Status: I dont know, I'll update whenever

I Need You

Tourniquet

“What do you think they’ll charge him with?” I asked and took a sip of my tea. “That depends. They can obviously get him for domestic abuse, but if he has anything on him, they could charge him for possession of illegal substances too,”
I nodded a little and smiled for the first time in a while. “Don’t you sound all smart?” I teased, making him grin. “Yes I do,” I laughed and set my mug down. “It’s nice to see your smile again. I missed it,” he said, making me smile more.
I wrapped my hands around my mug, warming them. “Me too. Now that I’m here, I just feel…free? I was always worried that I would do something to upset him, but I don’t anymore,” Vic smiled too and leant over to kiss my hair.
“I’m glad. Happy Kellin is my favorite,” I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck. “Thank you for always being here for me,” I said softly.
“Of course. You are kind of important to me,” I smiled and pulled back to look at him. “Me too,” I said, genuinely happy. “Good. Because that means I can use that as leverage to get you to see you’re doctor,”
I whined, Vic laughing at me. “You know you have to. Besides, you were supposed to two weeks ago. You know, when it was actually February?” I sighed quietly while Vic got my pills out for me.
“Here,” he said and held them out in his palm. “I don’t want to see my doctor,” I said and popped them into my mouth. “I don’t care. And you should take those with water,”
I stuck my tongue out at him and swallowed them with a sip of tea anyways. “You should go put your shoes on,” Vic said, making me frown. “Why?” I asked. “Because I already scheduled you an appointment for today because you’re so stubborn,” I glared and slid off of the stool to slid my toms on. “You’re evil,” I accused and slipped into my jacket. “I’m an angel,”
I smiled to myself and walked back over to him. “So when exactly is this appointment?” I asked. “In about a half hour. That gives you just enough time to finish your tea and drive over there,” he said, making me glare at him playfully.
“It’s only because I care about you and you really do need to get your blood screened,” I smiled and pecked his cheek. “I know,” Vic walked past me then to put his shoes on too.
I finished the last few swallows of my tea before spinning around on his stool. He came out of his bedroom in a grey hoodie and a beanie, stopping to pick up his keys and phone. I grabbed mine too, minus my keys. I didn’t really need them anymore, considering I was never going to go back to Oli, and I didn’t have a car.
“Ready to go?” Vic asked and held his hand out to me. I nodded and laced our fingers together. He opened the door for me and then locked it behind himself. ~

“Hi Kellin, how are you feeling?” Dr. Velii said and smiled at me. “Okay,” He sat down beside me and opened up his laptop. “Have you been taking your pills?” he asked. “Mostly, yeah,” He glanced up at me disapprovingly.
“And have you been eating regularly?” I nodded at that. “I missed a few meals here and there, but I’ve been staying with my friend, and he makes me eat,”
He nodded and typed all of that down before looking up again. “Have you had any nausea or dizzy spells?” he asked. “Um, just once, a little while ago. I hadn’t eaten all day, so felt really sick and passed out.”
I got a glare for that. “Kellin, you need to have at least two meals a day,” he said. “I know,” Vic had been making me eat all three and made sure that I took my pills on time.
“Okay, and is your medication working?” I nodded simply. “I think so. I always feel better after I take it,” I said. “That’s good. Just make sure that you’re eating regular meals and taking them and I think you should be fine. However, you do need to come to your appointments when we schedule them. We need to make sure that you’re iron levels are staying at a healthy rate,”
I nodded again. I knew all of this, I just didn’t always listen. Normally, I wouldn’t need to have a screening every month, but I was known for not eating a whole lot, and that completely fucked my iron deficiency.
Dr. Velii stood up to walk over to his counter. I watched him wash his hands and then slide on a pair of rubber gloves. “Could you take your jacket of for me?” he asked and started getting out the stuff he would need.
I did as told and slid my jacket off. He walked over with the little tray and peeled the fresh needle out of the package. I watched him assemble it and then connect one of the vials before setting it down.
I hated blood, but I had done this so many times that it just didn’t bother me anymore.
He picked up the tourniquet and wrapped it around my arm before tying it tightly. I looked down while he wiped the crook of my arm clean and then picked up the syringe.
“Can you make a fist for me?” he asked. I opened and closed my hand a few times, watching him search for my vein. “Okay,” he said and held my arm still.
He pressed the needle to my skin, luckily hitting the vein on the first try. I winced as it pressed into my arm, my blood flowing freely into the vial. I watched him fill the first one before removing it and moving on to the next, and then the last one.
“Alright,” he mumbled, more to himself, and set the last one down on the tray. He pulled the needle out of my arm, quickly replacing it with a cotton pad.
I let him roll the medical tape around my arm and tie it, before pulling the tourniquet off. “Okay, I’ll just go run these for you and call you sometime tomorrow,” I nodded and hopped off the bench, slightly wobbly.
“Have a nice day Kellin,” he said as I walked out of his office and out to where Vic was waiting. He was on his phone, one leg crossed over the other as he stared at it.
He looked up at me and smiled. “How did it go?” he asked. “Okay.” He stood up and took my hand. “Ready to go?” ~
♠ ♠ ♠
*sniffles*

title- "Tourniquet" Evanescence