Status: Look at the story in full detail, the photos of the real vacation and the real people featured in the story at http://seasidesummerbc.tumblr.com/ Password: seaside

Keeping Summer

Eleven // Riley

Date: June Twelfth Two Thousand Fourteen.
Time: Five in the evening
Place: ZZZ’s by the sea

“It hurts so much” Sophie whined while clutching her stomach. She has been whining for the past half hour. Mrs. Monica came back from the gym to help her. She has been calling my dad and Mr. Chander over and over again. They were out at some golf course. They needed to get her meds now.
“Is there anything I can do to help?” I ask Mrs. Monica. She was stroking Sophie’s hair back as she cried in pain.
“Darling everything’s going to be alright.” She rubbed my younger sister’s back in small circles as she turned to me, “Riley, Can you go to modica and see if they have any tums or some type of stomach pain relief? My wallet is on the kitchen island.”
"Yes, ma’am" I said then ran to fetch her wallet. "I’ll be back as soon as possiable" I said as I jogged out the back door. I took the private path behind all the homes. I took a short cut an ran through the gravel jungle of all the small rental cottages. When I got to the square I ran past Dawson’s and the furniture store to Modica.
The smell of fresh produce and sandwichs hit my nose. I walked past all the day old pastries and still was temped to get a sweet double chocolate muffin.
"Tynol, Advil…" I mumbled to myself as I crouched down to see all the medicine. I was there long enough for someone to crouch down next to me to find what he needed.
"Ibuprofen" i mumbled to myself.
"Ibuprofen" he mumbled to himself while he squated in my personal space.
"Excedrine" I mumbled.
"Excedrine" he mumbles.
"Aspirin" I mumbled, annoyed with the guy next to me.
"Aspirin" he mumbles. I jerked my head to look at him.
"Okay, what is you’re deal?" I said annoyedly before I realized it was our server from earlier today.
"What?" He said like he wasn’t doing anything wrong.
"Whatever" I said and I went back to reading off differnet lables. He continued to repeat every thing I said. Soon I gave up trying to find some tums or Pepto-bismal. When I got up and stood up. I walked over to the bakery to look at what they had left. He followed and leaned against the glass and looked at me. I ignored him.
"Can I get a double chocolate muffin, please?" I asked the twenty something girl working the show counter. Soon she had it in a petite brown bag on top of the show counter. He grabbed it before I could.
"Okay. What is you’re deal?" I asked him as I crossed my arms and looked at him.
"I’m just trying to buy a double chocolate muffin for a pretty girl. What’s your deal" he said to me.
"I can’t even remeber your name and your pizza got my sister sick. I think I’m capable of buying my own muffin" I said as he walked to the counter with my muffin still in his hand. The chashier rung it up.
"That will be two dollars and thirty cents." The cashier said. He handed her some cash and she handed him back a recipt with his change. "Thank you have a nice day." He took the muffin and walked out of Modica and sat down at one of the white tables. I followed and sat in front of him.
"Mind giving me my muffin now?" I ask as nice as I can.
"You’re a cheep date," he said trying to lightening the mood.
"Well this isn’t a date so…" I trailed off as I grabbed for my muffin. He grabbed it away and took it out of the bag. He placed it on top and tore off a small hunk of it.
"Want some?" He handed the hunk to me. "Open up"
"I have no clue where your food posining hands have been, no thanks." I jokes and tore off my own bite as he popped his peice in his mouth.
"So what’s you’re name?" He asked.
"Riley." I said as we contined eating the muffin.
"I’m chase. I’m going out surfing later." He said pushing his short brown hair back a bit. "Care to join?"
"Isn’t it kinda stormy out for surfing?" I asked.
"A bit, but I like the thrill" he laughed.
"I think I’m going to pass this time. I really have to care for my sister." I said.
"Awe" he pulled out his phone. "What’s you’re number? I wanna give it to my boss so he can call you and give you free stuff from the restaurant." He pushed his green iphone towards me. I put my number in with a winky emoji next to it the stood up.
"I really gotta go though." I said. "Enjoy the muffin and stay safe tonight"
"Bye Riley!" He called as I ran home. It started raining as I reached the back yard of zzz’s by the sea. I walked into the living room to see my dad and Mr. Chandler cheering on my sister as she drank some off brand pepto they brought her. She managed to drink it all, but about five minuets later she puked it all up. She claimed to feel a tab better though. Mrs. Monica made her sleep the rest of the day. Me and Chase texted until he started hitting the waves.
The parents went out later that night and Rachel and Kayla got us all grilled cheeses from Melt Down.
We were watching The Truman Show as it rained outside. It was playing on The Seaside Channel. We were at the part where Jim Carrey was at Modica Market talking to his friend when the movie was interrupted for breaking news. A lady with long blonde hair was standing in the rain with ambulance lights behind her.
"Hello, I’m Bethany Grace from Seaside Now News. Behind is the aftermath of a shark attack. Seventeen year old Chace McDermend, of the local thrill surfing group ‘Surf-Hawks’ was attacked by a appears to be a great white shark." She said.
"Everyone! shut up" I yelled at the girls and rushed to turn up the volume.
"He is now in stable condition at Memorial Hawthorne Hospital and is set to be released in the next few days. As for the beach though, it will be closed for the next twenty four hours after the storm clears out. This has been breaking news from Seaside Now News, I’m Bethany Grace now back to your current program." She finished and the movie started playing today. I turned it back down and looked in shock at what I just heard.