One in a Million

Chapter 4

20/07/2014

"Brooke’s POV"

Brooke’s Outfit

“Positive. That’s how I felt since that I got out of my bed this morning. I had the feeling that today would be a good day, a very good day for me, but also for all of us. TOday, I woke up with a large smile on my face. Just thinking about this other party that was at the horizon made me feel excitedly happy. I didn’t know why, but for me, it would not just be another party, it would be something more. Me, my girls, with Marco and his crazy partners coming here, wow, I never imagine that something like this would have ever happen, or I have to admit that Marco Reus was genuinely an interesting boy, because yes he was. At first, when I met him at Ushuaia Club door entry, I wanted to murder his stupidly perfect blonde hair, because if his celebrity status, him and his friends had the “Easy” access to the club, trespassing everyone. Oh yes, I really wanted to murder his hair because of the way he passed in front of us, the way he said sorry, and mostly for the way he looked at me. I will never forget it,how he stared at me from my head to toes, and dared to do that kind of flirty smile, that caused me to fume more. Now, everything has turned so different in my head, the situations and the way I was seeing him, and I had no rational explanations to this. Maybe that this encounter at Ushuaia Club was meant to happen, maybe it was written somewhere or something like that. All I can say is that at the first moment I saw Marco, something happened and changed, changed into something positive, but I don’t know what it is. Sometimes, I felt I did not well behaved towards him, maybe I’ve been too cold and radical in my judgements. I only judged him by his appearance, famous name, but did not try to see what was behind of all that. He might have millions of Euros on different bank accounts, cars, the status of being one of the best footballer in Europe, but I could not deny that he have a heart and feelings. And during these 2 days that I spent with him and his circle of friends, I saw that he was really a nice guy, so different from the image I had of him. Marco Reus himself making me change my opinions, who would ever think that something like that would happen, not even myself in one of my craziest dream, no. And for someone to make me change my point of view that quickly, that someone must have something very special, and maybe, yes maybe that Marco was special, who knew. And I would also admit, yes finally admit that the boys made our holidays in Ibiza a little bit hotter.”

*

I woke up so early today, it was around 06:35 am when I opened my eyes and had a look at my phone clock. The first thing I did was to verify my text messages, if I haven’t receive any, even from Marco, I bet he was still sleeping and snoring heavily at this time. Thinking about the text messages made me remember of the very funny text conversation we had on last night. I still couldn’t believe that he dared to ask his friend Robin for my number. Re thinking about this situation brought a large smile to my face, and gave me a boost to get out of that large and comfortable bed. If we didn’t have this party to organize, maybe I would have spent all my morning in it at sleeping for a few more hours. But no, I just couldn’t, because just thinking of what was planned for the night gave me wings like if I drank several red bulls and some excitement. Yes tonight would be another “party night and dinner” with some extraordinary people, my girls and Marco Reus and his friends. Thinking about Marco and at the idea that I would meet him again tonight made me smile uncontrollably like an idiot and I didn’t know why but it was so weird.

We decided to cook some food like home made pizzas, fried Chinese noodles, but the most delicious would be the barbecue that we planned to organize on the beach. It was such a perfect weather today, hot, like all the previous days, and we couldn’t miss such occasion to have something there. Plus, the beach was the perfect place to have our party, with the sea, the sand, and a beach fire would make the atmosphere more fun. I even wanted to add some paper lantern lights to the filaos, to make it look prettier and feel like if he were having our own mini beach club, but unfortunately, there was no electric extension cable from the house to the beach. But it wasn’t a big matter, as long as we would have fun, like we had during the previous days, nothing else mattered. Julia, Kaylee and I spend all the day in the kitchen, busy at preparing the food, because we wanted it to be really delicious and kinda impress our guests. After we went to the supermarket to buy all the groceries and necessary ingredients for our menus, we stood up all day on our feet, chopping and mixing all the meat, vegetables, ingredients, in the saucepans, bowls. Or should I say, that I was the one who had to put the right amount of spices, to mix and verify if the cooking temperature was not too hot, yes, most of the food cooking have been done by me, because Julia and Kaylee were not such great cookers, so they preferred to gave me this responsibility. But I have to admit that they really helped me though, and I also teach them to not be afraid to cook. From around 12:30 PM to 18:00 PM, we were busy with the food preparations, and didn’t realized that time had passed so quickly. AFrom what I remember, Marcel had texted Kaylee saying that they would arrive at around 20:00 Pm, meaning I just had about an hour to prepare myself, had a shower, wash my hair and put some clean clothes. More the time was approaching for their arrival, the more I was feeling happy and excited. Although, I knew that our party would not be that “Glossy and Luxurious”, I still had the feeling it would be so great and unique in its own way. Simplicity was always paying, and I hope it will be the case for tonight.

20:45 PM

“So, what happened to Lisa and Roman, why they didn’t come?” A curious Kaylee asked to Marcel, who was pouring some of the Vodka in his glass. Gosh, there were so much different variety of alcoholic drinks on the table. The ones that we bought, vodka, some wine, beer, and the ones that the boys brought, but of course it was some premium quality of Vodka and sambuca. I wondered if we would be brave enough to empty all those bottles. If we, there would be other consequences on the next morning, so I would try to stay away from them, because I promised that I won’t have such bad hungover again, oh no never.

“They already have planned something else, but Lisa said that you girls can catch up or have a lunch something like that.” Marcel answered as he poured some vodka into Kaylee’s glass.

“Plans, yeah, I understand what their “Plans” mean.” Kaylee said on a sarcastic but funny voice, making Marcel laugh.

“And what do you think these two are doing actually?” Marcel asked with a wink, looking straight at Kaylee.

“Naughty dirty things, yeah these two look so fucking sexual.” Kaylee answered without no shame and winked back at Marcel. There was definitely a sort of tension among these two, and honestly, it was cute to see them like that. When I asked Kaylee what was going on with Marcel, she just shrugged her shoulders and said nothing was going on, that she was just enjoying him, nothing much.

“We all do I guess.” Marcel said as he kept on staring on Kaylee in a suggestive manner, eating herwith his eyes, not caring or paying attention that Marco and I were there next to her. The situation was kinda getting a little bit hotter among them, so I preferred to look at Marco who was admiring the scene that was going between Kaylee and Marcel. He seemed so amused by what was going on.

“You’re right my little Marcel, we all do.” Kaylee said, as she pinched Marcel’s cheek.

“Hey, let’s join Robin and Julia at the beach, they must be busy with the barbecue.” I suggested with a smiling voice.

“Talking about food, those chicken nuggets are really super delicious.” Marcel said as she grabbed one from the bowl that was on the table and put all of it in its mouth, eating his hungrily.

“You must thank our Chef, she is the one who prepared most of the food you gonna eat tonight.” Kaylee said pointing me with her finger. Both Marco and Marcel looked at me with that surprised glare, specially Marco.

“You, Brooke, prepared all of that?” A surprised Marcel asked me, with his eyes largely opened, as he grabbed another chicken nugget and put it in his mouth. I bet he was really loving them otherwise he would not have ate half of the bowl.

“Well, yes, I did most of the food, but my girls helped me a lot as well, so, you have to thank all of us, not only me.” I said with a smile, causing Marco to look at me and smile also. He was like in admiration or something like this, and honestly the way he was staring at me, made my cheeks getting a little hot. There was so much sweetness in his beautiful eyes, a sweetness that you could get lost in.

“Then thank you ladies, and I bet that what’s coming next will be even more delicious.” Marco said as he grabbed at his turn a nugget from the bowl and put it directly in his mouth.

“Yep, I agree bro, that this is only the starter, just thinking about what is coming next makes me hungrier, so let’s go and join Robin and Julia.” Marcel said pating Marco’s shoulder.

“Oh, wait, let’s bring all the drinks on the beach, Marcel, come with me, there are those carton boxes, let’s put all the bottle in them.” Kaylee asked to Marcel as she walked back to the kitchen, while Marcel followed her, leaving Marco and I alone on the terrace. We were ready to start to walk, when suddenly I remember I had to brought towels so we could sat there.

“Marco, wait, I have to bring beach towels, otherwise our butts will be drowned in sand.” I said as I quickly walked to the dining room table, where I had already prepared four large beach towels and two pillows, to feel more comfortable there. As I grabbed all of my stuffs, I didn’t realized that Marco had followed me, so I was quite surprised to see him when I turned my back. He was looking at the bungalow, and every decorations that was inside.

“I love this bungalow.” Marco said with a smile. Yes, this little bungalow was so cosy and warm, perfect to stay there for some holidays or maybe forever. But eventhough that it was a small one, the price was very high, so not affordable at all for me to get a house like this.

“I love it too, I really feel comfortable here, it’s so relaxing, to wake up and fall asleep to the waves sound, and this sea breeze, it’s just perfect, but not perfect like the yatch ou’re staying at.” I answered, looking deeply in his eyes. His eyes were sparkling, also I saw how really beautiful they were. That brownish green was just awesome, that I felt a bit hypnotized by them.

“I love it so much that if I had knew it was existing, I would have rent it for my holidays here.”

“Really, oh, and you would have declined this luxury yatch?”

“Yes, I would.”

“But it’s too bad for you Marco Reus, my girls and I got it before.” I answered with a wink, causing Marco to pinch my cheek. At this moment, when his skin touched mine, I felt a little flow of electricity, running everywhere in my body, it was so strange.

“I’ll get it next time Brooki, so maybe next time we’ll stay together for our holidays… in Ibiza of course, if you come here again” Marco said on a self confident and so brave voice, being so sure of himself. And his funny face expression, I could have laughed at him, but I contained myself.

“You’re so self confident Reus.” I said frowning my eyes and shook my head.

“Not always…” Marco said with a little sigh and a grimace.

“I think we better join the others Marco, and you’ll explain me more about you and your self confidence.” I said as I punched him lightly on his arm, causing Marco to react by grabbing my hand. Again, at this new skin contact, I felt small goose flesh and a light electric flow running on my body skin. Our eyes met each other again, and I felt I was losing myself in his eyes.

“Yeah, let’s go.” Marco said smiling as we began to walk in direction of the beach.

~~~~~~~~~~

When we arrived at the beach, Julia and Robin were busy with the barbecue, grilling the chicken and the corns, and the smell was so yummy, making me start to feel hungry. Luckily, that I had prepared some snacks, other wise we could be starving. My chicken nuggets and fish cakes seemed to have a wide success, because when Marco and I arrived, there were only a few remaining to my biggest surprise.

“The grilled chicken smells so delicious.” Marco said drinking a sip of his vodka.

“Oh really?” I asked on a curious voice tone, turning my face to his direction. Marco was sitting next to me on this large red beach towel, and he was sitting really closely to me, but actually, it wasn’t bothering me at all. I was feeling more and more easily at ease by his presence, and also more ready to have conversation and opened. It was like, the more time I was spending with Marco, the more I was really appreciating him, and it was so rare that someone could make me feel at ease that quickly easily.

“Absolutely miss, and those fish cakes, gosh, they are so fucking tasty, maybe the best that I ever ate in my life.” Marco said as he ate a piece of the fish cake he had in his hand, as he smiled at me. A compliment from someone like him was always nice to be heard.

“Thank you Reus, but I highly doubt that my fish cakes are the best.” I answered.

“I bet that they are, damn, I wish I could cook like you.”

“Do you like to cook?” I asked with a surprised voice, but yes I was. I had no idea that Marco knew to cook or even how to fry an egg, it was something new I found about him, more like revelation.

“Of course I like to, when I don’t have training or game match, I always like to cook myself some food.” Marco turning his face at me with that smirk on his face.

“I’d love to see that, how you cook.” I said after that I just came to realize that the words that came out of my mouths might sound a little bit too much “close”. “OMG Brooke, what the hell did I said, did I just said that I would love to see Marco cooking, WTF.” I said constantly, cursing myself like if I did a huge mistake. But at this moment, when I told Marco that I love to see him cooking, his face really brightened, like he was always waiting for someone to tell him something like that.

“We can do that, maybe you can give me some cooking lessons, so I can improve myself.” Marco kindly asked me on a soft voice tone, blinking his eyes several times. I remained glued for a short moment, not knowing what to answer him. “Is Marco Reus asking me for some cooking lessons.” I talked to my mind and felt my throat dry, it wasn’t so expected. I took a deep breath and finally was able to speak.

“You want me to give you cooking lessons?” I asked again, with a slow voice, pronouncing correctly each words.

“Yes, I want, but only if you agree.”

“Oh, well, that’s kinda surprising to me, ehm I mean, that you Marco Reus want me to give you some cooking lessons.”

“Why it is so surprising?”

“Marco Reus, the famous footballer, asking me Brooke, for cooking lessons, it’s a bit hilarious.” I said with a little laugh, but Marco’s face expression changed a little, his large smile faded a little. I hoped that it wasn’t because of my words, so I preferred to get back to my seriousness.

“I wished that people see me as a normal guy, and not Marco Reus, the famous footballer.” Marco said as he seemed lost in his words and mind, looking at the fire flames that were burning on the beach. In a sudden, I saw a deep expression of sadness and confusion on his face, it was so obvious. I felt bad, because maybe that it was of my fault, maybe he thought that I was making fun of him. I remained silent and stared at him, he was lost in his mind and kept on staring at the fire. In a sudden, I put my hand on his shoulder, and he turned his face, looked at me with a shy smile.

“I’m sorry Marco, if I hurt you because I said that it sounded hilarious that you want me to give you some lessons, I didn’t mean it.”

“Oh no, no it’s not that Brooke, you did nothing wrong, it’s just that sometimes… sometimes it’s not easy to be me, and to live the life that I have, but I don’t wanna bother you with my emotional state of mind.” Marco said as he sipped the rest of his vodka glass and put it on the sand.

“You not bothering me at all Marco, if you wanna talk, I’m here okay.” I said, my hand making a cheering movement on his shoulder, bringing him back some of his cute smile.

“So, you still agree for some cooking lessons?” Marco asked me almost on a begging voice. Seeing how he was asking me for, I knew I couldn’t keep on saying no.

“Deal, I’ll help you to improve your cooking skills Marco.” His eyes were sparkling again, and he felt revived again.

“Thanks Brooki, hey, keen for a walk on the beach?” Marco proposed me making some puppy eyes. My heart began to beat at an abnormal fasten rate, making me feel goose fleshed every where on my body. “It’s just a walk Brooke, so get up your lazy ass and be funny to Marco, maybe he wants to confide or talk to you to feel better, yes let’s do that.” I stared at Marco who was also staring at me, eyes to eyes, smiling, as I nodded as an approval.

“Okay Marcinho, let’s go for a walk.” I said. Marco first get up from the towel, and tend me his two hands, helping me to get up from my sitting position. His hands seemed so strong powerful.

“Where are you guys going?” A curious Robin, who was busy with the chicken on the grill asked us.

“Not so far, don’t worry.” I anwered.

“Don’t be too long or there won’t be chicken remaining for you.” Robin laughed drinking sips of his can of beer.

“Then keep some of the delicious chicken for us.”

“I can’t promise you bro, we are so hungry here…” Robin answered but Julia suddenly arrived and gently slapped his cheek.

“Take all the time you want my lovelies, I’ll keep an eye on the chicken, it’s safe.” Julia almost yelled in a funny way, as Marco and I were already walking at a slow walking pace on the beach.

“And have fun my lovelies…” Robin added.

“We’ll have…” Marco said laughing as we kept on walking away from our fire place area.

~~~~~~~~~~

We walked about for 20 minutes, and were a bit far away from our base. Yes, far, but we were still able to see the fire, which looked like a mini yellow star sparkling from far away. The sea air on my skin and air were just simply amazing and made me feel cool, fresh and relaxed. From the start of our walk, Marco made me laugh so much with his jokes, yes that guy was so much funny. Marco could just unexpectedly turned a serious conversation into joke, and make you feel better, and I had to admit that his laugh made him look cuter and awesome. I was feeling that I grown closer in a sudden to Marco, because I found out that he was really the opposite of the image I had imagined of him. Today, I found that he was a sensible man, and from what I known, sensible persons were amazing one, and I had the feeling that Marco was one of them, despite that he was famous. Also, maybe that I was seeing more like Marco himself, the real him, instead of the famous footballer that he was, just like he wanted to be seen by the others.

“So, what have you done since you’re in Ibiza?” I asked curiously as I looked to my footsteps on the sand.

“Nothing much Brooki, swimming, sun tanning, jetskying, sometimes going at clubs, I came here more to relax.”

“Ohhhhh and no girls?” I asked in a so curious voice.

“Yes of course girls also.” Marco said with a large smile, but his answer let me mouth opened and so surprised. Of course he must have fun with girls, he’s Marco Reus, and girls were seeing him as a sex god.

“Some blonde and brunettes bimbos, with big fake boobs?” I asked on a joking voice.

“Oh, them, well, no, but I found more interesting girls than bimbos to hang out and have fun.”

“And may I know who are these girls?”

“You, Kaylee and Julia, and that’s a bless we found you girls, you know, I think that the fact we met at Ushuaia was made to happen, and I don’t regret it, I’m since.” Marco said on a sincere voice tone, that brought chills to my body.

“And I hated you for the first time that I saw you at this door entry, I wanted to murder your hair Reus.”

“Yes, I know, I saw it in your eyes that you were fuming, and I felt sorry about this little incident, but if you look closely, the situation turned into our advantage, I will never forget it.” Marco giggled.

“Yes, you’re right Reus, this made us turned kinda friends I think, wait, wait, are we friends?” I asked confusedly.

“Maybe a little more than friends.” Marco said.

“OMG NO, don’t start Reus please.”

“Okay okay, I stop, I’m just teasing you, I have a guilty pleasure to tease you miss Brooke.”

“And yes I noticed that Reus, how annoying you can be.”

“I’m only annoying with the people I appreciate, so that’s a privilege to you.” Marco said on a fierce voice tone.

“Ohhh, what an honor, I’m so heart touched now, but I warn you Maco, if you tease me too much, I’ll murder your perfect hair.”

“Okay, I’ll keep this in my mind.”

“And you didn’t told me how things went, when you were in some of the clubs here, I bet girls have gone crazy.”

“You don’t know how, we had to get out of the club after only one hour, all were asking me for my number, to have a picture, and some even proposed me to go back to their hotel rooms, and I promise that it was fucking embarrassing.”

“What, so you mean they wanted to fuck you.”

“Fuck, kiss, everything related to sex, these are so fucking crazy, and honestly, I don’t like these slutty behaviour from the girls, they don’t have respect for themselves, no it’s not my type.” My mouth almost fell to the ground, after Marco’s revelations. He was talking so easily, wwith no shyness, talking about sexuality and girls, like if we were so long time friends, like if we were so close. It’s not that I was feeling embarrassed, well, maybe just a little bit.

“And what is your type?” I dared to ask without daring to look at him.

“I like normal girls, who are simple, and knows how to deal with reality, also who are not afraid to be crazy and themselves.” Again, I was so astonished by Marco’s revelations. I really didn’t know that the normal girls was his type of woman. It was like each time Marco was revealing something about him, I was reading a new page of a book, a very interesting book, that was tempting me to know more and more.

“Wow.” Was the only word that came out of my mouth.

“What?”

“No, no, nothing, I’m just a bit astonished.”

“Why, because I didn’t say that the plastic bimbos was my style?”

“Honnestly, yeah.”

“Oh meine gott, neine, I’m not like this Brooke, you know, not all footballers like the bimbos style, and I’m one of them.”

“Yeah, I’m taking notes Reus.”

“Enough about me, now let’s talk about you, do you have a boyrfriend?” Marco asked straight. I almost chuckled at his words.

“You so curious Marco.” I answered with a smile.

“Extremely, you can’t imagine how, so, does miss Brooke have someone in his life.” Marco was so determined to know what was going on in my sentimental life.

“No, I don’t.”

“Are you serious?” Marco exclaimed with a high voice.

“Yes, very serious, I’m single, and proud to be, so what about you, how many girlfriends do you have?” I asked in a hurry, because I really wanted to change of topic. I never really appreciated to talk about my personal and love life, because it was too dark.

“Ehhhm, yeah, I’m single also.”

“Ouuuh Marco Reus single, again girls must be in the queue to have a date with you.” I said in a teasing manner, which made me laugh alone.

“You don’t know how, and sometimes it’s stressing the hell out of me.” Marco said letting a deep breath out of his mouth.

“Wanna talk about it?”

“No, no, but I love my life as a single man, my last relation lasted after four years, and yes, that’s how life is sometimes.”

“Four years with your ex, it must have been a very serious relation you had with her.”

“Yes, it was, Caroline was really an amazing girl, but sometimes she was too rude, and I just couldn’t deal with that, love is not always enough in a relation and I really experienced that.”

“Yeah, I agree that love is not always enough in a relation, we need more.” I said being lunatic, lost in my dark thoughts. Talking about love and relationship just brought me back in the past, that past I escaped.

“Sometimes love really sucks.”

“Yeah it does…” Suddenly, there was a deep silence among us, as we kept on walking.

“May I ask, how is your feet doing now?”

“It is getting better, I made great improvements, but my heart is still so heavy each time I think of the World Cup, seeing them wining without me, was one of the hardest thing I’ve experienced, and I don’t want that to happen again, oh no, never.”

“You’ll win other trophies Marco, the next Euro and World Cup will be your’s, you’re such a wonderfully talented footballer.”

“Thanks Brooke, your words really mean something to me, but first I wanna get back to my top form, I need that. Are you a BVB fan?”

“Oh yes, actually I like your team a lot, you guys are really good.”

“Only good?”

“Yes, good, well maybe a little better than good.”

“You already saw a home game at our stadium?”

“Nopes, I never entered a football stadium.”

“What, really?” Marco asked me being so surprised.

“Yes, I promise.”

“Okay, then I’ll fix that, just let me know when you wanna come to see us playing, and I’ll get you tickets.”

“For real?”

“Sure, when you’ll see us playing live, on the pitch, you’ll change your mind, I promise you.”

“Okay, then I trust you Reus, but I really wanna be impressed.” I said as I grabbed his cap from his head and put it on mine.

“I didn’t know that you were a Cap stealer.” Marco exclaimed funnily with a laugh.

“There are so much things you don’t know about me Reus.”

“And hope that I’ll found more about you Brooke.”

“I’ll think about it, and let you know…”

“But don’t make me wait too long, because you know how curious and impatient I can be.” Marco joked, trying to make it sound funny, but deep in my heart I knew that he was serious.

♥ 4 Notes (explicitnights)