized what he said afterwards. He looked around. Good, the other girls had left. They sat at a table looking at a magazine and fangirling. Airi had shown up there, too. Calum chuckled a little. He could have sworn he saw a glimmer in his eyes or was he just imagining it. Cheyenne came back to cling to Calum even more. Calum whispered something into her ear, but her response was a shaking of her head. It showed that something bad, and tragic happened to her. Calum did hand gestures to show that he was talking to me. She sighed and slowly turned and walked to the table where everyone was sitting. We talked about anything and everything for a while until the girls got bored. He never did answer my question.
“Hey, want to go to this little café on main street. I heard they have the best tea.”
“Well I got you one.” She led up a gold party bag with tissue paper in it. You could hear a little Yip-Yip coming from it. She carefully set the bag down and pulled out a small tannish yorkie poo. It was a boy even though it had a little bow in his hair. He was way too adorable to pass us up, so Luke decided t keep him and call him Polo. Luke knew he just had t text Calum because he was fangirling al over the place.

Luke: Omg Cal come see new puppy that Laure bought me

Calum: I’m at the Leboughté Café on Main St.

Luke: Will Michael be there

Calum: It’s going to be ok. You’ll get to know him better.

Luke didn’t answer. It’s not that he hated Michael. Michael hated him, and no one else saw it but him. It’s weird how the name of the café was Leboughté when it was pronounced Le booty. That’s why they went there so often. Laure stalked around clinging-ish to him and he when he took a step, she took one also. It went like this all the way to the café.