Every Day Feels Like a War

Not Afraid To Break My Bones

"Kat's trying to kill you." Andy rocked back on his heels, shoving his hands in his pockets.
Ashley blinked, trying to comprehend. Andy- was he serious? "She's- she's trying to kill me." He echoed, baffled. He glanced at her. She was asleep, hair fallen over her eyes and pink lips parted slightly, soft breaths punctuating the silence.
Andy nodded, rolling his tongue against the inside of his cheek. "Yeah.." He rocked anxiously, eyes wide. "You believe me, Ash, don't you? Please- you have to believe me!"
Ashley pinched the bridge of his nose, thinking. "Andy.. That kind of accusation doesn't come out of nowhere." He started. "But she's a sweetheart. She's seriously- I doubt she's capable of murder."
Andy grimaced, looking at her prone form on the couch. "Like this- it's hard to believe, I know. She's just a defenseless kitten or whatever. But she- she isn't who you think she is."
Ashley glanced at her. "Andy.. Fine. You've got my attention. Who is she."
Andy rubbed his eyes. "She- I.. Well.. I can't tell you!"
Ashley shook his head. "You're going to accuse my girlfriend of being- what? An impostor? A murderer? With no explanation at all?" He paused. "C'mon. Humor me. Why do you think my girlfriend is Satan incarnated?"
Andy groaned loudly. Kat stirred on the couch, drawing Andy's attention. He looked back to Ashley. The bassist's expression was stormy, eyes dark and furious.
Ashley narrowed his eyes. "You- I can't believe you, Biersack. I get that you can't deal with your emotions or whatever but- this? This is out of line. Your therapist clearly isn't working because you're sick in the head. I'm sick of you trying to take away the one thing that makes me happy." He hissed.
Kat opened one eye, watching Ashley grow increasingly aggravated.
Andy watched him, navy eyes wounded. "Ashley- please.."
Ashley glared, opening his mouth to tear into Andy again. Andy grabbed him and kissed him passionately, pouring all his emotion and desperation into the kiss.
Ashley froze, fingers twisting in Andy's jacket for a moment before roughly shoving him away. Andy hit the table, a few knickknacks clattering to the floor. Andy slumped against it. "A-Ashley? P-please don't do this.. Please.."
"You're fucking sick, Andy. I can't even believe you." He hissed. "What gives you the right?!"
Andy trembled. "Ashley- please- I'm sorry! I didn't mean to- I mean- it was an accident! I lost it and I- I'm just trying to help." He trailed off.
Ashley laughed, a short, choked sound. "Trying to help? You're a god damned basket case, Biersack. I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish, but all you're doing is screwing everything up." He spat, cold.
-
Kat smirked to herself. She hardly had to do anything at all to drive them apart. She gave an inch and her darling baby brother took a mile.. As he always did. But having the balls to kiss Ashley like that.. That was more bold than she'd come to expect from him.
She feigned sleep again, listening. Ashley was so faithful.. So naive and trusting. It was kind of adorable. She stretched out and listened. "You're sick! You're fucking insane! I can't even believe that you have the audacity to kiss me like that!" Ashley snarled.
She grinned to herself. Perfect. Somehow, Andy's love never wavered despite how closed off the object of his affection really was. "Soon.." She breathed.
Ashley slammed the door after Andy, unleashing a string of expletives and throwing a picture frame at the wall, one of them at Soundwave or something of the sort together. The glass shattered and the wood splintered. She took that as a cue to 'awaken'.
"Ash?" She yawned and walked over, gently massaging his shoulders. "You okay?"
The tension flowed away. "Yeah.. Fine.." He groaned, rubbing his face.
She kissed his neck. "Sure there's nothing I can do?" She insinuated.
He flashed her his famous grin. "Maybe there is.."
She slid her hands over his chest, feeling his breath shudder. "How about.. You, my love, go get in bed while I find something more.. Alluring." She grinned. He smiled and went upstairs. He stripped and laid down, watching as she strutted from the walk in closet.
-
Ashley trailed his fingertips over her bare skin. Her leg was tossed over his hip, long hair coiled over his chest and arm. "You never fail to impress." She grinned, fingertips continually sweeping over his chest.
Ashley held her hand, kissing her knuckles. "I try, my beauty.."
They laid together in content silence for a few moments. "You don't think I was too rough on Andy?" He started. "I feel bad.."
Kat sat up a little. "I don't think so.."
Ashley narrowed his eyes a little. She had been sleeping.. How did she know? "I gotta go find him. I'll be back soon, baby." He kissed her forehead and dressed, going out to find his best friend.
He couldn't believe the things he'd said.. He could only hope Andy would forgive him..