Every Day Feels Like a War

Sweet Sacrifice


"Would you just shut up and listen to yourself?!" Ashley screeched. "Who the hell are you anymore, Andrew? What happened to Andy Biersack, who didn't take any shit from anybody? Who would tell everyone to fight for what they believed in- to never back down. Where's that Andy now, huh?" Ashley calmed down, chest rising and falling as he caught his breath from the outburst. "I'm not going to let you die for me, Andy. I trust that you'll save me..." He trembled, eyes burning with threatening tears. Andy shook his head and pulled him into a hug. "What if I don't?"
"Then you'll beat her next time." Ashley said after a hesitant silence. He could tell he didn't like the idea of dying, either.
Andy looked over Ashleys shoulder and out at the city skyline, listening. He suddenly got an idea and pulled out of the hug.
"I'm gonna do it." He said.
Ashley stared at him in bewilderment, as if he were crazy. Well, maybe he was.
"Andy, no-"
"Sh, just listen." He laughed quietly. "I'm going to tell her that I'm going to give myself to her to save you, and since she's so hell-bent on winning, she'll believe me. Once she finally thinks I've given up, she'll let her guard down and I'll have my chance to strike. Understand? I'm gonna be okay, Ash, and so are you. I promise."
Ashley searched his eyes for reassurance, and must have found it, because he smiled faintly and nodded. He hugged Andy again. Andy blushed faintly and awkwardly moved away.
"I need to get you back. Kat could wake up any minute."

Andy dropped him off at home again and he slipped inside. Kat was still asleep on the couch so he took the opportunity to go upstairs, slip into the shower. Would the plan work? He could only hope.
He ran a hand through his wet hair, trying to relax. He couldn't shut his mind off. He couldn't stop thinking that Andy was about to sacrifice himself to Kat, to save him. Andy was brave. Stupid, but brave. He sat on the floor of the shower until it ran cold. At any moment, he would say the wrong thing, act off, and she would know.
He closed his eyes for a long minute. Maybe he could just surrender now before Andy had the chance to enact his plan. It sounded like a good plan, but Ashley was beginning to see a pretty major hole- Kat never let her guard down. Never. She would win, Andy would die- He wouldn't let Andy do something this stupid. Andy was the Holy Spirit- he couldn't leave the world at Satan's mercy. He just couldn't. Especially for someone as insignificant as himself. Ashley was human- he wasn't worth the sacrifice.
He finally emerged from the shower, too wrapped up in thought to have actually washed. The same thoughts constantly bounced around in his head. Andy was going to lose. The stakes were too high. There was too much chance to take, too much hanging in the balance.
He dried his hair, brushing it carefully. He then got dressed, pulling clothes on with shaky fingers. Buttons were clasped, zips done up. He looked in the mirror. Andy would hate him for this..
He heard a voice behind him despite there being no reflection in the mirror. "You silly humans and your stupid heroism.." Green eyes cut through the darkness behind him, glowing evilly. "Its funny. You think your sacrifice will matter."
Ashley flinched. "Kat." He said quietly.
"Ashley. Sweet little brave Ashley." She appeared behind him, pulling him against her chest, long nails gently digging into his skin at his chest and stomach. Her breath was cold against his neck. He shivered and tried to pull away. He was held close against her body with unrelenting strength. She twisted a hand in his hair and pulled hard, making him cry out.
"I- I'm sorry.." he whimpered.
"Oh, no, sweetheart, don't be sorry. You're helping me win." She smirked. "Such a perfect little pawn."
The scene before him- that of her sneering face in the mirror and his own twisted expression of pain- disappeared and they were standing in a dark room. "I can't wait for my baby brother to try to save you.." she grinned, making it so he couldn't move as she went to get Andy.
Ashley trembled, tears brimming in his eyes. Andy appeared in the room and ran to him. "Ashley- oh God. Are you okay?"
Ashley nodded weakly. "D- don't worry. I'm okay." He whispered.
Andy turned to stare at Kat. "We had a deal." He said coldly.
"I've upheld my end. You owe me, little brother. Your soul for his and he'll go free, knowing what his little act of heroism cost him." She smirked.
Andy turned to look at him questioningly.
Ashley whimpered and tried to look away. Kat grabbed his face and forced him to look at Andy. "Is he worth it to you?" She cackled. "You've gone soft on me. You're gonna give up for a little pathetic human?" She squeezed his face in her hand, cutting into his skin with her nails. "Pathetic. Because you're in love with him, isn't that right?" She threw Ashley to the floor suddenly. He cowered away from her.
He looked at Andy, eyes wide and scared.
"I am. He means everything to me." Andy said softly. "I love him. I'd give up anything for him. That's what love is. But you wouldn't know what love is like. All you do is steal from me." Andy rolled his tongue against his cheek, faking cocky arrogance. Ashley felt oddly comforted. He watched, still scared for Andy. "Kat, come on. We had a deal. Don't traumatize him now." Andy moved closer. "He's defenseless. He's mortal. It's unnecessary to be so cruel to him, don't you think?"
Kat scoffed indignantly. "What's stopping me from killing you both?"
"Are you going to go back on your word?" Andy challenged.
"You know I'd never do that. You have my word. I promised to spare the human in exchange for you." She said dismissively. "However. He's a bit of insurance. If you try anything funny, I'll kill him as you watch."
Ashley let out a soft whimper that was ignored. He knew this wasn't going to work...
Kat offered her hand. "Do we have a deal, little brother?"
Andy looked between her and Ashley, biting his lip. "Deal." He shook her hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for taking so long .-.