Just Leave Me

Over Protective

“So… Tony Stark is my er… guardian. I am here because he is an over protective moron and that’s pretty much it.” I pause “ You do know if my suit gets damaged I’m screwed right?” I ask looking around the room at all the pairs of eyes on me.

I was so going to smash one of Tony’s car’s for this as soon as they let me off this damn plane.

“I’m sorry, did I hear correctly. You have your suit with you?” Agent Fitz, who had rather excitedly introduced himself questions, his eyes shining. I raise an eyebrow and look down at the large silver briefcase. Did they all think that all my luggage fit in that? Hells no, I was watching the rather dashing, well toned agent pull my convertible into the belly of the plane, it was heaping with suitcases and I regretted nothing. Other then the fact I was here.

As I had told Pepper this morning, if Tony was going to ship me off on some aircraft for ‘my own protection’ then I was going to be the best dressed SHIELD ward on said aircraft. I heard there was another runaway orphan girl here as well.

“Wait, am I missing something? Why does she have Iron Man’s suit?”
“It’s not his suit. It’s her suit. Veronica is Tony Stark’s daughter”
“Not his daughter, she’s a ward of SHIELD-“
“-who gets to fly around in Iron Mans suit?”
“ITS HER SUIT”

I glance over at Agent Coulson as Fitz begins gesturing wildly explaining my history to the two girls who looked around my age. “I told you this was going to be a shit show” I tell him picking up my suit.
“Well, at least Fitz seems to like you”
“You told me Fitz likes everyone” I grumble following him towards a little room.

“You can make this easy or you can make it hard. Mr. Stark believes you’re on this aircraft to help teach, under the advisement of Director Fury. You can either advise or you can be apart of this team. Either way, he moved heaven and Asgard to get you here.”

“I was taking classes at NYU, being a normal “heiress”, I had friends and now I’m going to be on some stupid plane for god knows how long. Under the protection of a man that is supposed to be dead? I don’t understand what help I can be, give anyone this suit and they can do what I do. It’s the suit, not me!”

“You truly don’t believe that do you Ms. Andrews?”
“That you’re supposed to be dead? Prettttyyy sure I remember Pepper crying when Tony told-“
“I’m not going to force you to be a part of this team. You can come and go as you please Ms. Andrews no one is keeping you hostage.” Agent Coulson interrupts me mid rant. I growl under my breath coming to a stop seeing the size of my “bedroom”. All those clothes were NOT going to fit in here.

“This is your bunk, if you need more storage I’ll leave it up to you to come to an arrangement with Fitz and Simmons. Contrary to what you believe Veronica, I didn’t object to the Directors request that you be here.”

“If you were smart you would have” I mumble, tossing my suit onto the bed keeping my back to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This could be a crossover or spurts from Mentor as I did use the same name and kinda linked the backstory. It is a separate story though as of now even though I have abandon Mentor more or less.