Every Day Feels Like a War

I Will Walk Through Hell

Andy woke with a pounding headache in the morning, sitting up and groaning. He held his head in his hands and massaged his temples. This wasn't too unusual for him to wake up with a small headache- he wasn't exactly the greatest on hydrating seeing as he lived off of his Marlboro's and Seagrams 7 whiskey. He had never had a migraine this bad... He felt like he was going to hurl if he so much as breathed. Carefully, Andy rose from the strewn bed sheets, untangling them from his legs, and stumbled to his suitcase. He took the Excedrin with a glass of horribly warm hotel water from the bathroom and leaned against the marble counter. This only increased his suspicion of the return of his brother- or sister. It changed frequently. Why? Well- that was complicated.
His... Sibling was what people know as the the Devil; the ruler of Hell and everything beyond. Andy simply called him his brother to make things simpler. Years ago, when Andy was younger, maybe 13, his brother found that he had the power to possess any living soul and manipulate any mortal. He became drunk with his gift... Andy, on the other hand, had the responsibility of cleaning up after his messes. One day he confronted their father of not having enough. He said that he wanted more power. More control. He wanted the throne. At first, their father tried to reason with him; told him that he had to prove he deserved any of the things he demanded. But Andy's brother refused to listen... He was banished after attempting to take over Andy to get what he wanted.
Andy would never forget the day his brother vowed to become more powerful and destroy them... He vowed to destroy everything they loved.
Andy didn't remember his name anymore. It changed so much that he just couldn't keep track. It changed, actually, every twenty years. His brother learned that acquiring a child's soul was too weak, and taking an elderly soul was too risky. His solution was to take the soul of someone of middle-age and use the body until it grew weak and frail. That's what he did to Scout...
Before Scout it had been one of his friends, William. Every time it had been someone close to him... Every single time.
He closed his eyes. He needed to clear his head. Once the throbbing had gone down, Andy opened the window and flew up to the roof, making himself invisible to the civilians. Andy perched on the edge, winds spread to their full length after having been cramped close together for so long. He looked up at the sky. Clouds... He pulled his lightening blade from the thin air and raised it up to the sky, bringing the thunder and rain as well as the flashes of light. That was also part of his job description; he was supposed to assist in the weather and such. He brought the wind, the rain, the snow and the heat waves that plagued the earth. All the destructive storms were his brothers doing. He let the rain pour over him, cooling him off. Andy closed his eyes again and breathed deeply, focusing to get a read on the city surrounding him. He needed to sense the auras around him to know exactly where his brother was hiding.
"Where are you hiding..." He muttered, opening his eyes and scanning the swarm of people below. He stood after a few more minutes of meditating and folded his wings in, swinging into his hotel room again.
"Oh, hey Andy." Jake blinked, standing in the doorway with his iPhone filming a new vlog. "I was just about to go down to breakfast and thought you'd be awake by now."
"Uh, yeah. How did you-"
"Extra key from the front desk. Thought we'd need some just in case of emergency." Jake smiled, holding the key card up. Andy nodded and got his hoodie on, pulling a beanie over his damp hair.
"Which number is this?" Andy asked. Jake responded with a confused expression. "Vlog, Jake. Which vlog is this now?" He clarified with a laugh.
"Oh! Of course! Um..." He looked at his phone and thought. "Number 15, I think. I don't know, I keep forgetting. You know how tour is, man. Everything blurs together.."
Andy laughed quietly. "Yeah, tell me about it..." Especially when you've lived approximately since the beginning of time... Andy sighed. That's what he hated about his job. He lived the usual mortal lifespan, and when that form died, he regenerated into a new form. Always a male, since that was what he was most comfortable as and thankfully, his father understood. His brother, on the other hand... He enjoyed keeping people guessing. That made it that much harder to tell where he was...
"Andy?" Jake stopped at the elevator and frowned. Andy looked up from the orange and maroon patterned carpet. "You zoned... Damn, did you sleep last night? You look like a mess."
Andy rolled his eyes and released the Lobby button, watching it light up. "Yes, I did, mom." he teased. Jake only grumbled and began to vlog again, discussing the tour and his work out status. Andy rolled his eyes and laughed under his breath. Jake was such a character...
They arrive on the Lobby floor and were immediately bit by the smell of the waffles, eggs and sausage from the hotels breakfast buffet. Andy followed Jake, raising an eyebrow as he read the nutrition facts on the label of a thing of cream cheese and put it back, settling for some yogurt, granola, and a glass of apple juice.
He rolled his eyes and got a waffle and a coffee, sitting down with Jinxx, CC and Jake in the corner.
"Anyone seen Ash?" Andy frowned, nothing the older mans absence. CC grinned deviously, hiding it in his glass of juice. "CC... Where is he now." He sighed.
"He met someone." He snickered. "She's a cute one, too. They should be meeting is here, if I'm not mistaken."
"You sure they'll like me?" Andys head shot up at the sound of a soft, shaking voice belonging to a girl standing beside Ashley. She was wearing his Slayer tee shirt and black leggings, long black hair pulled into a messy ponytail.
"Positive." He saw Ashley smile and kiss her cheek before leading the nervous girl over. He eyes her, getting a bad feeling instantly.
"Hey! Theres the little devil now!" Jinxx laughed. Andy grimaced. nice word choice, garbage can man...
"Guys... This is Kat." Ashley introduced the girl, who was about an inch shorter than Ashley, to them. He pulled a chair out for her. Kat smiled gratefully and sat down gracefully, crossing her legs. Ashley sat beside her.
"Hello." She giggled shyly and waved, scanning over them. Andys eyes met her deep sea green eyes, an almost evil spark in the emerald green orbs. "Lovely to meet you." Her pink glossed lips tugged into an innocent, her wicked smirk.
Andy stared, mouth agape and his crystal eyes watching every move she made. There was no way in Hell that was his Scout's body... His Scout was so sweet looking and so harmless... This looked like Scout if she had a couple plastic surgery's and implants. No way...
"Told you she was cute." CC elbowed him with a wink. Andy jolted back into reality, looking at Ashley.
"Eyes off, pal." Ashley put an arm around Sc- Kat and pulled her to his chest. "This is my little Angel."
"Aw... Aren't you just the cutest." Kat cooed, kissing his nose. Ashley grinned and gave her a loving squeeze as she giggled again, opening her eyes to look at Andy, smile taunting him to do something.
Andy stared at Kat again, remembering what he was told the night Scout was taken.
We're going to fix her up a bit...
Andys eyes widened in horror. "I need some air." He stood abruptly, walking quickly out the front door to smoke a cigarette or two. He could feel Kat's eyes watch him, he could feel the wickedness as the sensation of fear and anger tingled down his spine. There was no way he was giving Ashley to her.
He would rather go to Hell.