Status: Look at the story in full detail, the photos of the real vacation and the real people featured in the story at http://seasidesummerbc.tumblr.com/ Password: seaside

Keeping Summer

Twelve // Rachel

Date: June Thirteenth Two Thousand Fourteen.

Time: Five in the morning

Place: ZZZ’s by the sea

The rain dumped outside the covered porch at five in the morning. The thin mesh kept the bugs out and let the air in. I sat outside on the couch and listened to the rain drops hitting the pavement and drops rolling off of leaves. I was mindlessly turned pages in a book I wasn’t really paying attention to. I was too lost in my daydreams.
Tonight was the night I gave Kyle a second chance. That was something I had never imagined myself doing. The ran from last night had calmed down a bit. I was nice in humid this morning. I finally decided to close the book I wasn’t reading and place it on the white woven table in front of me. I layed down on the couch and closed my eyes for just a minute to take in the relaxing rhythm of the rain.

“Rachel” I heard a voice scream as my shoulder was getting shaken by a small hand, “Wake up!” the voice continued. My eyes fluttered to see Ava with a panicked look on her face.
“What’s wrong?” I ask as I sit up rubbing my sleepy eyes. The sun is up now and the rain has gone away, “What time is it?”
“Rachel! I’m so so sorry.” Ava began to cry, “I’m so sorry” she cried out. I scoop her up and sit her down next to me. I started rubbing circles on her back telling her ‘it’s okay’, even though I don’t even know what she did. Once I got to her to calm down I started speaking again.

“Now, Ava, What happened?” I asked in a very concerned voice.
“I broke your bike.” She said trying to hide her face and started crying again.
“What are you talking about Ava?” I asked.
“Well Sophie and Emily were picking on me that I still used training wheels. I just got really upset,” She explained to me as I wiped her tears away, “I want to show them I’m a big girl, so I tried riding your bike.”
“Ava, It’s fine. I can fix it.” I said with a smile.
“Actually some boy came and he’s fixing it right now.” She said.
“Oh, really?” I was suspicious. “Who’s this boy?”
“The new neighbor from across the street.” As she said that, I stood up and walked out the poor doors with her trailing behind me.
“Why would you let a stranger fix it?” I said looking back at her, “Don’t you know not to talk to strangers?” I started scolding.
“I’m so sorry, Rachel” She started crying again. I was being too harsh. I turned around and got on my knee and held her hand.
“It’s okay Ava,” I said “Just Ava darling, don’t let strangers fix bikes that aren’t yours that you took without permission. That’s just some words of advice.” I stood up and brushed off my pants, “Go inside, get dressed in your swim suit, we’re going to go to the beach.” She ran inside and I could hear her yell to the other girls to get ready also. I walked down the path to where the bikes are kept. I heard a wrench noises going on. Right there sitting directly besides the short white picket fence was Blitz, the green eyed beauty I kept falling on everyday this trip.

“Hello Rachel” He said as he unscrewed parts of my bike.
“Hey, don’t you have anything better to do than stalking me?” I asked mocking him for always being near me.
“Well I was walking to my house when I heard someone snoring gosh-almighty loud on your porch. I was going to tell them to quiet down,” He said looking up from the bike to face me. He eyes squinted from under his baseball cap, “But I got rammed down, by Ava on a bike that is a little too big for her.” He chuckled looking down back at the bike, “I just thought I would help, In my mechanics class this past school year our final exam was to fix a majorly broken bike. I aced with flying stars.” He started showing off as he moved the chains around. I rolled my eyes and leaned against fence.
“Good for you Blitz, but you don’t need to fix it. The brakes have been broken for years now.” I say as he starts putting different pieces of things together.
“I can tell,” he grumbles as he put a screw into place, “but, not anymore.” he stood up and lifted the bike up. He sat on the seat and started biking off far down the street.
“You have got to be kidding me,” I complained to myself. “Just because he fixed the bike, don’t mean he can keep it.” I was fed up with his sassy adorable butt, so I walked inside and checked the time. “10:49 AM” read the microwave clock. I looked back outside and Blitz still wasn’t back.

I ran up stairs to the other girls dressed for the beach.
“Y’all can go, bring Ava with you. I gotta get ready still.” I told them. They said their goodbyes and ran down the stairs. When I heard the front door slam shut, I turned on my music. “Picture Day” by the City Roots blaired out my speakers. I danced around as I picked out my outfit and what swim suit was going to wear today. I took a long relaxing shower before I got dressed.
I decided on a black one piece. Over that I wore a green and blue striped sun-maxi dress. I slipped on my gray flip flops and picked out a huge floppy sun hat with a blue ribbon going around it. I walked down stairs and grabbed my the book I was reading for the 12th time “The Summer I Turned Pretty.”. I picked up my phone to look at the time “12:04 PM” it read.
“I should bring them some food. It’s already lunch time!” I said out loud for some reason. I’m home alone.
“Yeah, You should bring them some food.” a voice called. I screamed and grabbed the nearest kitchen utensil I could reach and held it like a sword. I walked around the corner to the living room to see Kyle sitting on my couch.
I let out a huge sigh of relief. I leaned my back against a wall facing him and slid down. “What the hell Kyle?” I said quietly as I stand up looking at him, “Breaking and entering is a crime.” I scolded him waving around my makeshift sword. He laughed loudly in his white Tommy Bahama shirt and Khaki shorts.
“Oh my gosh,” he said once he got ahold of himself. “What were you going to do? Salad toss me to death?” He put his hands up in a surredning manner “Oh my, i’m so scared Rachel” I threw the salad tongs that was my sword at him. He stopped laughing.
“How did you even get in?” I questioned crossing my arms and leaning on my left foot.
“Kaya let me in.” he answered me. I made a mental note to kill Kayla later.
“Of course she did. What do you need?” I asked annoyed now.
“I just wanted to make sure you remembered tonight. Meet me at the Shrimp Shack at seven.” he said with a wink and walked out the front door. I ran after him as he ran out the porch doors. I yelled at him from the porch steps as stood looking back to me.
“What makes you think I’m going to go tonight when you came in trying to scare me? You sat in my living room for about an hour as I showered and stuff. Do you know how sketch that is?” I yelled at him.
“I just have a gut feeling you would ditch this Alex guy for me.” He said motioning towards the bikes, then he walked down to 30A. What is he talking about. Who is Alex? I walk down to the bike racks that he pointed at to see my bike.
It has a brand new kickstand and a white weaved basket with a bag from the record sitting in it. On the bag it read ‘Meet me tonight at dawson’s, I wanna show you something. -Alex ‘Blitz’ Chapman’