Status: In very, very, very slow progress

Slythendor

Excited!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! I JUST ASKED VANESSA, THE GIRL I’VE BEEN SWOONING OVER SINCE I FIRST MET HER, ON A FUCKING DATE ON FRANK’S BIRTHDAY!!!! AND SHE SAID YES!!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! Whoa, calm down Gerard, don’t start looking too eager! I have GOT to tell the guys.

“Frank! I need to talk to you and the guys now! In our dorm.” I whispered in his ear. He nodded and said,

“Hey, guys, I’ve got something to show you! Just come look in our dorm!” they got up and followed him up the stairs to our dormitory. Above the entrance it said, ‘American Transfers’, as all five of us shared a dorm, even though we’re in different years.

“So what is it?” Ray said, looking bored. Frank shrugged and said,

“I don’t know. Gee said he needed to talk.” Everyone turned to look at me. I sat on my bed, and the others followed suit. I swallowed, and began to tell them.

“Um…I…I…I ASKED VANESSA OUT!!!!!”

“Holy shit!” they chorused.

“What did she say?!” Mikey asked, pushing his glasses up excitedly as they were about to fall off. God, my brother’s a dork! Ah well, I still love him!

“She…SHE SAID YES!!!!” we got up and they all hugged me. Frank then hugged me again and tackled me to the ground.

“FRANK!!!” We all yelled. My friends RULE. I don’t know what I’d do without them. I’d be worse off, that’s for sure. God, even if Frank is short as hell, he’s SOOO freakin’ heavy!

“Frank, you’re crushing me, get off!!!” he obliged, luckily, and started dancing round the dormitory. “How many Skittles did he eat?” I asked.

“A LOT.” Bob replied.

“Oh crud.” I breathed.

After a while of talking, laughing, and trying to hide Frank’s Skittles, we decided to call it a day. I lay in my bed, replaying that moment over and over in my head. “I-I-I’d love too.” She had said. She would love to go out with me. She didn’t say no. She DIDN’T SAY NO!

– 888 –

HOLY FUCKIN’ SHIZ!!! MY BEST FRIEND…ASKED ME OUT!!! AND I ACCEPTED!! Right, I’m going to the Hospital Wing to tell Gen and Claire, and then I’ll write a letter to Katie and tell her!! This is just plain strange… I never really thought about Gerard in that way but….

In the hospital wing, I rushed towards Gen and Claire and immediately told them what had happened.

“Holy crab!” they exclaimed, realising just in time that Madam Pomfrey, the matron may hear them swearing!

We talked for a while and then Madam Pomfrey shooed Claire and I away. We talked as we walked to the marble staircase, which was when we went our separate ways. I decided I would write to Katie tomorrow, for tonight I had to tell Hermione and Ginny, who I’d grown very close to over the year.

“No way!”

“Uh, yeah, Gerard Way did ask me out and I did accept!!” I squealed as Hermione and I hugged each other. I then hugged Ginny who was just as excited.

“Won’t it be a bit weird though, going out with your best friend?” Hermione pondered. “I mean, it’d be like Ron and I going out, not that that would happen!” We all nodded and had a group hug.

As it was rather late, Ginny then retired to her dorm, I made my way to the Slytherin Common Room, to my dorm and Hermione bid us goodnight. I fell asleep with a smile on my face, and I kept replaying that moment in my head; “Err…Would-you-like-to-come-to-Hogsmeade-with-me???” He asked, really fast. I stood there for a minute, trying to decipher what he said.
“Um…you mean like…?”
“On a date.”