Status: This is my Ghost!Fic

Say Something (I'm Giving Up On You)

Prologue.

Well, it was quick. Jeremy Gilbert had always imagined his death to be slow and agonizing, but the snap of a neck was virtually the opposite. Not that it wasn’t painful, of course it was - the drawing sensation of blood being drained, the stone-like hands crushing his neck - but in contrast to an illness or a horrible accident, or even drowning, which claimed his parents and sister before she was turned, this was painless enough. One second, he was being held down by his sister’s doppelganger Katherine and drained by Silas, the world’s first immortal being, the next, he was stood there, looking at his own bloodied, limp body, looking into his own lightless eyes, watching as his friend and ex-girlfriend Bonnie bled out on the floor, Katherine long gone. It was a horrifying sight, but he couldn’t tear his eyes away.
His sister Elena ran in with her boyfriend Damon and his brother Stefan, then dropped beside his body, pulling him into her arms, crying softly.
“Elena!” he called, but she couldn’t hear him, “I’m right here.”
A voice he recognised instantly said after a short, spine chilling laugh, “That won’t work, Little Gilbert.” Jeremy looked around to see Kol Mikaelson, the Original he had killed, “Y’know, I’m sort of surprised that your last thought as you died was about me.”
“Kol… how?” he looked at the youngest Mikaelson man, gasping in horror.
Kol gave a cocky grin, “Basically, you’re dead, and this… this is the other side. I’m surprised you’re so shocked, you’ve been here before.”
“Are you going to hurt me?” Jeremy actually whimpered.
Kol rolled his eyes, “Although I can, no. I need to find a way back, even if it means staying with a murderous little twerp like you.”
“I c-can take you.” Jeremy backed away, walking through his sister and seeing her shudder.
Kol smirked, “Don’t kid yourself.”
“You tried to kill me!” cried Jeremy.
Kol retorted, “You did kill me. And besides, you ended up dead anyway, and didn’t get the cure.”
“I-I’m dead.” Jeremy shuddered, dropping beside his sister, stretching out his hand and going through her, “Oh, God.”
Kol watched, his smile growing sadistically, “Exactly what I was thinking when my mate killed me.”
“Screw you!” Jeremy hissed, “J-Just go.”
Kol sighed, “I can’t do that. I want to, but no. I guess we have to stick together.”
“Oh, great.” Jeremy muttered.
Kol huffed, “I’m not exactly celebrating either.”
Finally, the others lifted his body and Jeremy followed after like the ghost he was, Kol practically floating in tow.
He was really dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what did you all think?