Every Day Feels Like a War

I'll Lay Your Soul To Waste

Ashley dropped to his knees beside Andy, cradling his head. "Andy!" He cried, lightly smacking his cheek. "Wake up!" He said to the man on his lap. The younger man had just collapsed, arms wind-milling wildly. Thankfully, he'd fallen backwards onto the stage instead of into the crowd. Ashley continued trying to wake him, shaking him anxiously. After a few minutes, his sky blue eyes opened wide. He was clearly stunned. He looked at the crowd and sat up, glancing at his microphone. "Andy! Oh my god, are you okay?"
"What- what happened?" Andy rubbed his head, grimacing.
"You just passed out." Ashley frowned. "C'mon. I'm taking you back to the hotel."
Andy nodded and let Ashley pick him up. He laid limply against him, closing his eyes. Ashley managed to carry the taller man to the hotel, helping him into bed. "Rest up.. Don't get sick." He sighed and gently kissed his forehead.
"Mm." Andy sighed. "Thanks, Ash." He looked up at the bassist.
"Any time, kid." He murmured. "Why did you pass out, you think?"
Andy sighed and repositioned himself in the bed. "I don't know. Low blood sugar or something." He grimaced. He was sweaty from the show, hair stuck to his forehead and in his eyes.
Ashley brushed his still damp hair back gently. "I'll order you some food from room service. After that, you'll be on your own. CC and I are going out after that."
Andy made a face. "You do that every night."
Ashley shrugged. "I like to party." He used the room phone to call. He ordered Andy some food, going back to his own room. "Get some rest." He said over his shoulder as he left Andy. He got ready and rode the elevator down and met up with CC. "Let's fuckin' party!" CC laughed and walked to the club. They flashed their IDs at the bouncer and went inside, finding a booth. CC went off to find drinks and Ashley sat back to get a read on the scene. It was all pretty unremarkable, a mob of bodies writhing to looping electronic music. Some people stuck to the walls like artwork. Those were the ones there to drink. The dancers were there to party. The ones seated around the bar, eyeing other people, were the ones seeking to pick up. They were his people. There was someone he definitely had his eye on.. A girl, maybe 21 or 22, CC came back with a beer for each of them and sat down. "You've got that look in your eye, Purdy. See someone you like?"
Ashley laughed softly. He tilted his head. "Maybe."
He sipped from the bottle. He clasped it in his slender fingers, lining up his knuckle tattoos over the glass. It was cold, condensation running down the bottle. CC sat with him, both of them gearing up to go onto the dance floor. CC went out first, Ashley finishing his beer. The girl he'd been sneaking looks at slid into the booth beside him, sipping some fruity mixed drink.
"Hi." She smiled, glossy red lips catching the strobe lights. She spoke in his ear so she could be heard over the loud, thumping music. Her voice was smooth and lyrical, a little low but Ashley liked it.
He blinked, speechless for a second. She was stunning... "Hi." He said finally. He let his eyes caress over her smooth, soft curves. She wore black on black, his mouth watering. Tights under shorts accentuated her long legs. She wore a black shirt, cut down the sides. Pale skin stood out from the black, smooth and longing to be kissed and marked. "I'm Ashley."
She smiled slightly and leaned forward, clearly interested. Her sleek dark hair fell down over her shoulder, catching the light above them. "Kat." She sipped the electric blue drink. "I saw you checking me out, thought I'd come say hi."
Ashley was very rapidly falling in lust with this girl. "Oh, I'm glad.. Saves me the trouble of coming up with a line on the walk over to you." He joked.
She giggled and leaned forward again. "You're cute."
Ashley laughed. "You're beautiful." Hours passed as they talked. Ashley was lost in her eyes, more drunk on her than he was on liquor. They finally stumbled out after last call, hands twined between them. He stopped and took her other hand. "Kat.. I really like you.." He murmured.
"I like you too." She giggled, eyes shining. She laced her long nailed fingers between his. They leaned their foreheads together and gazed into each others eyes.
"Can I kiss you?" He requested.
Her lips curled into a smile. "I want nothing more."
He smiled back. He slid his hands to her back and kissed her gently. "I'm staying in a hotel tonight.. And I've got my own room." He proposed.
"Is that so?" She murmured. "I think I can be persuaded."
Ashley laughed against her mouth. "You can meet the band in the morning, if you want to stick around." He said hopefully. He was falling hard for this girl, surprisingly enough. He'd never felt like this before..
Her smile crept up a little more. "I'd love that." She murmured. They continued to walk to the hotel, holding hands and kissing every now and again. Ashley smiled and kissed the back of her hand, riding the elevator up. They walked hand in hand to where his room was. She looked around as he unlocked the door. "You really want me to meet the band?" She asked hesitantly
Ashley nodded. "Do you not want to? I mean.. I guess I'm asking a lot considering we just met each other a while ago." He said anxiously. He knew he shouldn't have brought up the band..
Kat laughed. "It's fine, silly. Just.. What if they don't like me?"
"They'll like you. I promise. C'mon." He pulled her inside.
Hours later, they awoke, tangled up in each other. She gave him a sleepy smile and a kiss. "Mm.. Shower? And then we can meet up with your bandmates."
Ashley laughed and sat up. "We totally have time for another romp before we go."
Kat rolled her eyes. "Charming. Come on, Ashy. We can do both." She winked. Ashley grinned and tugged her into the shower. They got dressed and rode the elevator down. "Thank you for the shirt." She smiled and tugged the edge down over her tights.
"Any time, cutie." He smiled and kissed her cheek.
"You're sure that they'll like me?" She asked suddenly, nervous.
Ashley nodded. "Positive." He walked with her into the hotel cafe. Andy looked, eyes wide.
"Guys.. This is Kat." Ashley said shyly, pulling out her chair for her to sit down.
She smiled politely. "Hello." Her smile grew a little when she looked at Andy. "Lovely to meet you."