Status: In very, very, very slow progress

Slythendor

The Date

The following Sunday Gerard and Vanessa were happily strolling round the grounds, laughing and talking, hand-in-hand having a great time. As she was so amazingly happy, Vanessa started singing ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ by Queen, and Gerard joined in before they collapsed in a fit of laughter under a beech tree by the lake. Vanessa was lying with her head and torso on Gerard’s chest, and he had his arms around her waist. Vanessa lay back and closed her eyes, absorbing the bliss. Gerard held her close, enjoying the vast delight that was enveloping him.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t the American Weirdo and the most stubborn girl I know. You’re looking emo today, Vanessa.” The smug drawl of Draco Malfoy said annoyingly.

“Pimp cane!” Vanessa sniggered.

“Wha- oh yeah!” Gerard laughed, remembering what she had said earlier. Looking down at her black skinny jeans, studded belt, MCR shirt and FOB hoodie Vanessa asked Gerard,

“Do I really look that ‘emo’?”

“Yes!” the three Slytherins replied.

“Oh, shut up, what happened to unity in the houses! I’m a fucking Slytherin for God’s sake!” Vanessa snapped. She hadn’t much patience with them – they had interrupted her moment of heaven. Moving off Gerard and making sure they saw him and her holding hands, Vanessa sighed and said,

“You must really have no life, coming and ruining other peoples dates cuz you have none of your own!”

“You’re on a date?” Draco said a little too fast.

“Aww, little Drakie-Poo’s intimidated!” Gerard laughed.

“Shut up!” Draco said, pulling out his wand as Crabbe and Goyle cracked their knuckles threateningly.

“Oh for goodness’ sake!” Vanessa said standing up and pulling Gerard up with her. Pointing her thirteen inch hazel wand at Draco, she said sharply,

“Please, leave us alone for a few bloody minutes!” Draco laughed.

“We’re not going anywhere.” He was so arrogant! Moving forward and addressing Vanessa he hissed, “You know he doesn’t really like you, he’s just on a date with you because you’d make a good trophy!” At this point, Vanessa lost her temper. She had had enough.

“UGH!” She screamed, opening her mouth to utter a curse.

“Don’t.” Gerard said in her ear, holding her left arm that was by her side. “He’s not worth it. Don’t give him the satisfaction of knowing he got to you. And, I- I do actually like you.” Hearing this Vanessa dropped her arm to her side, stowing her wand in her left hand. Draco and his cronies laughed.

“I know you couldn’t do it, you’re no longer a sexy Slytherin, you’re practically just some other Gryffindork!” at this Vanessa took a step towards Draco and thrust the heel of her hand up on his nose, effectively breaking it. He ran to the hospital wing without looking back, as did Crabbe and Goyle.

Gerard and Vanessa high-fived each other and Gerard said nervously,

“Uh… Ness, there- there’s something I want to ask you, and I don’t care if I’m supposed to wait, I have to ask you now.”

“Okay… fire at will. Go on, shoot.” Vanessa said curiously. Hesitating Gerard eventually queried,

“Vanessa, will- will you be my girlfriend?”

“Of course! I don’t care how corny that just sounded, I’d love too!” Vanessa almost immediately squealed, hugging Gerard. Gerard just grinned as if Christmas had come early as they made their way up to the castle, hand-in-hand.

Seeing the couple come happily into the common room, Frank, Mikey, Hermione and Ginny rushed over to them.

“We’re now officially going out. I’m now her boyfriend!” Gerard announced to the eager four. They chorused,

“That’s great!” and had a group hug with the couple.