Status: In very, very, very slow progress

Slythendor

Finding Out

The first thing Vanessa did when she suddenly awoke during the night was write a letter to Katie. Her completed letter looked something like this:

Dear Katie,
You know those guys I told you about? Well, one of them, Gerard has asked me on a date and I SAID YES!!!! I’ m so excited….You, being the older 14-year-old may have some experience in this field.
WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DO I WEAR?! How should I dress? Casual, dressy, girly – or as girly as I can get! Hmmm… I think I’ll go for uptown casual – casual, but at the same time looking my best. Sounds good to you? Oh well, I’m really exited and the date’s in Hogsmeade, a village near school which is packed with shops! It’s on Halloween, which is also one of my other friends’ – Frankie’s – birthday!
Vanessa
XOXO
MCR! MCR! MCR!


Grinning as she walked to the stairs from the girls dormitories from her seat by the fire, her smile was replaced by a look of shock and confusion when she heard someone singing MCR’s song ‘Helena’. Ordinarily she would have grinned even more, found the perpetrator and joined in the singing, glad to find another MCR fan. But in this instance, that was not the case. She recognised that voice, and it was so distinctive that it could be no-one else. It was the voice of Dark Wanderer, singing about his dead grandmother. But he couldn’t be here, in Hogwarts…. Could he?

– 888 –

Following the sound I walked towards the stairs leading up to the boys’ dorms and sitting on the steps in the dark, singing with a thoughtful look on his face was…
“Gerard? But that makes no sense I mean…. What?” I was completely lost. I had no idea what was going on. I began pacing the floor surrounding the stairs and said, “I suppose, to a certain degree it does make sense but…. Dark Wanderer is my 14-year-old best friend who I’m gonna go on a date with at the end of the month. It makes minimal sense, if it makes sense at all!”

“You want me to explain?” Gerard sighed.

“Please.” I replied, flopping next to him on the stairs.

“Okay…. Yes, I am Dark Wanderer, lead singer of My Chemical Romance. And the guys – Mikey, Ray, Bob and Frank are the rest of the band. Mikey plays bass, Ray and Frank on guitar and Bob’s our drummer. We started out as some thing in our spare time – but then we found out that actually we’re quite good, and we got a lot of interest on our MySpace page. So, we – via the internet and phone calls – started recording our first album, when we’d been signed to Eyeball Records. We got actors to portray us in the videos, and generally represent us. And we carried on like that; recording and having them represent us. We still played gigs though, and no-one could tell that we’re no exactly adult size cuz we’re the only ones on stage. And it’s great.”
I sat in silence for a few seconds and then stated the obvious.

“So… the album coming out tomorrow… is yours… with you singing on it….” Gerard nodded, and I suddenly had the strangest feeling. I was longing to kiss him, longing for my lips to brush gently against his in that one moment of splendour. I moved closer to him slightly and mumbled incoherently while looking at my lap,

“It makes so much sense.” Gerard also leaned in, to hear what I had said, and I turned my head and we were about a centimetre away from each other. The impulse was so strong, and I nearly gave in. Nearly. At that moment we heard a loud voice, Ron presumably, saying,

“No- Spiders, they want me to tap dance I’m not gonna tap dance what do I do?!” and we looked towards Ron’s dorm. I smiled, and bid Gerard goodnight, strolling away to my dormitory.