Punk Princess

Chill.

"Oh my gosh Hannah, I can't believe we're seeing them IN CONCERT! We're almost there!" I squealed for probably the thirteenth time since she and I had gotten in the car three hours ago. "I know. You keep saying that," she chuckled. We were only 4 minutes and 43 seconds away from the venue where my all-time favorite band, Aim For The Broken, would be playing tonight. I'm almost 17, but this had me acting like a little kid in a candy store!

As we parked, I squealed again. "EEE! WE'RE HERE!!!!"
"It's just a concert, B. Chill out," my best friend replied, resting a firm hand on my shoulder to keep me from bouncing. Before we got out of the car, I reapplied my dark red lipstick, and repositioned my favorite black beanie on my head, making sure not to mess up my long, straightened hair. Maybe I'll meet Landin and he'll fall in love with me (despite the fact that he was 3 years older than me) like I always dreamt he would when I finally attended one of his concerts....maybe he'll see me in the crowd and just think "Wow, she's so pretty...I have to know who that girl is..."

I was brought back to reality by Hannah snapping her fingers in front of my face. "Earth to B, if you want good seats we need to go in there now," she said. I nodded and jumped out of the car, tugging at the hem of my old tee to straighten it out. I practically ran to the gate, leaving Hannah behind in my dust. When she finally caught up to me, we were almost at the front of the line.

I took a few deep breaths and stepped forward. "Tickets please?" the stick-like girl at the gate asked. I handed her the tickets and looked down at myself. Why would Landin notice me when all of these thinner, prettier girls are here?

She marked the tickets and handed them back to Hannah and I. "Enjoy the concert," she said, smiling and waving us through. I forgot all about the prettier girls when I saw the stage. It was MASSIVE. I gawked and Hannah tugged me down to the pit with her. We chatted with a few different fans until the frontman of the opening band came onto the stage, signalling that the concert was starting. "Hello Dallas! Are you ready for this?!" he yelled into the mic. We all screamed in reply. "Hey guys, is there an audience out there? I can't seem to hear anyone..." he said, turning to face his band but still holding the mic. "I said, ARE YOU READY?!" He yelled a little louder, and the audience roared again. "Huh, I guess they are there after all! Hey, guys! I'm Chance and ---" he yelled again, but the I couldn't hear the rest because the girl behind me started screaming that she loved him and other stuff. Then the music started and he started screaming.

Hannah and I jumped up and down, headbanging and pumping our fists to the beat. I had to admit they were pretty good. Before we knew it, the first song was over. "Alright guys, so this one's off our new album, and it's called Punk Princess," Chance announced, and as he looked over the screaming audience, I swear his gaze caught mine and time stopped for a few seconds. Then everything resumed just like nothing happened. Maybe nothing did happen....weird.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter (this is a semi-true story)
WOO!