Every Day Feels Like a War

We All Fall For The Bad Ones

"Don't stay out too late!" Ashley called to Andy as he and Kat climbed the stairs. He heard Andy leave the bus as they climbed into bed together. Ashley laid in bed with Kat, hands laced. "I can't believe you're here with me.." He whispered. "I missed you."
She smiled, caressing his cheek. "Ssh. You don't have to miss me anymore. I'm right here now. We're gonna go home and be together until next tour." She promised. "Months and months from now."
Ashley smiled a bit. "You're the most precious thing." He teased.
Kat smiled. They talked and talked until they fell asleep, intertwined in a way that- Ashley felt so, anyways- ran deeper than just their bodies. They awoke much the same way, the morning sun peeking through the near window. Ashley yawned and sat up carefully. They'd driven back home some time during the night.. Ashley sighed. He kissed Kat gently as she woke as well. "Good morning.." She whispered quietly. Her voice was raspy, hair messy. She was beautiful, even with yesterday's eyeliner smudged under her eyes. Ashley knew he was snared then. He'd devoted his whole being to this woman.
"Good morning, beautiful." He murmured against her neck. They continued to talk quietly as the bus began to wake around them.
She waited as the band and crew did a walk through to make sure everyone was packed up and everything was gone that wasn't going to be taken. Ashley collected his luggage and got in his car that had been parked at the bus rental place for the last few months. Kat sat beside him. "Hey, Ashes.. I've been thinking.. Maybe you and Andy should hang out more. Have some guy time, y'know.." She suggested. "Male bonding or whatever."
Ashley looked at her. "Really? I don't know- we've been seeing a lot of each other recently. I'd rather hang out with you." He kissed the back of her hand tenderly, catching Andy's gaze in the rearview mirror. His expression was unreadable yet cold and distant.
"The saying is bros before hoes, baby. I don't mind." She laughed as they began to weave through heavy LA traffic.
Ashley laughed quietly, flipping his turn signal. "First, you're not a hoe. Second, I'll call and see in a few days."
Kat sighed to herself and turned to him. "Ash? I think.. There's something up with Andy..." She proceeded to inform him of her suspicions about Andy- specifically that Andy had a 'thing' for him. "I'm really sorry if that makes it awkward, but you're off the market. I can't have him checking my man out." She laughed lightly.
Ashley laughed in return. "Don't worry about him."
Ashley stayed true to his word about hanging out though. He set up a day with Andy for that Wednesday to hang out and talk. Ashley leaned against the wall as he waited for Andy outside the diner they'd decided to have lunch at. He smiled when he saw Andy approach. Andy smiled back, cheeks reddening just a bit. "Hey, Ash.."
Ashley went into the restaurant with him and got a table. They made small talk for a few minutes until someone came to take their orders.
They ordered drinks, Dr. Pepper for Andy and iced tea for Ashley. "The waiter's cute." He offered.
Andy looked at him. His expression was hurt and confused. "I- I guess..." He said softly. "Didn't notice." Andy had been too focused on Ashley to really notice a supposedly cute waiter. As usual.. He thought.
Ashley sweetened his tea and stirred it in glum silence. He didn't want Andy to hurt..
He just wanted Andy to find happiness.
Andy continued looking at him. "Ash.." He started.
Ashley looked back from where he was texting Kat. "Hm?"
"Nevermind." He said softly. "It's not important."
"What about that guy? He's pretty cute.." Ashley suggested of a man a few tables away.
Andy blinked. "I'm just gonna- I'll see you around, Ash." He sighed, standing up. "You- you're just trying to get rid of me so you can go live your little fantasy." He said flatly. "I can't believe you." He shook his head. He looked at Ashley and left.
Ashley sighed and paid the tab on their drinks. He'd have hell to pay for all this.