‹ Prequel: Her Tongue
Sequel: Painted Silence
Status: Drabble | Finished | Complete

Unexpected

You can always expect...

I left his house without taking a minute to think about us. We were done and it was final. He cheated on me, and with a child who was half his age on top of that. He was right when he said that I wasn’t there the last few months, but that didn’t mean he had to go ahead and cheat. He could have asked me to talk about it, but instead of that, he picked the easy way out; just like all men.

I held my black bag to my side and pulled my long raven hair back, letting the wind carry them along. I walked down the street where his home was and decided I’d go to the busy street near my house, which was filled with clothing shops and accessories.

My heels were killing me and the pair of jeans I was wearing seemed too tight. I was on the verge of crying, still trying to keep my eyes from tearing up but failing miserably. A tear strolled down my face and I brushed it away with the palm of my hand like a small child.

My mind travelled to what we had been through and all the sweet times we had. I liked him, I really did. He was what I was supposed to want in a man, and he was, but my mind and my heart always longed for another. It wasn’t his fault that I never managed to forget the only person I ever loved.

I was in my last year of elementary school and she was three years older than me. Her light brown hair and honey brown eyes complimented her tall, yet thin frame. An angel, I had thought upon seeing her for the first time. She was my neighbor and I was taken in by her appearance. It was like a goddess, possibly Aphrodite, and she just wanted to play.

It was love at first sight, and it was the only time I had ever fallen in love in my life of twenty-five years. Childish as it may seem, it stayed that way.

The sun was annoying. I had slept for only three hours after all. I opened my bag to get my sunglasses and when I grabbed them, I managed to drop them on the road. I picked the sunglasses up quickly, cleaned the glass against the sleeve of my white top and wore them only to come face to face with a beauty.

Her auburn hair complimented her pale skin and I would have recognized her kind eyes even after death if I had to. ‘’Camellia?’’ I called, unsure if it was her. Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, or maybe after all those years of dreaming about her, I had started having illusions or something of that sort. Maybe she just looked like her. She wasn’t her. It wasn’t possible, not after all this time.

‘’Marlene!’’ She smiled at me, and my face copied her smile in automatic mode. I was overjoyed by the fact I was seeing her again. That and that she was talking to me. If my memory wasn’t cheating on me, the last time we saw each other, she slapped me because I called her a whore. I was in love with her and she was changing boyfriends like she was changing her shirts, almost daily. What did she expect? I was in love for god’s sake.

‘’I never thought I’d see you again,’’ I smiled at her as we hugged each other and kissed each other’s cheeks. ‘’And not like this,’’ I pointed at her chest, moving my finger up and down to show her body. Thin with long legs, wearing black tights and a white shirt. Plain, but they looked sexy as hell on her. Only she could pull off attire like that while looking smoking hot.

‘’Me either,’’ she replied. ‘’I was going to enter this shop and get a pair of tights and underwear. Wanna join me for a little bit so we can talk?’’ She pulled a few strands of hair behind her ear and licked her lips.

‘’Sure,’’ I answered and we entered the shop in order to buy what she wanted. We lingered a bit more at the underwear section of the shop, mainly because I couldn’t choose what I wanted to buy. There were so many beautiful sets.

‘’It was nice seeing you again,’’ I told her when we stepped out of the shop.

‘’Likewise,’’ she said, her voice like a nostalgic tune to my ears. ‘’Where do you live?’’

I pointed towards the left side of the road, ‘’that way. It’s just a four blocks away.’’

‘’I live that way,’’ she pointed towards the opposite side of the road. ‘’Walk me home, so we can talk a bit more?’’ Her question blew me away. I wasn’t expecting that, but I welcomed it.

‘’Sure,’’ and with that we started walking towards her house. All thoughts about that sorry ex of mine flew out the window and all I cared about was Camellia. She was here, and she was with me.
‘’I never got around to apologize for what happened when we were kids,’’ I said as we walked beside each other.

‘’It’s okay, that’s all in the past. We were kids after all.’’ A beautiful smile hugged her face, making me unable to breathe. She was so irresistible. The look I had on my face had to be one of the stupidest people had ever seen. ‘’So, you’re single now?’’ She asked. We had talked about our business and love lives while buying clothes, but I wasn’t expecting her to jump to that topic again.

‘’Yes, he cheated on me. Cheating means breaking up for good in my vocabulary. He was right though, I wasn’t in love with him and my mind was always elsewhere.’’ I explained in all honesty, not sure what she would say to that.

‘’You did the right thing. Cheating means he wasn’t right for you, and since you weren’t in love, it’s better that the two of you broke up.’’ Camellia had matured so much; she was a respectable adult. I could already tell that much after talking with her for a bit more than half hour.

‘’And why’s that?’’ I asked, she turned her face and looked into my dark eyes, still smiling. She brought her lips closer to mine and kissed me quickly; a soft peck, just the skin of our lips touching, soft and heavenly. ‘’Because I wouldn’t be able to do this,’’ she replied breaking the kiss, never erasing that golden smile from her face.

I was overjoyed and in a smiling trance. She started walking again, while grabbing my hand in the process so we could walk hand in hand. She liked me. She finally liked me back. It was a dream coming true and I wanted to keep her in my reality, forever if possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a fluff femmeslash, what do you think?