Status: In very, very, very slow progress

Slythendor

My Third Year As A Hogwarts Slytherin

Okay then. Well, as this is my diary which will probably end up being forgotten about until someone other that me finds it I might as well introduce myself. I think a factfile is best; it’s easier to read anyhow.

Name: Vanessa Herbaceum.
Blood: Pure. I don’t judge people on their blood though; I don’t understand why you should hate someone because of something they can’t control. It’s just racism really, isn’t it?
School: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
House: Slytherin. I’m about to go into my 3rd year.
Favourite type of music: Muggle rock. Non-Muggle music doesn’t really do it for me and anything other than rock ain’t my thing.
Favourite bands: My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, 30 Seconds To Mars, Evanescence etc.
Personality: I’ll let you decide that yourself. *wink*
I can’t think of any thing else about myself so I guess I’ll just fill you in/put a reminder for me about what has happened so far at good old Hogwarts.

FIRST YEAR
I was sorted into Slytherin, and began noticing how much us Slytherins are hated by the rest of the school, which just sucks.
I met an idiotic, arrogant bastard, namely Draco Malfoy. He wanted me to be one of his stupid…I suppose the only word for it is ‘groupies’. Twat. I gave him a piece of my mind and he hasn’t bothered me like that since.
Oh, and some Gryffindors in my year saved the Philosopher’s Stone from Lord Voldemort, or as I like to call him, Mouldy-butt or Voldy Moldy!
Also, MCR’s 2nd album ‘Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge’ was released in the summer holidays!!!!

SECOND YEAR
Oddly, Draco started being less of an asshole towards me. I’m not complaining, it’s just weird. School carried on just like school for me. I made some more friends, and started to get used to the abuse you have to put up with as a Slytherin.
Two of the Gryffindors who saved the P. Stone (one got petrified. Long story, remind me to tell you sometime) vanquished the 16-year-old Mouldy-butt. Go them!
In the summer holidays I got into MCR. Things like that make me truly thankful that my sister’s a squib!

THIRD YEAR (THIS YEAR)
Rumours about MCR are at an all time high. A war on emo has started, stirring up much controversy. I’m writing this on the train to Hogwarts so nothing’s happened yet.


Vanessa read through what was written in her diary so far and put it back in her trunk. She looked out of the window of her compartment and wondered if life as a Slytherin would improve this year.

“Not that likely, eh Professor?” She murmured to the young-looking, shabbily-dressed man with light brown hair flecked with grey that was in a deep sleep opposite her. She assumed he was a teacher as most adults would fly, use floo powder or Apparate, therefore he could not be a visitor to the school. Vanessa wondered why he had opted for the Hogwarts Express, but as there were many possibilities and did not wish to pry, even if it was only wondering why, she simply sat back and listened to ‘Our Lady Of Sorrows’ by My Chemical Romance on her iPod, which was on shuffle play.

The next song played was MCR’s newest single, ‘Welcome To The Black Parade’. She frowned, and wondered where they were going with their new album, which was tentatively titled ‘The Rise And Fall Of My Chemical Romance’. Though the band themselves had denied this title, Vanessa was apprehensive that it would be known as that as it was just insanely bizarre. Something good had to come of it though. The video was amazing, and in it the lead singer definitely seemed to be channelling the spirit of Freddie Mercury.

The first time Vanessa had heard this song she had decided to do something that she should have done when she first got into Hogwarts - “be yourself, don’t take anyone’s shit and never let them take you alive”.

Lost in her thoughts and the music, Vanessa jumped when (thanks to an enchantment she had put on it) the music paused just at the end of the line “Take a look at me ‘cause I could not care at all”, which told her that someone was talking to her.

“Excuse me, do you mind if we sit here; there doesn’t seem to be anywhere else that has any room.” A girl with lots of bushy, brown hair and slightly large front teeth asked.

“Sure, I’d be glad to have some company that was awake, besides my owl.” Vanessa replied, smiling. The girl smiled back and walked in, followed by two boys.

“I’m Hermione Granger, by the way.” Said the girl, sitting next to Vanessa. She looked over at the two boys who had sat opposite them (next to the sleeping man) as if to prompt them.

“Vanessa Herbaceum.” Vanessa said whilst shaking the hand that Hermione had extended.

“Ron Weasley.” The boy who was sitting opposite Vanessa said. He was a tall, thin, long-nosed boy with freckled and flaming red hair.

“Harry Potter.” Said the other boy fleetingly whilst looking at his feet. He had messy jet-black hair, bright green eyes which were concealed by glasses and- a thin scar on his forehead shaped like a lightning bolt. At hearing his name Vanessa gave a small look of understanding but that was all

“That’s it?!” Ron remarked.

“What’s what?” Vanessa inquired bemusedly.

“Have you grown up with Muggles?” he inquired, not answering her question.

“No, my sister’s a squib, but I’m a pureblood. Not that I give a damn about that sort of thing though.” Vanessa replied.

“Then how come you’re not making a big deal about Harry Potter?!” Ron persisted. Harry ran a hand through his hair exasperatedly and muttered,

“Ron, just stop, for God’s sake-”

“No, it’s okay. Sure, I grew up listening to stories about him and how he defeated Mouldy-butt as an infant, but the reason I’m not acting as if I’m in the presence of a god is because I think that he’s probably sick and tired of people making a fuss about something he probably doesn’t even remember!”

“You’re not wrong.” Harry said, smiling wryly.

“Where exactly did the name ‘Mouldy-butt’ come from?!” Hermione laughed.

“Let’s just say mine and my sister’s imaginations are pretty damn warped.” Vanessa grinned.