Status: Hiatus - Permanently

First Lasts

Broken Glass

How could he! That...that ass! I finally found something good in my life, and he goes and snatches it away. How fucking Selfish. UGH!

I got the sudden urge to slap him. I stared disgusted at him. Into those incredible dark eyes. I can’t believe he would even suggest that! He he so arrogant as to say that! He is supposed to be his best friend?! Turning on my heels, I walked away heels clicking on the tiles, not bothering to look back at Daylen. Go rot in hell for all I care… I screamed in my head. Getting to the parking lot, I realized the car was missing. Shit… Mentally slapping myself for forgetting that Hunter had driven me to work and stopped here on the way back… Oh great . It's almost 7 miles back to the apartment from this part of the city. Fuck I'm going to regret this...My ego practically deflated. Walking back to Daylen's office, I found him locking up for the night. I watch as he closesd the door, sticking the silver key into the door and the "click" that followed. He looked up at me clearly startled, “Oh” he say's, jumping a little. I can’t help but giggle.”Ha, ...I'm sorry” I say. Frowning he looks at me. What?
“So you thought about my offer, and you've come to take me up on it?”He purred cheekily, I frowned disdainfully. Why did I ever think this would be a good idea, asking for a ride this jackass…”My answers still no, I just, um...Hunter took the car… I was just wondering if I could get a ride…” I muttered looking anywhere but at him. He laughed, the sound so familiar, yet so new. I liked his laugh, I always did…

“So let me get this straight, he left you in his fit of rage, stranded.” He smirked, dimples popping from his cheeks. Folding my arms i give him the most annoyed look that I could muster. "Is it okay or not? Actually you know what, never mind, I’ll walk." I seethed once again turning on my heel.Joslin! you stupid fool, what are you doing? I mentally screamed in my head. Whatever, I blew it… He made no effort to stop me, which for some reason hurt a little. Walking out I make my way to the corner, walking the length of the huge building before turning. A car pulls up to me… Holy shit!, let me rephrase, a Lamborghini pulls up next to me, as the window rolls down. "Get in, I’ll drive you, wouldn't want you stuck out here all night would we precious.” He smiled, gesturing to the passenger seat. I keep walking, I don't need a ride from this jerk… Yes I do… I criticize myself mentally as the fight in my head continues. But I walk on. "Get in the car! And they call me stubborn.” He just agitated me more. He keeps driving slowly next to me, I can feel his eyes burning into my back, trying to find the right words. "Okay, I'm sorry alright, that was... unworthy of me, before...” His words tangled.
“Stupid...” I say
“Okay unworthy and stupid..” He smiles.
“Bitchy” I cuss, he chuckled.
“You really are stubborn...”
“Bitchy” I repeat. Rolling his eyes but he still smiles.
"Stupid, bitchy, selfish.”
“Alright, it was stupid, bitchy and selfish! I'm a selfish asshole, now please get in the damn car Joslin!” he demands. I finally give in walking around and lifting the suicide door, clambering in. He looked at me perplexed, which only annoyed more further. "Drive” I gestured to the road. But instead he did the opposite, switching the car into park, then facing me. "Oh my god, what?” I exaggerate. He smiles, that velvety smile. "I missed you sitting in my car,” he practically whispers.
"Last time I checked I was only in your car once, before you cut your losses.” I spit back. Chuckling once again he turned. For Christ sake, what is so funny? I think. “Oh, your saying you were a loss?” he replies.
“No I'm saying at the time I was a diamond in your fucking shit, that you decided to throw away, and now look at you, everything is perfect for you now” I practically yelled. He turned cold.”So you say," He turned and stared away from my gaze,"You think I don't know what I missed...” he mutters. We sit, silent, just looking at each other. He finally looks away, starting up the Lamborghini, and driving. we don't talk. No talking would mean everything would be fine...No we sit silent, not a comfortable silence, or an awkward one, just silence. He drives, fast, as I watch the city lights blur in the night.

|||

“Your a bitch” I finally break the silence. I hear his chuckle as he speeds past a car.
"Am I now?” he reply's.
”Never mind, you are a Jackass”
“I just have to be some type of animal don’t I?” He sends a wink my way, as silence falls on us again.
“What happened?” I finally ask, the one thought was on my mind all day.
“Hmm?”
“Oh don’t give me that, you know exactly what I'm asking Poker face”
“I might, but is it really relevant?”
“Whatever”
“Stop it.” he grows cold again.
“What?” I play his game.
“That “whatevering”you're not one just to whatever something and let it go, so don’t just say whatever…”
Rolling my eyes, I look at him, his dark hair now messy, his tie loose around his neck, him driving.
“Then what am I supposed to say? For god sake. You got me Okay! You seduced me, then fucked me, then left me, while I was left to think that you would have the decency to at least call.
“I figured it was a one night-” I cut him off.
“Not to me.” He shuts up. Silence falls again before I finally speak again.
“You just can’t have one scoop can you, you have to go back for seconds, well to bad, the ice cream is gone. You can’t have it anymore” I practically yell, anger welling up inside me. I hated him so much, yet he was all I wanted. He only laughs.
”Joslin, you have to understand, I want what I want, and in the end, I get exactly what I want. And right now I want you, and in the end, you are exactly what I will get.” He looks at me, his gaze almost suffocating. And for a second I hold my breath, forgetting what it is to breathe. Me...? Why? Then I remember who this man is to me, and why I can't let him have me.
“Your full of it.” He rounds the street to the apartment I lived in.
“Yes Joslin, I am, and you, well you to love it.” His voice was dead serious, as he pulled up to my building. I opened the door sliding out. Walking through the cold to the door. ”Meet me for coffee tomorrow, Angel.” Nicknames..? Really...?I couldn't help but hate at what he called me, I was no damn angel.....
"Now why in the hell would I do that?” I laughed standing at my door.
“Because I know exactly what will go down tonight, and I intend to be there for you. So tomorrow, 6:30, at the Starbucks on 6th street.” Rolling my eyes I open the door, then once again shutting it, shutting out Daylen with it.

|||

A deafening sound comes through the bedroom, I rush to see what it is. To no surprise I find Hunter, there, throwing glass worth over $600 a piece at the wall.”Hunter! Stop!” I yell, rushing over to him. He bats my hand away when I try to stop him.”My best friend Joslin! My best FUCKING friend!, why didn't you tell me?” I moved back, he was more than mad, his expression of pure rage almost unbearable. ”I'm sorry, I didn't know… it was before we started dating” I tried. getting more glass he throws it, this time knocking over a painting. "I just...Ah!” Clash! Another blow to the wall. This was a side I had never seen in Hunter.
“Please stop, Hunter, the neighbors are going to-” my voice shaking
“I don't give a damn what the neighbors think!” he spat venomously.
“I'm sorry OK, I'm sorry that I...I slept with him, I'm sorry Hunter.” His expression grows worse.
“You know what it doesn't matter, I'm… I'm done.” He finally settles down sitting on our bed. I move to him, running circular pattern into his back weakly. "I'm not mad at you… I'm just”
“Its okay babe, nothing is going to happen, we didn't exactly get off on good terms.” I cringe at the memories. Honestly it was like love at first sight when I met him, I don’t know what it was, just the way he did things, talked walked, I liked him, more than I like to think. Then he left… and it hurt, worse than I'd ever thought possible… and to think all my pain from a stupid one night stand. Go figures.
“He wants you back...” I snap out of my trance, looking into Hunters light blue's.
“Excuse me” I almost laugh… the irony of this situation is becoming unbearable.
“I have known Daylen for what seems like an eternity. And in all that time, there has only been one time I have seen the look he gave you when I introduced you. He told me about a girl he had met at a diner, he liked her, but it didn't work out in the end… And It was you, it all makes sense.” He says putting his head to his hands.
“Hunter no, it was a stupid one night stand, it was nothing…” A part of me sinking as I said the words.
“Nothing at all” I uttered, feeling my emotions drain.
“He wants you back, and I know i can’t compete with him, he's in a whole other league of his own.” His voice cracking.
“No babe, I choose you, I love you, you are what I want, fuck him and his desire’s, I don't want anything to do with him, I am yours, okay?” I was determined to bury my feelings for Daylen. I wrap myself around Hunters body, embracing him deeply. He smiles into my hair.
“OK doll, I love you too… I really do, I don’t want to lose you.”
He broke done soon after that, crawling into bed, he slept, and me, well… I was left cleaning up his mess and talking to the neighbors, who thankfully did not call the police.

Morning came, I stayed in bed as I watched the minutes on the clock pass, 6:23…6:35...7:00. I lie there, Hunters arms wrapped around me. I didn't go to the man who broke me. No, I wasn't going to make that mistake, I stayed in bed with the man who meant the world to me, instead of following emotion blindly back to the coffee shop. Yet I still wondered, what he would have said if I had showed, what would have happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha ha I'm not really feeling this chapter. It's boring :/

Fun is to come though ;)

Every time i write chapters for this story I think of this Song