Status: Look at the story in full detail, the photos of the real vacation and the real people featured in the story at http://seasidesummerbc.tumblr.com/ Password: seaside

Keeping Summer

Four // Rachel

Date: June Eleventh Two Thousand Fourteen.
Time: Ten in the morning
Place: ZZZ’s by the Sea (The Johns’ House), Seaside, Florida

“Girls!” I call as Riley, Sophie, Ava, and Emily walk in the house all sandy from their surf lesson this morning, “I have muffins for y’all on the counter!” Emily runs in the kitchen tracking sand behind her.
“Oh my gosh, Rach! You’re the best!” She cheers as grabs a muffin.
“EMILY KATHERINE!” I scold her “Go take off your shoes on the front porch like everyone else. Where is Kayla?” I say as the other girls walk in the room when Emily walks out.
“She went to seaside store. She wanted a shirt or something.” replied sophie as she shoved one of the muffins in her mouth.
"Okay, now y’all go get cleaned up from the beach, we’re going to go to the pottery place today." I say grabbing my book off the counter "I’ll be outside on the porch reading my book waiting for y’all." The Lanes finish their muffins and go next door to their house to clean up and Emily goes up stairs and takes a shower. I walk outside and lay on the couch that Kayla normally sits and reads on. I was outside for about five minutes when Kayla walked through the porch doors.
"Why you smiling?" I question as I look up from my book.
"No reason! Why can I just be happy? Why must everyone freak out when I’m happy?" She says spasticity.
"Umm because you don’t normally smile like a fool at a receipt." I raise my eyebrow in suspicion.
"It’s nothing." She said shoving the receipt in the bag.
"Oh really?" I say as I close my book and sit up. She rushes to the place next to me that my feet just vacated.
"So there’s this guy.." She trailed off.
"And? Is the guy a receipt or something?" I say jokingly.
"Ha. Funny Rachel. No, I was at the seaside store and well it was really awkward and let’s just say. Umm.. I knocked over a few mannequins and got a hot guy’s number because of it." She smiled sheepishly.
"Who’s this guy?" I question going into overprotective cousin mode to replace the absence of her overprotective brother.
"His name is Cody. He has a job at the seaside store. He seems nice." She says a summery of him.
"Okay, here is the real question. Is he hot?" I ask back into best friend cousin mode.
"Extremely." She laughs as she gets up "I’m gonna go shower up. We’re going to Rosemary beach later, right?"
"No, I changed our plans." I say as I lay back down. "We’re going to do pottery at the painted mermaid"
"Sounds fun." She says as she steps into the house. I continued reading my book for the next thirty minutes before the Lane girls returned to our house.
“Y’all can just go in. I’m gonna stay out here until everyone is finished.” I say they all walk inside and I rest my head on couch on top of my book. I close my eyes for about two seconds then I hear a loud crash of bicycles. I stand up and run out the poor doors then down the steps. I jogged over to our bike racks when I see I boy curled up in fetal position under my blue bike and his bike.
“OH MY GOSH!” I go to help him up. I pull my bike off of him and he yanks his own bike off. I offer my hand to him which he takes. I yank him up and he rams his head into my by accident. I lost my balance and end up falling into him.
“OH MY GOSH!” He exclaimed “I am such a clutz! I’m so sorry ma’am” he stands up and offers me his hand this time. I take it as I look at his shirt that read ‘Houston Astros’.
“Oh, it’s completely fine” I pick up my bike and put it back in the rack.
“Well have a good day ma’am” he says then parks his bike at the house across the street. He looks back at me and waves at me. I see a small glimmer of his emerald green eyes from under his texans baseball cap.
“You too” I smile and wave back as we walk into our respective houses.