RockFan

7

Billie Joe's POV

She was beautiful, and I could tell there was a spark between us when we looked at each other. Long dark hair, big brown eyes, and a body with curves in all the right places. Yet, my immediate infatuation went beyond looks, I could tell by how she talked and the questions she asked that Adrienne was smart, funny, warm, and original. Meeting a woman, and a journalist, like her was refreshing.

"Okay, one last question," Adrienne said, looking over at Bill. I could see him giving Adrienne the wrap-up signal out of the corner of my eye. I secretly wished we had at least another hour left.

"No, I'm sorry, I can't marry you, I'm already married," Tre said, teasing her with another joke.

Adrienne smiled and rolled her eyes, "Don't worry, I don't want to break up your marriage. My question is, after the expected success and renewed fame that American Idiot will most likely bring you, do you see it possible that you can ever play small venues again?"

"Oh, I think so. We somehow always find a way to do smaller shows. There's something about playing an intimate venue that is so attractive, you know, you're so close to the audience. It's really a special thing, and I don't think we can completely get away from doing those small shows," I said.

Mike and Tre nodded in agreement, having nothing more to add to my response.

"Alright then, that's a wrap," she said, clicking the off button on the voice recorder.

"Thank-you so much, guys," she said. She shook each of our hands before her boss, Tim, rushed over and asked if we could take a few quick pictures. Bill agreed that there was time for a few, so Mike, Tre, and I posed for a couple by ourselves and then some with both Adrienne and Tim.

"I can't thank-you enough, this was huge for us," Tim expressed to us again.

"Oh, no problem, it was our pleasure," Mike said.

While Tim mingled with Bill, and Mike and Tre began a conversation amongst themselves, Adrienne and I locked eyes. We didn't need to say anything, the attraction was obvious. I needed to do something; I had to see her again, just under different circumstances.

"Um, you have a bathroom I could use?" I asked her.

"Oh, yeah. Down the hall, over there," she pointed out the way.

I nodded and smiled, "Thanks."

I walked towards the bathroom, which I really would use, but slyly grabbed a pad of post-it notes on my way. In the bathroom I did my business, washed my hands, then grabbed a pen from my jacket pocket. I tore off one of the post-its and scribbled my name and number on it. I left the pad of post-it notes on a small table in the bathroom, I exited and made my way back to where everyone was.

Bill was in the process of politely excusing us, telling Tim and RockFan's employees it was time for the band to go. Cameras were flashing, more handshakes were exchanged. I looked for Adrienne while hands were being outstretched to me, I brushed past them all in desperation to find her. I felt a light tap on my shoulder, but figuring it was anyone besides her I didn't turn around.

"Billie Joe?" I heard her voice behind me suddenly, and I spun around.

"Hey, Adrienne," I said, "I was looking for you."

She smiled, seemingly knowingly, "I wanted to say goodbye," she said.

I pulled her into a hug, just a brief one so no one would suspect anything between us, and slipped the folded post-it note into her jacket pocket. I then quickly whispered into her ear, "I don't want to say goodbye, call me."

I let her go and stood back, she was looking at me with a confused expression. I realized she wasn't aware of the note I'd just given her.

"Check your pockets," I told her, smiling shyly. I wasn't trying to come off as an overly confident rockstar, I was scared as shit that I was wrong about the way she had looked at me. Yet, my heart egged me on. It had been so long since I took a chance on real love; I had to.