Every Day Feels Like a War

The Darks Not Taking Prisoners Tonight

"Deal." Andy shook Kat's hand. His voice was weak and quivering, but he tried not to make it noticeable. He tried so hard to sound confident... Obviously Kat saw his anxiousness and tightened her grip on his hand. She yanked him towards her at full force.
"Do you see where we are, Andrew?" She sneered in his ear. The voice sent chills down his spine, the hairs on the back of his neck standing on end. Andy hesitantly opened his eyes and almost collapsed in shock.
"N-No... Kat-"
"Oh but we are, baby brother." She smirked and shoved him back. Andy stumbled, catching himself on a stone pillar. "Welcome to my kingdom. While you and father stayed up above running your perfect little system, I created an army and a domain of my own." Kat gestured around her.
Andy looked around in horror, and then suddenly shooting his gaze to Ashley.
"A-Andy..?" He whimpered. "Where are we?"
Andy pursed his lips, watching the way Ashley tried fighting back tears.
"We're in Hell, aren't we." His voice cracked. "Andy, say something!"
"Silence, you pathetic fool!" Kat hissed, silencing Ashley to quiet whimpers.
Andy kept his eyes on him, heart shattering as he watched Ashley curl up on the floor. He wanted to hold him, to dry his tears... To protect him... Andy curled his fists, two separate swords appearing in either hand.
"Let. Him. Go!" Andy ran at Kat while her back was turned, jumping and slicing both blades through her in an X. He stared as both phased right through her. "How-"
"You can't kill me in Hell." She chuckled darkly and turned to face him. "Now.. What do you say we get this over with. I have a mortal world to destroy..." Kat mused and circled him.
Andy clenched his swords in his hands. His chest rose and fell as he caught his breath from the previous outburst, eyes following her movement.
"What do you think, Andrew?" She shoved him into a thick stone pillar. He struggle immediately against her as one of her demons began to bind his wrists so he couldn't move away. "You came into the world without your wings... It seems only fitting you leave without them."
Andys blood went cold. Without his wings? She was going to remove his wings! Even for angels and demons, there was no power in the world that could make it a painless procedure. Wings were part of an Angels spirit and being, you couldn't just snap your fingers and make them disappear!
"No- No, Kat, don't-"
"Oh, the big, bad Holy Spirit is begging for mercy, now, is that it?" She cooed, trailing the edge of her dagger along his cheek and leaving a trail of beads of crimson blood. "I don't recall ever getting any mercy when I begged to be let back home, do you?"
Andy didn't say anything, trying to block out the memories as best he could.
"Of course not." She snarled. "You left me to suffer! You watched him lock me out forever! I trusted you!"
"You used me!" He spat at her.
"Liar!"
Kat drove the dagger into the stone, eyes a fiery red. She kept eye contact with Andy, pulling it out of the crevice with ease.
Andy squeezed his eyes shut and held his breath, preparing himself. "You wouldn't. Father would kill you."
"That old man? He can't even protect you!" She snorted, her voice coming from behind him somewhere. Andy opened his mouth to retaliate but he was cut off by Ashleys scream.
"No!" He heard Ashley screech at the top of his lungs, but just as he was about to answer, he felt a sharp pain. The restraints on his wrists disappeared and his body collapsed instantly.
Andy let out the loudest, most painful wail, lungs feeling as though they were on fire. He caught a glimpse of the two feathered limbs beside him and screamed helplessly, feeling blood soak his back.
"Not so brave now, are you." Kat kicked him lightly with her boot. Andy hissed, moving away.
"Le-Let him go." Andy begged, hiccuping out between sobs against the cold tile. "Don't make him watch, ple- ease..."
"Hm... That's very thoughtful of you. Perhaps I'll consider it." She mused and Andy could hear her boots click as she moved to Ashley. "No." She picked him up and sat him upright.
Ashley thrashed, trying to evade her at all costs.
"Oh, sh.. Sh, baby... I'm giving you a front seat to the show." She gave him a psychotic grin and kissed his lips. Ashley spit on her as soon as she pulled back, glaring at her with his bloodshot eyes.
"Don't call me that, you bitch."
"Tsk, tsk." Kat stood and wiped the saliva from her face. "You shouldn't have done that..." She curled her long fingers around his neck, ready to tighten her grasp when something whizzed by her head. She whirled around and grinned in amusement.
Andy sat on his knees, his entire inventory of weapons beside him. He threw one after another weakly, but he was feeling increasingly dizzy from blood loss.
Kat walked towards him, catching everything he threw. She watched as her helpless kid brother tried hopelessly to fight back, nearly falling over as he threw a shield at her.
"You are so pathetic..." She shook her head and summoned her death scythe.
"Lucifer!" Kat's head snapped up. She grit her teeth in annoyance.
"Don't try anything funny, got that?" She hissed and left the room, locking the large doors behind her. As soon as she was gone, Ashley scampered over to where Andy laid.
His skin was deathly pale, and it scared Ashley. His once gorgeous blue eyes no longer had that lively sparkle in them, instead they were a dull, stone grey. Ashley took his shirt off and balled it up, trying to stop as much bleeding as he could from where the wings once were.
"This is all my fault... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry." He whimpered, picking up his best friends limp body. "Don't go, please.."
Andy slowly looked at him, swallowing thickly. "Ashley...?" He rasped, reaching a hand out to cup his cheek.
"Y-Yeah, Ands?" Ashley put his hand over Andy's. Andy's dry and cracked lips pulled into a weak smile.
He brushed his thumb under Ashleys eye. "I love you. I'm sorry I failed."
"No! No, you didn't- you're still alive, you can win!" Ashley cried, trying to convince himself more than anything. "You have to!"
"Sh... You'll forget I even existed. Don't be scared..."
"I d-don't want to forget you... You're my best f-friend..." Ashley sobbed brokenly into Andys chest, ignoring the sound of doors opening and closing. "Andy... Please..."
Andy didn't respond, his eyes sliding closed. He wasn't dead- no, he was too weak to keep himself aware of what was happening. He needed to... Just rest for a bit.
"No- no, no, no- Andy!" Ashley shrieked. He was ripped off by Kat, being tossed to the floor.
"Aw... I was hoping I could kill him." She drawled, observing her seemingly dead little brother. "Ah, well. I suppose I can always kill you, Ashley. My sweet, sweet Ashley."
"What?! No! You got what you wanted! You guys had a d-"
"But he's dead. He can't stop me now." She grinned wickedly and approached him.
Ashley closed his eyes, awaiting the sharp sting of a blade but- it never came.
"Who are you?" He heard Kat's voice fill with confusion. Ashley looked and saw a small girl stand by Andy, looking at him with big eyes. They were a pure blue... Glowing and radiating with life just as Andy's used to...
"Is he sleeping?" She cocked her head and knelt down, poking him. "Mr. Andy! Wake up!" The girl giggled.
"Who are you?!" Kat boomed, but was taken by surprise when the girl didn't react.
"I'm Cassie!" She looked up with a big, goofy smile. "Why is Mr. Andy sleeping? Is he sleepy?"
Ashley inhaled sharply. How would she react when she knew...?
"He's dead, now get out of here before you-"
"No he's not."
Ashley and Kat both stared in shock. He wasn't dead?! Kat's expression hardened.
"You're one of those apprentice angel brats." She observed and moved towards her. "I could squash you like a bug..."
Cassie giggled and poked her. "You should smile, miss." She pushed her cheeks up. Ashley couldn't help but smile sadly. The poor girl was so innocent... Did she even realize where she was?
"How did you get here." Kat demanded.
"I dunno, there was a weird light outside and I followed it and now I'm here!" She beamed. "I can make light like that too! Wanna see?!"
"What?! No!" Kat glared. It wasn't a light like the sun or a light bulb, it was an Angels light. Angels light was deadly to demons. She stared in anger and agitation as Cassie proceeded to twirl around. "Stop that!"
Cassie ignored her, singing a song as she twirled and lit up the room. Ashley smiled, watching in awe as Andys skin began to regain is rich ivory color. By the time the room was fully lit, Andy had opened his now blue eyes. Those gorgeous blue eyes were back...
"Andy!" Ashley ran to him and hugged him tight.
"Ashley?! Where's Kat?" He panicked.
"She's- gone..." They both looked around in confusion. She had disappeared without a single trace. "Cassie, what happened?"
Cassie shrugged. "She went poof." She giggled and skipped over. "Hi, Mr. Andy!"
Andy smiled weakly and sat up, a bit painfully since his wings were gone. "Cassie..." He breathed, standing up with help from Ashley. "Cmon. Let's get out of here..." He said, picking up Cassie and leading them out.