Status: Old story reposted

Never Say Never Unless You've Tried

Chapter One

“I can’t believe you would do something like this. I never want to see you again , I hate you”
Those were the last words he heard from her. That was 4 days ago.
He hasn’t seen that beautiful smile , that menacing voice , that melting eyes. He hasn’t seen or heard from the girl he loves. He screwed up , he knows that much. He didn’t have a perfect relationship but he hbre the perfect girl and in a matter of seconds , in a matter of a drunken rendevouz he fucked it all up. In a matter of seconds , matter of seconds.
He was sat alone in his big house , the house with so much memories that was suddenly so empty , so cold. The walls he once found relaxing was now haunting him , making it clear that they knew about the actions that happened a week ago , how he fucked it up between him and Brenda , his Brenda. He punched the nearest wall , a hole was now in the perfect white wall , the crack echoeing through the house. Cristiano sigh as he looked down at his knuckles that were bleeding furiously. He walked over to the medicine cabinet and pulled out a few tissues before wrapping it up with gauze.
He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t hear the door open. He rolled his eyes at his best friend that strolled in casually as if he belonged the mansion.
“You alright Cris?” Sergio asked , eyeing the hole in the wall.
Cristiano let out a dry chuckle , “now why would I be alright? I fucked up my chances at ever being alright”
Sergio sigh and handed a small brown covered book to the footballer.
Brows furrowed , Cristiano asked “what’s this?”
“It’s called the Love Dare. I used it on Lauren when we were going through that rough patch. It helped us and now we are happier than ever. Try it , it might help fixing things with Brends.”
Sergio smiled softly , “now I need to go. But really try it Cris. It’s a 3 day challenge , it’s hard but it certainly works”
Cristiano nodded and thanked the Spaniard. Sergio left a few minutes after and once Cristiano was alone , he sat down and opened the book.

‘Welcome to the LOVE DARE. Of course if you are rebreing this book , you and your partner are having some sort of troubles. We are not here to judge , we are here to help you. Follow this 3 day plan and soon you and your partner will be over the moon happy again. Now this will not in any circumstances be easy , but it is worth it in the end. Do not give up when you see no changes , the changes will come. Enjoy and good luck!’
Cristiano sigh and paged further on to the next page. He started reading :
DAY 1
If you and your partner still lives in the same house , this step will be easy. If not , then you will have to do extra troubles. The first step may seem unimportant and useless , but we assure you it is not. Now , the first step is to show your partner how much you love and care about them. Make your partner breakfast [if you live in the same house] or if not , show up at your partner’s work and make them feel special with a coffee and flowers. It will probably go unnoticed , but it will light up their day. Even if they don’t tell you
Cristiano rolled his eyes. Brenda will forsure throw the coffee back in his face. But he hbre to try. He stood up from the couch and grabbed his car keys. He walked over to the garage , started the car and drove off to the flourist and then Starbucks before going to the hospital where she worked as a peditrition.
Once he reached the 30 storey building , he hopped out and locked the car before going up to the 12th floor , the floor his beloved worked.
He reached her office and gave the secretary fake details as to why he was here. He sat down in the waiting room , until Brenda came out with a client. The client left and Brenda asked her secretary for the next patient. She pointed to where Cristiano sat , his heart beating uncontrollably and rapidly.
Brenda turned around , and Cristiano felt something he has never experienced before except in games , nervousness.
“H-hey Brends” he managed to whisper out.
She rolled her eyes , “come in” she ushered him in.
He stood up and followed the blonde. Once they were both in , she closed the door and sat down at her desk. “What are you doing here Cris?” Cristiano flinched at the tone of her voice. “I uhm , I thought I would do uhm something nice for you. So I brought you a Frappuchino , because I know how much you like it and a bunch of your favourite flowers”
“Why? You have never spoiled me before , why now?”
It was true , he has never been a loving boyfriend. Always flirted with random girls. He was once a gentleman , before they started dating but once he hbre her he started acting like a jerk , a jerk who never cared about her wellbeing and she finally hbre enough after 2 years when he was caught having sex with another random girl in their bed. On their 2nd year anniversary and that’s when she left him. That was 4 days ago.
He sigh , “I uhm don’t really know. I just thought it will be nice to buy you something for a change”
He was known for getting frustrated easily , and she wasn’t helping the cause by not accepting the gestures.
She rolled her eyes , annoyed by him trying to be nice now that they are broken up.
“Thanks” she replied glumly and looked down at her paperwork.
He sigh , “will you take it?” frustration etched on his every word.
“I said thanks. You can put it down” she snapped back.
He rolled his eyes and slammed the items down before storming out of her practice.
He reached his house and slammed the front door shut , so hard he almost jumped himself.
He opened himself a beer and sat down , his phone started ringing. He sigh and glanced at the caller ID. Sergio.
“Hey man” Cris said half heartedly.
“Hey. How did the first day go?”
“Oh fucking great. Just peachy.” Sarcasm dripped at his every word.
“What happened?”
“I bought her a coffee and flowers , but she didn’t really look very grateful.”
Sergio sigh , “what did you expect? I told you it won’t be easy but you can’t allow yourself getting frustrated”
“Yeah okay” he sigh , “tomorrow will be better” Sergio reassured him , “everyday is better. One step to getting her back man”