Every Day Feels Like a War

Lies Disguised As Alibis

"I'm gonna be okay, right?" Ashley asked, voice cracking and breaking. Andy was an angel.. His girlfriend was Satan, set on sucking out his soul and using his body like a puppet.
He looked at the ground and then up at Andy.
Andy swallowed thickly and nodded. "I promise."
He took off, Ashley watching in a mix of awe and shock. For a long time, he sat there and thought.
Andy was an angel. Not just any angel, but the holy spirit. He looked at the sky, watching the clouds move. He gave a slow, shaky exhale. Somehow, among his inner turmoil, all of this made sense. It explained to him how he'd never fallen in love so easily, but his heart was in the palm of her hand in just days. He blew his fringe from his eyes, biting his lip. Andy would keep him safe.. he could only hope. He climbed down and walked back home.
"Act natural. Okay.. natural." He said quietly, opening the door.
Kat was sitting on the couch, legs tucked under her and hands idly running over the leather. "How'd it go, babe?" She asked, green eyes compassionate and gentle.
"I.. he wouldn't talk to me." Ashley lied. "He just wouldn't listen."
Kat cocked her head. "I'm sorry, love." She cooed, pulling him over. "He's just hot headed. You should've just given him time to cool down."
Ashley bit his lip. "Yeah.." he sat down beside her. She looked at him. His heart still raced and fluttered, observing her pajamas and messy hair, little wisps that framed her face. She was stunning.. He slowly kissed her temple. She turned a bit, catching his lips. She tasted cold and sweet, like icy water after chewing gum. He pulled back a bit, gazing into her electric green eyes. Why did she target him? Why did she make him fall in love with her? Even now, knowing she was Satan, nothing changed. He couldn't see her as malicious or evil. She was still the sweet girl he fell in love with. He just couldn't stop loving her. He couldn't stop his heart from skipping a beat when their lips touched, nor the rush of his blood and tingle of his skin when her fingers touched his. He couldn't stop himself from shivering when she spoke his name. He was in love with her and that was just a fact he couldn't help.
"Tell me what you're thinking.." she requested, pink lips forming a gentle pout. "Please, Ashley. Don't keep secrets."
He laid in her lap, eyes on her. His heart was racing, fear pulsing through him. She played with his hair gently, twining the long strands through her fingers. Every now and then, her nails would encounter a small tangle or gently scrape his scalp. Normal. Natural. Everything's okay.
They stayed like that for a long moment, silent except for the faint slide of his hair through her fingertips, the rasp of her nails across his scalp, their soft breaths. Ashley didn't dare speak. The situation felt like a ticking time bomb. He'd never believed in religion but this changed his whole view on the world. If this was real, what else was? Santa? The Easter bunny? If he said the wrong thing, if he breathed a word of what Andy had shown, Kat would kill him. He was lying with his head in Satan's lap, getting petted. That was actually kind of cool. Instilled a sense of mortal terror in his gut, but cool. He was playing with fire, he knew. He was caught in the middle of a holy war. His best friend was the holy spirit, his girlfriend was Satan hell bent on sucking out his soul and using his body. How was he expected to act natural when that thought kept bouncing around in his head?! He was losing it. He had to be. He suddenly flinched and sucked in a sharp breath, shivering. Kat had scratched him a little harder, nails raking over his scalp again.
"B-babe, that hurt.." he said softly.
"Sorry.. it was an accident." She hummed, continuing to play with his hair. He looked up at her. Her expression was smooth, flat. "So.. tell me about Andy. How was it?"
Ashley visibly- and he cursed himself for it- stiffened. "It was.. it went okay. We.. we talked." He lied. He caught just a second too late, that he'd told a different lie than the first.
Kat raised an eyebrow. "Really." She nodded slowly. She wrapped a hand in his hair, gathering it in one delicate fist and pulled, hard.
Ashley whimpered. "B- baby.. please. That hurts.."
She leaned closer. "Why don't you tell me what really happened?" She asked, one long nailed hand cupping his jaw. She squeezed a bit, nails creating raised half moons on his cheekbone, behind his ear. "Lying is a sin, don't you know that?" She smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry jeez im a terrible person I totally forgot about this oops