Status: Old story reposted

Never Say Never Unless You've Tried

Chapter Three

At football practise , Sergio and Cristiano started running laps together like always. This time , not joking around but being serious. “How’s it going with the Love Dare?” he asked. The portuguese sigh , “terrible. I’m not cut out for this. She doesn’t even talk to me! Let alone forgiving me and there’s only this day left”
“Man , day 3 was also hard for me , but believe me , soon you’ll find changes. Tomorrow things will really be

Back home Cristiano decided to see what day 3 was holding in for him.
Day 3. Last day. How’s it going? Today , will probably be the hardest assignment. You will have to make your partner dinner and tell her things you never told her. Get to know your partner again. If your partner throws it back in your face – keep trying. Do not give up!
Cristiano sigh and called Brenda’s work. Her secretary picked up ; “hey Kat. It’s me , Cris”
“Hi Cris. Listen , you gotta stop calling and showing up at work , you’ve never done it when you guys were together , and now she thinks you are doing this for something in return”
He sigh , “Kat just please , I need to talk to her now. Please it’s important”
“She’s in a meeting now. Sorry”
He rolled his eyes , his anger visible , “yeah bye” with that he hung up the phone and punched another hole in the just-fixed wall. “I fucking give up” he growled.
“Dude.. you gotta stop punching holes in the wall” Sergio appeared through the front door.
“I give up man. I can’t do this anymore. I give up. Relationships are too hard”
Sergio sigh , “remember when Lauren and I went through that hard time 2 years ago?”
“Yeah”
“Well , something I never told you , was that I told her I hated her Cris. I said to her that I hate her. After I...” Sergio teared up , “after I fucking accidently punched her I told her I hated her. And yet.. here we are , happy as ever. I didn’t give up. I wanted to , I didn’t. So please don’t give up”
Cristiano buried his head in his hands , he nodded. “I won’t”
“Good”

Cristiano was busy arranging the perfect dinner for her , he started cooking her favourite meal , a Greek meal since it’s her native named “Pascameo-letii” (chicken pricatta)
When he finished cooking it , he made her favourite dessert , also Greek since he knew how much she missed home. He made “Chocolite Bezema” (chocolate mousse) , after that was over , he went to his massive garden which she loves and got her her favourite pink and white roses.
From when they first started dating , Brenda told him how she loved dinner by candlelight , so of course he made the room filled with candles. He also knows how much she loves his garden so he let the dinner be outside. Luckily it was a wind-free night so the candles didn’t blow out. He also knew that she won’t come on her own , so he got Sergio and Lauren to get her to his house. Since Lauren and Brends are best friends , it was hard to get Lauren to agree but eventually he succeeded.
Sergio BBMed Cris quickly , saying they were on their way. Cristiano was , safe to say , nervous as hell. His heart beat was increasing by the second and his palms were clammy. He quickly put on some soft Greek lullaby CD.
Cristiano got another BBM from Sergio saying that he told Brends that a few of her stuff was still at Cristiano’s and he was too scared to text her himself. After a lot of pouting from both Sergio and Lauren , Brenda finally gave in and was now at the front door of the house she’s shared too many memories in.
Good and bad
But she still loved the owner of this white mansion.

The doorbell rung and Cristiano’s heart was now rapidly beating. He walked over to the door and let his hand open the door. He smiled brightly when he saw the girl next to his best friend and his girlfriend. “Hey Brends” he whispered.
Sergio and Lauren have made it their mission to leave the ex-couple making Brends scowl.
“come on in” he ushered her inside.
“Sergio said you’ve got something for me?” she demanded. He flinched slightly at her tone of voice , he deserved it but it hurt a lot knowing he’s not really her favourite person anymore. He now knows how it feels , to be left out of the loop. To not be loved by the one you love. He did it , to her. He didn’t ever tell her he loved her , he never held her , or told her things would be okay when her mother died. What did he tell her? He told her to ‘suck it up.. these things happen to people’.
Oh how he regret that.
“Uhm y-y-yeah about that.. I uhm I asked h-him to uhm... to lie to y-you b-because uhm I.. uh”
“for fuck sakes Cristiano , just talk!” she yelled.
“I asked Serg to lie because I need us to talk things out. That’s if you want to. I’ll totally understand if you say no , which will suck , but I deserve it”
She rolled her eyes , “talk”
“w-what?” he was caught off guard which made her smirk slightly , “you heard me.. talk”
He was still rooted to the spot , but snapped out of it slightly , “uh yeah. I made you your favourite dinner. If you’re hungry?”
“Yeah.. okay fine.”
He smiled brightly in relief , “o-okay.. I set it up in the garden , I know you love the garden so uhm I set it up there”
She nodded , her cold attitude faltering but she wanted him to still suffer.
Afterall , he deserved it..right?
She went to sit outside , while he was nervously putting the food in the plates. Once he was done , he walked with both plates to the back door , before entering the garden , he took a deep breath and then walked outside. He smiled at the scene in front of him , exactly like he remembers , there Brenda was , staring at the beautiful mansion of a garden. He remembers her always sitting outside in silence , just admiring God’s creation.
She must have sensed his gaze as she turned around , blushing slightly.
Cristiano smiled at her before setting the plates down and held out her chair for her , once she sat he pushed her gently in and then sat down himself. “uh , I got red wine.” He said.
‘Were you on a everything-Brenda-likes marathon or something?” she teased , he blushed. “No but I kind of need brownie points so...” he said sheepishly.
For the first time in a long time she laughed , he smiled brightly at that.
When she settled down , he became serious again. “I’m sorry. For everything. For being the world’s biggest jerk , for cheating on you , for just being this fuck up that I am. I’m sorry. I’m so fucking sorry”
Her expression softened , she knows he felt bad about everything he ever did and she , believe it or not , was crazy enough to forgive him. But was she ready to let him know that? No. That’s why she asked the next question , she knew it would break him. She may be a bitch but she knew it had to be done : “why did you do it? Why did you emotionally abuse me and then.. why did you cheat on me?”
She was right , he looked broken. Defeated , as if his worst nightmare came true.
“I..” he struggled with words , “I don’t know.. I really don’t have an answer , only a apology”
He whispered , tears were leaking. ‘I’m sorry Brends , I really am.”
“I was hurt” she whispered , her own eyes were filled with tears. “I was broken , when you..did what you did. You were such a gentleman when we weren’t dating , and then.. you totally changed. I was confused at first , then angry and then just hurt”
He closed his eyes , “I know. I still hate myself for what I’ve done but I promise , even if you don’t give me a chance , I will spend my whole life making it up to you”
She sobbed , he pulled her into a hug and surprisingly she didn’t object. “I’m sorry. I am so sorry. I love you” he whispered.
“I forgive you” she said after a couple of minutes of pure silence. He was shocked , he pulled away with wide eyes , “you do?”
She smiled happily , “yeah I do. I know you won’t do it again and I know you love me , I forgive you”
Cristiano beamed , “oh my god.. that’s awesome” he rambled.
She laughed and cut him off with a mindblowing kiss , “I love you Crissy” she whispered , their foreheads pressed against each other , “I love you too Brends”
“Now.. let’s eat before the food gets cold” he suggested.