Status: Look at the story in full detail, the photos of the real vacation and the real people featured in the story at http://seasidesummerbc.tumblr.com/ Password: seaside

Keeping Summer

Eight // Rachel

Date: June Eleventh Two Thousand Fourteen.
Time: Eight in the evening
Place: Outside Old Florida Fish House

The night was short without our phones. We sat at the table talking and laughing. It was just so much fun to the point where I didn’t feel the need to pick up my phone to check twitter. After uncle Chandler paid the bill aunt Monica said we could take our phones up. Everyone checked their phones except me and Riley. I just didn’t feel the need to and I don’t think she wanted to read another sorry message from Chad. From what Kayla told me, he seems like a jerk.
“Rachel, can you grab my itouch for me?” Ava asked me as she reached towards the middle of the table, but just barely touched her phone. I stood up and pushed her ipod towards her. When I look up everyone else is standing up and getting ready to leave. We head back out to the cars and drive home. When we arrived home the adults went out to Wine World to drink and see who is staying in town.
“Rachel, you’re in charge while we’re gone. I left some cash on the table if y’all want to go out to get ice cream or something. I think at nine they are going to play a movie in the town square if y’all wanna go do that. Whatever you do just don’t go outside of seaside.” Monica says as she walks out the door behind Chandler and Mr. Lane.
“You heard the lady. I’m in charge” I say turning around to the group of girls in a stern manner. I have my arms crossed and i’m marching back and forth looking at them for about a minute. “You know what that means…” I trail off continuing my dictator like march. “I get to choose where we go get desert.” They all groan in sync. They know I hate snow cones and “Frostbites”, seaside’s local snow cone place, is where they always want to go.
“Rachel, Come on! It’s the first day of seaside! Please! Let us have frostbites!” Riley begged.
“I’m not in the mood for frostbites,” Ava chimed in, “What about heavenly?”
“I could go for some gelato right about now Ava” I say as I walk towards her, “Okay we will split up. Riley you’re in charge of the Frostbites group and anyone who wants gelato come with me. We will meet up at our regular table after we get what we want. No hands in.” I put in hand in the middle of our large circle and soon everyone placed their hand on top of mine. I called break and we split up. Me and Ava took our bikes to Heavenly because it’s towards the back of the town while the everyone else took the back private path behind the house to get to Frostbites faster. After waiting about 15 minutes in like we finally had her cup of gelato. I was walking with Ava to the table and when I tripped on the front of my sandal as we were going down the hill. I could hear Ava laugh in the distance as I fell on something hard in front of me.
“Ma’am I am so sorry!” He said as he helped me up. As I brushed off my knees and shorts, Ava ran to everyone at the table and I could hear them laugh at me too. I looked up and saw green eyes.
“No bruises, no blood, its all good” I say, “but we really have to stop meeting like this!” I laugh with him.
“Yeah, That’s like the thirst time you have fallen on me.” He laughed.
“More like you are in my path of falling!” I laugh as I reach out my hand “I’m Rachel.”
“Blitz” He says then pulls me into a hug. After the hug he spoke up again “This is my first time here. We used to live in rosemary beach.” He says it like the beach was his home, but his accent is too thick to be here year round.
“You’re going to like it here. If you ever need a friend just visit me on East Ruskin. It’s the big blue house.” Kayla starts calling my name and I turn around to see her waving me over. “I got to go, See ya around Blitz” I wave as I run up the steps to my group.
“Tell. Us. Everything” Kayla demands.