One in a Million

Chapter 1

Chapter 1 – Ushuaia Ibiza Club & Hotel – 22:36PM

Brooke’s outfit

Ushuaia Club wasn’t too far from our little bungalow, at only 15 minutes of walk. So we took our time to have a nice walk on the beach. Ibiza was so amazing, it was like in my dreams and I was so happy to be there. I felt so much happy today. Of course it was my birthday, and I had my two amazingly best friends sharing that special moment with me, but I don’t know, I felt something else would happen, and I hope it would be something good. Or maybe all this positive vibes came from the excitement that was running in my blood and whole body, the excitement that I was going to be at the best party of the year. Just to think about it made my heart race like an F1 car. As I heard Dj Axwell and DJ Seb Ingrosso were mixing, and it was going to be like hell. Axwell was so fantastic, I always love to listen to his music and also with his group Swedish House Mafia, these boys were crazy. I was just too excited about this night, that I did not speak a word on our way to Ushuaia. I just listened to the sea waves and kept all my energy for tonight, I just didn’t want to be drained because of all my excitement. And OMG, Kaylee, Julia, they should have paid a lot for those tickets, because I knew it was so so expensive, gosh. At first I was shy, because yes of the price, honestly, I would never have enough of money to pay a ticket for such party, specially here in Ibiza, everything was so expensive. Kaylee must have paid for the tickets, because among all of us, she was the ”Rich Girl”, and was so used to these parties. She knew I always wanted to come here in Ibiza, to have the party of my life, even just for one day, and she made it happen, this girl was my sister, she had a golden heart.

We were in the waiting line, and it was just a very huge long one. The music was already been played so loudly, all that trance hits being mixed. You could feel that the ambiance was rising. Some people were already dancing in their groups while waiting for their turn to get it. Apparently, some teenagers have shown fake identity cards, and the bouncer denied the access. I felt sad for them, but people under 18 weren’t allowed to get inside. I looked impatiently to my watch showing 23:01 PM, and sighed of impatience. We were in the queue for almost twenty five minutes, and only moved like three metres from where we were standing, but I still had a little hope as we were approaching the bouncer and the entry.

“Excited?” Julia asked me.

“So excited that I don’t need a red bull,”I replied with a laugh as I looked behind to see how many people were in the queuing. I kept on looking behind me when something intrigued me, this boy, this blond boy who was busy with his phone. He was like ten metres from us, but I still could have a good view on him and honestly he wasn’t unfamiliar.

“What you looking at, you already spotted hot boys?” Kaylee said as she touched my shoulder.

“What, no, I was just looking at how many people were in the queue.” I said as I looked back again and spotted that blond guy, trying to remember where I already saw him.

“No, liar, someone must have gain your attention, otherwise you wouldn’t have turned back twice and look behind you.” Kaylee added as she was busy with her phone.

“You’re so wrong doll.” I insisted with a grimace as we slowly walked to the entry, gosh finally we were so close, that the bouncer was smilimg at us. It was our turn to get in. I had the tickets in my hands and was ready to gave them to the security, when in a sudden, someone from behind walked in front of us to the entry. I looked at him and his friends who were accompanying him, with anger eyes. Me and my friends have been standing on our feet for more than thirty minutes, and even with VIP tickets, we didn’t had the right to enter that easily, we had to wait out turn. So how did people from behind could have access to the entry so quickly. Kayle, Julia and I looked at each other, all confused. I look at the boys who were still talking with the bouncer, one of them was that blonde guy, who looked behind him and our eyes and faces hit each other. He looked at me with a shy face and smiled as his eyes were still glued at me. I was so angry that I didn’t even answered at his gaze and kept on looking at him with angry eyes. As him and his friends got in, he turned his back and looked at me again like if he was enjoying the view making me angrier.

“OMG, Brooke, you saw how he looked at you.” Kaylee exclaimed.

“What, Marco Reus?” I said in an angry and annoyed voice.

"Yeaaaaahhh Marco Reus, damn, he was enjoying the view, lucky bitch." Kaylee answered anticipatly squeezing my shoulder. Why was she so excited about this, that Marco Reus smiled and looked at me with some flirtation. Yes he was Marco Reus, the famous German footballer for the National German Team and Borussia Dortmund club, one of the best football club in Europe. And what a talented footballer, such a bad luck for him that he didn’t made it to Brazil because of a stupid injury he had a day the departure. I saw him so many times hanging in Dortmund with his friends, and he came two or three times to buy some books. He might was avery couRteous and polite boy, but to my eyes, he was a normal guy, well maybe a normal guy having milions of euros in his accounts, but no, his celebrity status wasn’t intimating at all. I couldn’t understand why the girls were so crazy and fangirling on him like this, yes he was cute, and had amazing hair, but nothing to crave on in my opinion. Girls were considering him as a god, but it was not my case.

"There’s nothing to be that excited Kaylee, he just looked at me, he’s a boy and I’m a girl." I exclaimed trying to keep my calm, because I was still so fuming about what happened. Footballers or celebrities having too much facilities, fuck, no it wasn’t okay.

"Yes, but he is Marco Reus, the Marco Reus who has magic feet and perfect hair, Brooke, girls would kill to be seen by Reus, specially in the way he looked at you."

"And I don’t care, OMG Kaylee, please, can we talk about something else, maybe of what will happen inside."

"Reus and his friends they were at the end of the queue, and the bouncer just made a sign for them to come in, seriously, what is that." Julia exclaimed on a loud voice tone. Maybe she wanted the bouncer to know that some people were not accepting this VIP preference or all the facilities allowed for some celebrities.

"Celebrities first and normal people always second." I said giving the bouncer a weird angry glare as he was looking at me from head to toe.

"Okay girls, we’re here to have a crazy night, fun, dance, and it’s Brooke’s birthday, let’s not spoil it because of a footballer, maybe there are other celebrities inside, whatever, we are here for Brooke, to celebrate her, let’s go and make that night unforgeatable." Kaylee said, grabbing my arm and Julia’s also. It was our turn to get in. I gave the tickets to the bouncer, and he smiled at me. I must admit he was cute and had an amazing body, all muscled. "Enjoy your night ladies." He said with a wink. Another bouncer put a the Club stamp on our hands and used a blue laser on it, and I had no idea why this laser was used for, maybe to scan the number of guests, it was so weird. But whatever, as we crossed the entry, just the view I was having in front of my eyes, I was blown. All those light effects, the huge swimming pool, the dancers everywhere, it made me forget about all the anger I had previously. I felt goose flesh on my skin and stared at all this scene, all looked so perfect, it was better than I ever expected in my dreams.

"OMG it’s so perfect." I said to my girls.

"And it’s just the begining." Julia said as both pulled me and walked to one of the bar. I smiled like a crazy girl, all dreamy, and realised that this will be the night of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02:30 AM

The music was playing to its maximum. Everybody was dancing to the rythm of the music mixed by Axwell, what a DJ, he was so awesome tonight. I never felt so good and tranported into the music sound. Every parts of my body was reacting. Since we arrived, Kaylee, Julia and me just sat for about 10 minutes at one of the lounge that was displayed for the VIP. Hopefully we had VIP bracelets so we had our place reserved. There was also the “Ultra VIP” lounge, and according to to its name, only the High Class People had access to it.

All I was doing was dancing, dancing and felt I was floating in the air. Me and my girls were having maybe one of our best night, and we were enjoying every seconds of it. My feet were hurting so much from all the non stop dancing, but I wasn’t feeling the pain. No, excitement of having fun and all the shots vodka I drunk were making me forget and not paying attention of the tiredness. I knew I was drunk, maybe a little bit more than drunk, but I didn’t pay attention. Also Kaylee and Julia was drunk, having fun, sometimes dancing with some hot boys. On my side, I had some sexy boys, openly flirting with me, offered me shots, but I turned down all their proposals to leave the party and have more fun at their hotels. Today was my day, my birthday, and ending in a bed with a hot man was not making part of my plans, eventhough it was tempting. I kept on dancing, when Kaylee joined me, and we danced together and laughed. Julia then joined us and we formed our girly group, keeping on dancing and making some funny jokes, and a lot of selfies that we will post on our Instagram later. I wanted to snap every little details of that magic night of mine. As it was an important moment, I thought that a picture of my two best friends, only the two of them would be a beautiful souvenir, the two that made my day.

“Let me take a picture of you girls okay.” I said on a drunk voice and smile. Yes I was drunk but still kinda conscious of what I was doing. I grabbed my phone, and walked a few steps backwards to have a a nice angle, and waited for the girls to smile. As I pressed the camera button I walked again a few steps when I felt that someone or something hit hard my back, that it was hurting and almost made me lose my self balance. If that person hadn’t hold me, I would certainly have touch the ground. He was a man, and I couldn’t see his face as I was still looking to the ground, I was drunk and haven’t yet realized what happen.

“You okay?” I heard the man asking me. I sighed and looked at him, fixed him with my eyes without blinking as I grabbed his arm for support, my head was spinning so much. But yes, I might had a lot of shots vodkas, was drunk, but that face, I was recognizing him.

“You, again you?” I said in stupor and a surprised face. Yes it was him again, Marco Reus, doing his shit again. After his majestic entry in front of us, he was the cause of other problems again.

“You’re the girl that was at the entry right?” Marco asked me as he was still holding my arm and smiled at me, it was the same smile that he made me a few hours ago.

“At least you remember me.” I answered as I looked to his face. There were so many lasers of different colours playing to the rhythm of the music.

“Yes I remember you, and I’m sorry about what happened.”

“Sorry, you’re sorry, excuse me, but my friends and I have been waiting for more than half an hour in this queue, and you, the rich famous footballer, just arrived like that, and boom, all the doors open by magic.” I said not being afraid of my words.

“It’s not my fault, it’s my friends, they made the tickets booking and put us in the Gold VIP list, I’m sorry again.” Marco said with such an apologetic voice, he looked very sincere and kept on looking at me, gosh looked like he was in a sort of admiration or something like that. I giggled and looked to my left when Kaylee and Julia joined us.

“What’s going on here?” Julia asked as she was sipping her vodka and looked at me and Marco with some big eyes.

“I think that Brooke hit on someone.” Kaylee said with a wink and a squeezed my shoulder.

“No, actually he is the one who hit my back while I was taking your picture with Julia, but that’s okay I guess.” I said looking at Marco who looked at me and my friends with that smile on the corner of his mouth.

“And I’m the one that you girls must be hating because of what happened at the door entry, I just explained to your friends what happened.”

“And what happened?” Julia asked full of curiosity looking straight to Marco.

“Okay, let me invite all of you to our table, and I’ll explain, it’s my way to apologize.” Marco said putting his hands on his hips and looked at all of us.

“You’re inviting us to your ultra glamorous VIP lounge, OMG so kind of you, but we don’t form part of your circle of rich friends, so you can get back from where you come Marco Reus.” I said when suddenly I felt that Kaylee was pinching my hips making me hiss a little sound of pain.

“What?” I said on a annoyed voice and looked at her, and then looked back at Marco like if I was waiting for a fight or something like that. I was drunk, so every words that came on my mind would spit out of my mouth. Marco’s face looked a bit baffled with a little pout and for me it was a satisfaction to see him like this.

“Brooke, he is kindly apologizing and inviting us for a drink, come on, let’s follow him, I don’t think he’s that bad and cocky, isn’t it Marco?” Kaylee suggested as she smiled to Marco.

“It’s up to you girls, but I won’t force you if you don’t want.” I kept on looking at him of how he was defending himself in front of us with his puppy face and his eyes. I remained silent for a short moments and looked at Julia and Kaylee who were looking at me with their big eyes, like waiting for my approval. Okay, Marco seemed honest and wanted to prove something to us maybe, that he wasn’t that arrogant and rich footballer.

“Brooke….” Kaylee said again as I looked at her again and sighed. Gosh, I didn’t want to screw up my night just because I refused Marco Reus’ invitation. I only wanted to keep on having fun and enjoying my vodka.

“Fine, fine, let’s go.” I said in an annoyed voice that made Marco smiled in satisfaction, still with that same smile he had the first time he saw me.

“Then follow me girl.” Marco said as we began to walk behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This lounge was so different than the other. Every tables were larger, covered with a white silk sheet, lots of candles, blue and yellow lights under the transparent tables. Even though that I was drunk and had to hold Julia’s arm for support, I was still able to admire the beauty of the decorations, because yes I felt I was like in another world. I wouldn’t say that I was liking it, because the big VIP was not my thing at all, but it was all different.

We were sitting at this large table, with Marco’s friends. He introduced to each other. There was Marcel, Robin, Tim, Oliver, all were boys and no girls at all, and I wondered why. He was Marco Reus and had no girls at his table, so weird. As we arrived, Marco ordered another bottle of Vodka, but it wasn’t a shitty vodka, no, it was the Roberto Cavalli special edition, and the price of that bottle must been so expensive that I didn’t want to think about it. But who cares, Marco had invited us, almost insisted because he felt so sorry for what happened, so I would try my best to enjoy these crazy moments. Gosh, sitting with Marco Reus at the same table, who could have ever imagine that, not me, not even in my craziest dream. I wasn’t really paying too much attention to Marco as my eyes were looking everywhere around me. Kaylee and Julia were so much chatting and laughing with him and his friends, and it seems these have known for years. I couldn’t complain but his friends welcomed us so well, I would have lied if I say the opposite. I thought they were arrogant little rich boys, spending their money, and flirting on everything that has boobs and butts, but maybe I’ve been too judgmental on my opinion about them.

My glass was still full of that delicious Vanilla flavoured vodka, so I drank a few sips and felt my head getting so dizzy. I knew I have drink a lot, maybe too much, but it was my party and at the moment I really didn’t care of the hangover that was on it’s way for the next day. My glass in my hand, I was ready to drink another sip when I heard that Kaylee was mentioning my name, I was so curious.

“Hey boys, it’s a very special day, because we are celebrating my girl’s birthday, so let’s wish a fucking happy birthday to the most amazing and beautiful girl in this whole world.” Kayled exclaimed as all of them cheerz and raised their glasses and looked at me all wishing me a happy birthday. It was very heart touching, despite that I was so drunk.

“Happy Birthday girl.” Marcel said as he raised his glass.

“Thank you Marcel, you’re too cute.”

“Of course that I am.” He answered in funny voice making all of us laughed. I drank other sips of my vodka when suddenly all the music stopped, there was no more lights, only a few blue neons light was still functioning. It was pretty shocking. I looked around me, and we could hear the people whistling and shouting what was happening to bring the music back. I was even a little afraid and asked myself so many questions, was it a power cut, gosh a power cut in Ibiza. I heard that Marco was talking in German with his friends asking what was happening, and they replied they had no idea. A lot o people used their phones as a source of light, and so did Marco and Julia.

“What is going on?” I asked to Julia.

“I have no idea darling.” She replied shrugging her shoulders. Suddenly, we could hear that the microphone that was being tested and connected from the DJ box that was arranged next to the huge swimming pool.

“Guys, don’t worry, the power will be back in a few moments, but first I want that all of you sing a happy birthday to Brooke who is celebrating here tonight with us, so guys sing now, Happy Birthday to you…” One of the DJ sang in the microphone, and everyone followed and started to sing the Happy Birthday song. Gosh, I felt goose flesh on my body. Oh yes I was drunk, but OMG, I knew what was going on, I couldn’t believe that people were singing for me. And how did the DJ knew that it was my birthday. Everybody kept on singing, when someone approached us with a huge cake, covered by candles and firework candles. I covered my mouth with my hands and looked at the waiter who was only wearing a bikini bringing the cake to our table. I looked at it, as I felt so much tears forming in my eyes, it was just too much for me. Everything was so beautiful and perfect, it was the best party I ever had in my life. Julia and Kaylee stood behind me and hugged me so tight as tears were drowning on my cheeks.

“Happy Birthday Brooke, we wish you all the best.” Julia and Kaylee said simultaneously as they kissed me on my cheeks, and also I noticed that Marco and his friends were pointing their phones on us, I’m sure they were taking pictures or something like that.

“OMG Girls, I’m too emotional right now, this is so damn perfect, I don’t know what to say.” I said in tears.

“Don’t say anything, blow your candles and make a wish.” Kaylee said and I blown my candles and in a sudden all the house music came back, and all the lights as well. I still couldn’t believe what happened, it was so magic.

“It’s our turn to have a picture with the Birthday Girl.” Marcel said as he, Marco and Robin walked to my side. I noticed how Marco was always looking at me, with that smile. Marco, Marcel, Robin stood behind me and I smiled as Julia made some pictures with their phone and hers. The music was back and I so wanted to go back to the dance floor to dance again until the sun rose, or that my feet were in cramps. After we had the pictures done, I stood up on my feet and tasted a piece of the crystallized bleu turquoise sugar coated that was on the cake and it was just too delicious. But honestly I had no craving on a piece of cake, I wanted to dance.

“Julia, can we take that cake with us at the bungalow.” I asked pointing the cake with my finger.

“Yes I think so.” She answered.

“I think it’s a delicious one, so we are taking him with us back home okay.” I yelled with a smile.

“You not gonna share it right?” Marco asked with funnily.

“I don’t know, maybe.”

“I’m sure it must be delicious.”

“ Marco, I’ve been so bitchy with you earlier, you are really cool.” I said as I walked closer to him and put my arm and chin on his shoulder. He looked at me with his cute eyes and put his hand around my waist.

“No don’t say that, you are not bitchy.” Marco whispered in my ear, because the music was playing so loudly, louder than before, that we barely could hear us.

“You’re too cute Marco Reus, you and your perfect blonde hair and tattoos, hey let’s dance, I wanna dance.” I said as I pulled Marco, forcing him to follow my steps until we reach the pink violet dancefloor that was built on the swimming pool.

“I’m not a great dancer.” He said as we brought our bodies closer to each other, my body and head on his chest, dancing and being transported to the Trance music that was playing.

“I don’t care Marco, as long as you move to the rhythm of the music, it will come.” I answered as I looked at him with a smile, and our eyes met each other, instantly. It was so weird. At a moment, it was like there was just Marco and I dancing, only the two of us. He put his arms and hands around my waist and hold me so tight and we started to move together, my hands and arms also around his body. I kept on dancing and moving my feet but felt a sort of weakness spreading in my body. My head being on his chest, it was so comfortable, I felt like I was in my bed. Everything around me was so blurry.

“Brooke..” I heard someone calling my name, as my eyes that were so heavy, began to close my themselves.