In the Land of Magic & Love.

Chapitre deux.

Richard's P.O.V
--------------------------

I woke up normally; like how I do every morning. The oh so old routine. Getting up was so hard for me but I knew I had to do it because there's a whole kingdom awaits it's diligent, courageous prince. I normally go to wash my face and take a shower then put on my royale clothes and with it my wide grin. It seems like I was ungrateful but I really am grateful for everything my parents had done for me and all the training my dad had wasted his time on, but also I can't deny the growing fear that the day I will be crowned as a king will come sooner or later.
Once I got all dressed up, I started gazing out the window at the forest that lies before the castle. It was huge, green from the outside but It was dark and without lights inside. Monsters lived there-as some people said- and no one wanted to go into the woods.
A few knocks on the doors were enough to get me back to reality; I turned around to the gentle voice of a woman saying "Your Highness?"
I replied faintly "Y-yes..I'm coming. One moment, please". The knocking stopped at the point. I oppened the door and a maid was standing there.
-"Breakfast is ready, your highness" she said the bowed down in front of me, "I hope I haven't disturbed you." she continued and the looks of being worried were visible on her young face.
-"Uh. No, you haven't, Clarissa" I said shaking my head then I smiled at her.
-"I shall go wake the princess up then" she said then bowed down again. I nodded then watched her walk away going to my sister's room.
The hallway in which I was walking through, had paintings hung up on the wall, drawn by the most famous artists of all lands and put in frames made of pure gold and decorated in rubies and other fine stones; the floor was covered by a huge long carpet that extended all the whole hallway; it was sewen in The Land Of Arabia and it was so heavey and colourful which brightened the whole way to the dinning hall.
I liked walking in that hallway and humming while watching the paintings.
I walked into the dinning hall and the servants where all over the place confused by whether to greet me or help the king get his morning food and energy. I told them that it's okay and they can go prepare for breakfast. I saw my mom and dad sitting at the ends of a really huge table. I kissed their foreheads and greeted them by saying good morning to both of them.
I pulled a chair and helped myself sit and of course I didn't notice my sister. She always slept in and she was always late for everything; she didn't have a care in the world except her precious jewelery and dresses.
On the table there were fruit salad with cranberry and asian-pear dressing, pig-skin, fruits, nuts, cheese, wafers, and spiced wine.
Personally, I loved eating the nuts and wafers, I think they gave me enough energy that could last the whole day and also they were so delecious so It would only be normal for me to like them.
My sister was nowhere to be seen yet so my parents chose those minutes to discuss something i've been trying to avoid talking about because I believe that I'm still too young for it and I have other things to think about but that didn't mean that my parents should stop harrassing me about it...It's getting married and finding me the perfect wife and soon-to-be queen.
My mom turned to face me and I just knew she was going to start talking about it.
"How are you, my dearest?" she dropped a starter question at me just to show sympathy. "Can you just get right to it, mother?" I said rolling my eyes slightly; just enough to show them that I was going to be upset. "We found you a beautiful wealthy powerful woman to become your queen one day when im gone, son." Dad said to me putting his hand on my shoulder.
"Why can no one understands that I don't want to get married yet?...I don't feel ready to raise a family while I have the burden of keeping an eye on the kingdom when father is gone." I said, trying not to show how deeply furious I am with my parents and their continious pushing me to the extend of my limits. At times like this-times when I refuse having a wife- I feel the lonliest. I've always been lonely, anyway. I had no friends or people my age around me to live normal young adult lives with. All my childhood was with my father and our never lasting practicing and him teaching me maths, languages, medicine alongside with training to become the most feared king and knight of The Land Of Lightning..but that doesn't really matter to you when you're 10 years old. I spent my whole break times looking at the servants kids playing around in between the vines and trees. I just always wanted to go there with them but The king always had some kind of excuse to prevent me from living my childhood and be an ordinary child.
Yes, I had my sister but we never really had the same interests anyway and we faught about everything so it wasn't good enough for me and our mom began to taught her how to sing and dance from young age so we both were too busy.
I know a lot of people wish to become princes and princess but there's always a price and it is indeed very hard to live our lives...well my life has always been harder than my sister's. In the same moments i've been thinking about all of that while my parents were arguing about who's the fittiest woman out there for me, the huge door that leads to the paintings hallways opens up and from it emerges my little sister
-"Still trying to find a wife for my so-obvious gay lovely brother?" she said as she took a seat then she yelled at the maid for not having her food in front of her already.
"Hey now, Young lady. Stop being mean to the workers. They're human too" dad said but my sister didn't reply. She only rolled her eyes up. Which was expected from someone as mean as her.
Breakfast was over after about 30 minutes, I felt as though my stomach couldn't handle any more food, just like my brain which couldn't handle any more of my parents nagging about me getting married; as if it was something so important. Dad wasn't going to die anytime soon so I don't need a queen just yet.
It was about noon when I decided to go out and help the workers pick up the fruit from the trees in the fields behind the castle. I can say that it's my own way to communicate with the people. They loved how I helped them; No, I loved how I helped them. It gave me much pleasure to make them feel happy and trusting of me.
I walked down that paintings hallway again going to my room to get changed.
When I opened the door, there was a naked young lady lying on my bed with a smirk on her face.
"Good god. Who are you and what are you doing here?" I asked her after trying to recover from the shock and turned my face away blushing.
"I was sent by an anonymous person in the castle to make you know your sexuality. Come here, darling." she said seductively.
I knew who it was as soon as she mentioned sexuality to me. I was furious so I asked her to leave shouting and she left immediately.
I walked fast to my sister's room and opened it up then said loudly: "Sending me a woman to sleep with me? That's what you do now?"
She turned around to face saying slowly "Just trying to help a brother whom i love and want him to be happy."
She knew that my parents would disown me if they knew that I was a homosexual and they wouldn't even consider putting me as a King.
I just stood there in the room then i groaned and walked out.
I was already kind of late when I reached the castle's fields and the workers there welcomed me with a bow. I was ready and I got myself a basket then started collecting apples and oranges among other fruits.
I was thinking about that woman my sister sent me...how she didn't turn me on..how I didn't wanna be inside her...I had no desire for her...I have no desire for women.
My own thoughts scared me. They were my own worst enemy.
I was scared that I was into boys; that my parents will finally found out and I would be thrown away into the woods for the monsters to eat. Well that's what they did for homosexuals. The gods never approved of their love.
My chain of thoughts were broken as soon as I saw my sister running around holding a guy's hand...he was another guy from the one she was with yesterday.
She was known for how beautiful she is and how every man wanted her and more importantly, How much SHE wanted every man.
The men she chose were really hot so I don't blame her, really.
She had a man everyday and my parents were okay with it because eventually she'd be married to a duke's son or some freaking knight. How fairytail like of her.
It had been 2 or 3 hours since I last saw of my sister.
While i was putting some fruits in my basket, A man came running from the side of the sea and he was screaming and bleeding.
"She's still there! She's still there!" She was shouting...he was the man my sister was with.
I ran to him to know where my sister is and he said that she was by the sea..where that monster lived.
The man finally died and men ran with me to the sea only to see my sister lying down, fainted and heavily breathing.
She was bit by the monster and its venom was inside of her system. We held her up and went back to the castle.
The Doctor came as soon as possible but he couldn't do anything to help her.
"What can we do to help her, Doctor?" The king asked shaking.
My mom was in tears and I was so worried.. I didn't want to lose her.
"There's only one way to help break out the curse and remove the venom" He said then paused...we were all so confused then he said "Magic...it needs to be broken by the man who created the sea devil."
We all knew that the King of Tron wasn't able to practice magic because the gods have forbade him and so, he had his son, Julian, to create the monster so it protects the land.
I knew I had to travel there and plead the King and his son to remove the venom for my sister's body.
I ordered some men to prepare a ship to sail to the Land Of Tron...we took some weapons with us to fight the monster although the doctor said that since it had fed then there it was probably asleep...he was talking according to legends.
I wore an armor and was all set to go...My mom was so scared for me and she didn't want to lose her second son. I kept assuring here that she didn't lose the first one to lose the second.
I kissed my parents' foreheads and got up on the ship and there my journey started.