Status: Ongoing

Cinderella Contract

Cyril to the Rescue!

“The house guards caught them! I can’t keep groping my way around here, I need to find a way out…” The woman in the maid outfit spoke quickly, out of breath.

“I don’t want to hear any more! Dammit, why does nothing ever work out?” The man exclaimed angrily.

“It’s like they were told its okay to use their guns if he resists. Anyway, the sound came from that way…”

“I know! You don’t need to tell me! I’ll…I’ll go and grab him…” The man leaves the room swiftly with the woman soon following after him. If I am going to get out, I have to do it now…But…Ah, if only my hands were free!

I use the wall to stand up. But even that takes a long time. After a while, I notice a strong odor. What is that smell? It smells like a gas station. Huh? I feel prickles running down my spine. I can hear water and it seems like it is just on the other side of the wall. What are they doing? I then hear laughter and it is the man from before.

“If you do catch him, don’t you think I’ll get my revenge on you for throwing me away? So what if you’re roasted alive in here?” He spoke evilly, sounding proud of his idea. My eyes flew wide open and I gasped in realization.

“Is that not a bit thankless?” I have got to get out of here before the fire surrounds me. I move my arm, grimacing at the pain in my wrist. The rope is cutting into my skin, and feels like it will be very hard to undo. If only I could undo this… I hear the ominous crackle of flames as the area around the door begins to grow hot. Grey smoke begins to flow through the cracks as I tremble with fear. Without thinking I…

“HELP! CYRIL!!” I do not know why it is Cyril’s name that I am yelling. Even when he si blunt, or rude, I miss it all, and the thought brings tears to my eyes. I am such a baby, but… I hear a deafening roar and the smoke parts. Cyril kicks the door open with enough force to break it. I shout in surprise.

“What are you doing here?! You’re such a waste of time, idiot!” Then…the ceiling collapses. I feel flames and debris falling down all around me, and all I can do is stare in disbelief. Cyril picks up my motionless body and pulls me out just in the nick of time. “Idiot! Why didn’t you run?!” He shouted at me, but his face showed he was worried.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry…” Tears begin to well in my eyes and Cyril’s face softens.

“We can talk about this later….Anyway, get up!” He cuts the ropes on my wrists with a tiny knife, the size of the palm of his hands. Cyril’s face tightens when he sees the red marks left by the ropes, but he does not speak a word. He tugs my hand and leads me out of the room. “The whole place is burning! Risa, are you alright with heights?”

“Huh? Why are you asking him now?” I give Cyril a strange look.

“We’re going to jump out of that window. There’s no other way.” He spoke seriously.

“Ju…jump out?” Cyril grabs hold of me as I unconsciously grab his neck. I feel him laugh.

“If you’re scared, hold on to me.” Cyril smirked. Before I can reply, he jumps out of the window. The sound of the glass breaking is followed shortly by the sound of the sudden wind stoking the fire. I close my eyes tightly against the wind. A moment later, we fall into water with a loud splash. The cold takes my breath away. “Ah…Are you alright?”

“Um…I think so…” We landed in a large pool. I look up to where we came from and my eyes widened. “Ah, we jumped from all the way up there? It’s just 2 stories.”

“You shouldn’t get yourself caught in places like this. I never want to do that again. You should be grateful that I came to help you.” I stared at him in disbelief. What? Like I wanted to be there?!

“Uh…Thanks…?” I trailed off, obviously grateful to his saving me but not happy he made it seem like a chore. Classic Cyril I guess…He would not have come if he did not care.

“Why are you acting so strange? Don’t you know that I came here for you?”

“I know, but…I am surprised that you came here for me.” Still floating in the cold water, we look deep into each other’s eyes. Cyril reaches out his hands to me and hugs me clumsily.

“Umm, you…Well, you’re my…my wife…” He trailed off, stumbling over his words. He started stroking my hair softly with his right hand. My face turned bright red and all I could do was nod.

“Ye…yes.”

“And that’s why I helped you…I mean…isn’t that obvious?” He was trying to get his words across and I inwardly laughed at his embarrassment.

“Yes, I think so.” I nodded again, this time smiling slightly.

“So it’s not like I’m saying anything strange.” He’s blushing furiously with his brows knitted. How cute! I wonder why he is suddenly talking so nicely to me?

“It is just that, I did not know you felt that way…It makes me happy.” His hand stopped stroking my hair. I look up again and see that Cyril’s face is once again bright red. I try looking at him in the eye, but he keeps looking away. “Cyril, you look away more than I do.”

“Shut up!” He tried sounding angry but could not hide his shyness.

“Why is it?” I was definitely curious and wanted to hear him say it. At firs the remained silent.

“I can’t…look at you. Your eyes…your face…” He spoke slowly, still red in the face.

“Huh…?” What does that mean? I gave him a confused look and he finally looked at me.

“Don’t make me say it again! I said I can’t explain it!” He suddenly embraces me forcefully. Ripples spread through the water around us. “It’s so annoying…I can’t help thinking about you lately.”

Before I get to respond, his lips are on mine and his eyes are closed. They’re warmer and softer than his hands. It took me a minute to react to being kissed.

Finally, the shock hits me. When I suddenly pull away, I can tell Cyril is just a red as me. “What was that for?” His brows knitted up again, but his face was still red.

“It doesn’t mean what you think it means! It’s not like! I mean…It’s not like…we’re married!” My head is spinning. I want to plunge right into the water now. “What the hell is wrong with you? You’re always so stupid! After all that you put me through!” Cyril shouted.

“Stupid?” What is he saying to me?

“I didn’t forget, idiot! You said…that you like me! What are you looking at? You said it, didn’t you?” His shouts sound powerless. He hides his mouth and averts his eyes. Cyril lets out a choked whisper, “If it was just a joke then don’t say it again…”

“I’m sorry.” I was in such a state of confusion that I could only apologize.

“You think I’m an idiot to worry about you.”

“Huh? What do you mean worry?” I looked at him questioningly, but he still kept eyes away.

“Shut up!” Cyril suddenly sneezes. His sudden sneeze makes me laugh. He grasps my hand and leads me towards the edge. Even in the cold water, that hand is warm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay Cyril saved the day! But of course he ruined it by saying such mean things and blaming poor Risa! I think he made up for it though with his kiss and cuteness!