Punk Princess

Well Hello There

Before we knew it, the concert was over. Throughout the whole show, even through AFTB's set, I couldn't stop thinking about Chance. The way he looked at me before they started playing their second song was etched into my mind. After most of the crowd had dispersed, Hannah and I decided we weren't going to get to meet any of the members, so we began to retreat. We were almost out the gate when I felt a hand grab my arm. I whipped around, expecting a drunk man looking for an easy target and ready to swing if it was, but the person standing there with his hand on my arm was none other than the lead singer of the opening band. The one and only Chance. He flashed me a smile and I stood speechless as Hannah started to jump up and down.
“Hey, I saw you in the crowd earlier, and I just wanted to tell you that I, uh...” he began, and my heart sped up. I'm not sure why, I mean he's just another attractive band member, not even the one that was supposed to meet and fall in love with me. “...think you dropped this,” he finished, then handed me a bracelet. I shook my head, somewhat disappointed for an unknown reason. “That's not mine,” I chuckled lightly. It wasn't until now that I realized his hand was still on my arm. I looked at him, and he moved his hand and looked down, blushing. “Sorry, uh....I thought you'd dropped it...the person it belongs to is probably gone by now, so do you want it? I think the colors would really accent your beautiful eyes,” he asked, looking back up. I shrugged and he smiled and handed me the small bead bracelet. His smile was amazing. And his eyes, they were the most beautiful hazel I'd ever seen. Time stopped again when he looked at me. Then his gaze switched to Hannah behind me, and he got a concerned look on his face.
“Is, uh, she alright?” he asked, causing me to turn and look at my red-faced, hyperventilating best friend. “Yeah, she's fine. She's just a really big fan,” I laughed and he nodded, looking back at me. “Hey, do you want to-” he started, and I listened somewhat eagerly, but he was interrupted by his bandmate, the drummer, I think, running up to him to tell him that they needed to report back to the bus immediately. He nodded and gave me a smile that seemed apologetic, then turned and ran off with the other member. I shook my head, unsure of what had even just happened. Had I just been flirted with by a singer, or was I reading too much into this?
I sighed and grabbed Hannah's arm, then lead her back to the car. We sat there for a few minutes while she calmed down, then she screamed. “Agh! What the hell?!” I said, covering my ears. “Sorry, just processing the fact that THE Chance Taylor just flirted with my best friend, AND gave her a bracelet!” she said excitedly. Guess I wasn't wrong, he really did flirt with me. But why? He's not my soulmate. Sure he's attractive, and I guess I'm flattered, but why me? I'm not even a fan of his band and Hannah is like, a lot prettier than me. So why would he have flirted with me? I looked at the bracelet and realized the beads had letters on them. They spelled out “C-A-L-L-M-E”. I'm not sure if that was a coincidence or not....but I don't have his number anyways, so oh well. I looked at Hannah and it seemed that she'd finally come back to planet Earth, so I turned the key that was already in the ignition. “Hannah, drive.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Anyone still with me? heh