Sequel: Lost Boy
Status: Feedback please!

Breakdown

I just roll through town

Coraline breathed deeply as she laid beside Michael, her head rested on his arm as they both gazed up at her ceiling. Neither one had said anything since he had charged into her bedroom. She was just ecstatic that she was beside him once again, finally. A month had felt like a life time to her. With a deep breath, she turned to face him, rolling to her right side. "Michael, I'm sorry..."

"No, I kissed you... Completely out of line," he cocked his head sideways to look over at her, "So I'm sorry." She bit her lip and his eyes dropped to watch this movement, soon copying it.

"It's not that you kissed me, Michael... We've been best friends almost our entire lives. It's the fact that you did it and then apologized, calling it an accident. You dont just accidently kiss someone..."

Michael dropped his head back to the carpet and closed his eyes. He knew that, but he also didn't know how to exactly explain himself. He wasn't entirely sure how he felt about her. She was his best friend and he was hers and part of him didn't want to lose that side of their relationship. "You're right... I don't know Cora... I've just been so busy with Calum and Luke and they always have friends over and whenever there are girls over, all I think about is what you are doing. I get mad if I think about you being around Grayson and Frankie and it's all just been too much. When I saw you get so upset over the band... all I could think about was kissing you."

Cora stared over at him and he turned his head back to the side to look into her eyes. "It's okay... It wasn't that good anyway," she laughed teasingly.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, I've had better."

"Whatever, you've never kissed anyone."

"'Cept you," a smile crept across their lips before they both started laughing. "You suck," she shook her head, leaning up on her elbow, looking down at him. He craned his chin up, as if reaching for her lips, and she smiled, lowering her lips to meet his. Her lips were so cold, he noted, against his. He moved one hand up, cupping her cheek. She smiled into the kiss and he couldn't help but laugh, feeling awkward in their position. He sat up, pulling her to her feet as he chuckled.

"So are we good," Michael resting his forehead against her and she smiled weakly.

"Yeah, I guess... but now I have to figure out how to explain to my viewers what exactly just
happened." Coraline smiled, laughing nervously.

"I have an idea," he pulled out his phone. "We were supposed to have practice, but I can bring them here for some songs, if you want..." Coraline chewed on her lip, looking up at him.

"Just once... we can't make this a reoccurring thing..." because I'm leaving soon, she finished to herself.

Michael smiled, shooting out a text to both Luke and Calum. Coraline still felt slightly uncomfortable, as she still didn't know these guys. Sure, Michael liked them a lot, but for all she knew she could end up hating them both. She had met them both once, seperately. She met Calum around the same time he and Michael had began to hang out. They had gone to see a movie and Calum had spent more time with his nose in his phone than actually hanging out with the squad. Luke, she had met on the bus in passing. With a huff, she sat down on the bed and laid back, her guitar on her stomach while she absentmindedly strummed the cords. Mikey's phone rang and she watched him from the corner of her eye as he paced around the room, giving the boys directions to her house.
Fifteen minutes later, Luke's mother was pulling out of Coraline's driveway. Mikey had ran downstairs to let them in while Coraline laid on the bed, eyes closed as she strummed the guitar with a familiar Mayday Parade tune.

"So I'll sing a melody,
And hope to God she's listening,
Sleeping softly while I sing,"
a velvet voice sand along with the notes she was hitting. A smile broke across her face as she continued to strum, slowly sitting up. When she concluded the song, Luke grinned at her, as if waiting for approval.

"Kudos to you, for knowing that," she smiled, leaning back on her hands. Calum mentioned something along the likes of 'cool guitar' and she laughed nervously, thanking him. She glanced down at the guitar itself for a moment, the lion still bearing the feather Michael had painted himself in its mane. She stayed mostly quiet while the guys debated what song to sing, eventually asking her what she wanted to do.

"Medley of Green Day, Blink and some others," she tossed Michael the writing notebook. He opened the book, flipping through the pages before stopping at the page she was assuming was the right now. His eyes skimmed over the words, a smile playing on his lips.

"This is good, Cor!" She shrugged as Luke and Calum looked over his shoulder. They really all did look good together, like an actual band. Taking the chance, she snapped a photo. It would probably end up in the video somewhere. Her stomach fluttered when his eyes finally met hers, excited. "Let's do it," he grinned and handed her the notebook.

"Keep it, y'all will probably need it more than I will," she smiled and handed Michael the right-handed guitar he normally used. Luke and Calum came with only their voices, but Cora was sure they could work around it. She set up her keyboard and adjusted her camera so it was staring out at the four of them. Coraline took a deep breath, nervousness welling in her gut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mer... Is this okay y'all? I feel like it's just, meh.