Status: Look at the story in full detail, the photos of the real vacation and the real people featured in the story at http://seasidesummerbc.tumblr.com/ Password: seaside

Keeping Summer

Thirteen // Rachel

Chapter 13- Rachel
Date: June Thirteenth Two Thousand Fourteen.

Time: Six Thirty at night

Place: 2nd floor guest bed room, ZZZ’s by the sea, seaside, florida

“Where are you going?” Kayla said looking at my tan high low dress I had on. My hair was in a fishtail braid down my back. I had a thin dark brown belt around my waist with gladiator sandals in the same color on. When Kayla walked in I was struggling to fasten my nude and gold Kendra Scott pendant around my neck.
“I’m just going out.” I said. Kayla rushed in the room to help me. She clasped the necklace in place.
“Yeah, sure.” She rolled her eyes as I turned around to her. “Just going out like that.” She walks out of the room and up to the third floor.
“Do I look good though?” I yell up to her.
“Yeah, I would use the tan leather clutch you brought.” she hollered back to me.
“Thanks”
“No problem, bring me back something to eat Rachel” she told me.
“HAHAHA. No.” i yelled back then ran down stairs to change purses. I shoved a pair of earbuds, some cash, my phone and my drivers license into the clutch. I snapped it shut and said goodbye to riley, emily, ava, and sophie who were playing go fish.
I walked out the back door in a rush. I tucked stands of my hair behind my ears as I rushed to the town square. I walked to the tables around Dawson’s and saw him sitting at a table. I walked over to the boy and gave him a soft smile. He stood up and hugged me.
“I’m glad you came.” Blitz said to me as we broke the hug.
“Actually, I just came to tell you I had prior arrangements tonight.” I said trying to avoid eye contact with him. “I feel so bad, but this just wasn’t something I could cancel.” when I looked at him he looked so embarrassed.
“I get it, It’s fine. I’ll go” He said as he tried walking away. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back to me.
“No, you don’t get it. It’s not you and it’s not me. It’s just bad timing.” I said smiling up at him. I moved my hand to his shoulder and pushed his face down to my height. I gave him a small kiss on his cheek, “I’m free on the 17th, I’ll meet you at pickles at 5 at night.” I smiled and crossed 30A to get to The Shrimp Shack.
When I got there one of the staff members escorted me past the ordering line and out the back door to their detached back dining area. The small covered area had christmas lights hanging off the roof.
“This way ma’am” the staff member said and he pointed up stairs to the dining area. When I get to the top of the stairs I see Kyle in a light blue dress shirt holding a bouquet of roses. Except he wasn’t looking at me. He was sitting at the private table with some other girl sitting across from him. She has khakis and some nasty dark blue polo on. They were laughing and she was leaning on the table with her waitress tray on the ground.
“This is exactly what I expected from you Kyle.” I said grabbing his attention.
“It’s not what it looks like Rachel!” he stood up with the flowers and ran over to me before I could run away. I didn’t want him to see the tears in my eyes and the expression of broken hope on my face. “Rachel. You have to believe me!” He gave me the roses. I took them in my hands.
“This is just like last time” I said with a scratchy voice from fighting tears. I started in a mimicking voice, “It’s not what it looks like, Rachel please! oh my. I can’t believe you don’t trust me.” I ripped a rose and threw it at him. His puppy dog face was heart breaking. I went back to my normal voice “This is exactly what it looks like. You tricked me into giving you a second chance when all you are is some rich playboy. I’m not getting hurt again.” I threw the roses at his feet and ran down the stairs. I cut through the shopping areas to get back to my house. I sat on the back porch for a minute wiping away my tears, then decided to go to the bookstore for the rest of the night.