I'm Haunted. (By Her).

004. Never Fearing Death.

1976

In her room, Sara puts on the newest ABBA album. She listens to a few tracks as she secretly makes herself huge lines of cocaine. She wants to overdose so her parents won't leave the house.

She snorts the first line as the first piano line of Dancing Queen starts. Saras brain feels tingles and snaps as she shakes her head because of the white powder overload. She sparks up a huge blunt and puffs on it as the song continues. Soon, even before the first verse, she hears a knock on her window...

2008

It was the night before the family moved in and I was terrified. I think everyone else was just as freaked out as I was. We barely had 12 hours left before trying to keep quiet and hidden pretty much 24/7. That excludes Moira. They have a teenager so Tate may try to play himself off as the boy next door.

Unfortunately for me, my parents moved away long ago, so I can't play that card. The best I can do is babysitter, and sometimes a nanny. But most people don't want to hire a hippie these days.

So I bide my time in the attic, unlike the other ghosts, who very much enjoy the comfort of our grimy, creepy basement. For me, the attic had lots of light and most people didn't know about it.

I was so lucky to have this place all to myself...until Tate and Nora found out about it when they were looking for me one day. They hardly bother me when they know I'm here, but knowing they know I'm here makes me feel uncomfortable.

Somehow, I knew this family would be different. They would somehow change me. I didn't know what to expect but I just had this gut feeling about it.

Tate joined in me in our old room for one last night together. He even made the joke of screwing in the bed before someone else came and did it. I politely declined...as much as I love Tate. I know he only sees me as an older sister. The sexual jokes he throws around are hardly serious and hes always platonic with me.

One day, maybe since we're here forever...he may be interested in being with me for eternity.