Every Day Feels Like a War

Lost In The Clouds

Andy walked home with his hands shoved in his pockets, hurt and furious at the same time. Ashley was trying to get him a boyfriend. That made him fucking pissed. It was bad enough that Ashley was dating the ruler of Hell, but now he was trying to get him out of the way.
Andy slammed his door shut and locked it, closing the curtains and blinds. He wanted to be alone for a while... Kat wouldn't do anything bad to Ashley when he wasn't around... Right? He screamed in frustration suddenly, punching the wall followed by a burst of cold wind that spread and froze the wall surrounding his fist. The rest of the room shook as if there were an earthquake shaking the entire state of California. The record vinyls cracked, as did some framed pictures out of Kerrang! or Rocksound magazine. He hit the wall again, the ice creeping up and frosting the window. He hung his head and dropped his hand to his side, weakly falling back onto his bed. His chest rose and fell steadily as he caught his breath after his little outburst. Tears pricked his eyes as he stared at the ceiling. Ashley... He grabbed a pillow and pulled it over his face to muffle his soft whimpers. Fuck... How was he supposed to protect an entire world of billions of people when he couldn't even keep himself stable? He needed to talk to Ashley about this or he was going to explode... But how? He was with Kat, no doubt.
Kat. Andy's blood curdled at the thought of her. He despised her.
But Ashley... He loved Ashley, and Ashley loved Kat. This wasn't a good situation, to say the least.
Andy stayed at home for two weeks straight, only leaving to go grocery shopping or get some Starbucks, but never long enough to socialize. He wanted to be alone... Andy rolled out of bed and wrinkled his nose. His hair was greasy and snarled, despite it being fairly shorter than it was a few years ago. He hadn't shaved either. His stubble had become extremely noticable, as had the bags under his eyes from lack of sleep. He sighed and wrinkled his nose. "I'm such a mess..." Andy shook his head and went to shower and clean up.
He stepped out, wrapping a towel around his hips and shaved. He pulled on some clean boxer briefs, grey, shredded skinnies, a black v-neck tee shirt that read REBELS in big white letters and a beanie to top it off. There. He looked... decent? Not a wreck, that was his main goal. After carefully applying some thin eyeliner, Andy grabbed his phone and went out for... well, a flight. Normal people went on walks, angels went on flights. He walked for a bit down the sidewalk of the suburban neighborhood and took a turn around the corner, turning invisible and leaping into the air. He closed his eyes and spread his wings, letting the large feathered limbs catch him on a gust of wind. This was the life... He did some ridiculous aerial flips and tricks, even though no one could see. Andy looked down as he glided for a while after a 360 degree twirl midair and caught the gaze of a little girl walking to the store with her mom. She let go of her moms hand and pointed, giggling with a large smile on her face. Andy smiled and waved.
"What are you doing? I told you to stay with me!" Her mom came rushing back and grabbing her hand again.
"Its an angel, mommy!" She pointed. Andy laughed. Okay, so not invisible to everyone. Only those with the purest of hearts could see him... She was obviously a little angel herself, just without the wings and all that. Andy smiled bigger and lowered himself into a crowd of people, folding in his wings and becoming visible again. He created a small necklace in his hand with a small charm on the end representing two angel wings.
"Excuse me, ma'am?" He jogged up to them. "I believe you dropped this." He knelt down to the girl and put it around her neck. "An angel needs their wings, right?" The girl gaped at him, eyes alite with joy and fascination. He winked and put a finger to his lips. This is our little secret, got it, Cassie? he thought to her, watching her little brown eyes widen.
"He knows my name! Mommy! Mommy, he knows my name!" She tugged her moms skirt.
"I'm sorry if I'm causing any trouble, miss." he apologized to the mother and handed her a small box. "Here. Take this. Think of it as a... random act of kindness." He smiled warmly and continued down the sidewalk. He listened carefully as the woman opened the box. He could feel her smile... He gave her a charm bracelet that held ten charms, each one symbolizing things that were personally important to her.
"Oh my..." She gasped and held it up. "Excuse me! Who- Who are you? Did David put you up to this?! Because- if he did, I told him we were-"
Andy stopped and turned, smiling. "I'm sorry, ma'am. But I don't know a David.." Okay that was a lie. He knew everyone, but that wasn't something she had to know. "But... I think that may be him..." He nodded to a man running to them, desperate. "Good luck, you two. Bye." He smiled at all three of them and walked away.
Now for the moment he had been planning out in his head for the past fourteen days... He took in a deep breath and walked into Ashley's place. "Ash, can we-" he stopped, looking at the rest of his bandmates huddled in the living room. "What's going on...?" He slowly walked in.
"oh! Oh, uh, Andy! Wow we were not expecting you to be here..." CC laughed awkwardly.
"Guys." Andy frowned, sitting down. "What are you doing?"
"Andy..." Jinxx sighed. "Ashley told us what happened at the diner, and we've been-"
"Not you too!" Andy groaned. "I'll date when I want to, okay?"
"We've been discussing getting you to see someone." Jinxx finished. Andy stared at him.
"You don't mean- oh for fucks sake! You guys are getting me a psychologist?!" he stood up, furious.
"Listen, kid-" Ashley spoke up. "You obviously are having issues with.. expressing emotions properly. You have a crush on me, okay. But the way you've been acting isn't healthy. Now.. I'm gonna go check on dinner, okay?" They were silent as Ashley left.
"We were going to take turns going to check on you last week but- we all chickened out because you were screaming.." Jake grimaced. "We think it's best for you and the band..."
"Jake?!" He snapped.
"I-... I'm sorry- I just- Andy, don't be upset.." Jake shrunk back. Andy looked at them all, brokenly furious. That was an understatement... His band mates were conspiring to get him fucking therapy.
"Fine. I'm fine." He put his hands up, pursing his lips. "You guys- You guys have fun eating and talking about me. I just need to talk to Ashley and I'll leave." Andy stormed through the room and into the kitchen, freezing at the sight before his eyes. Ashley had Kat pinned to the counter with his hips, arms snaked around her tiny waist as their lips moved sloppily together. A soft groan escaped from Ashleys lips, causing Andy to snap back to reality and step back, knocking over a broom propped against the wall. Ashley jumped back, face pale.
"Shit, Andy- Kid, I'm sorry, can't we ta-" Ashley attempted to get his arm to pull him back. Andy shook his head and bolted from the house in tears, spreading his wings, turning invisible and hiding on the roof of a house. He watched Ashley run out, looking around with Kat in tow behind him.
"Babe... I think he's gone." Kat said gently, gaze flickering up to meet his. Andy looked away and flew away to the sounds of Ashley's voice calling his name and Kat's gentle coaxes to give up.
They were all against him...