Status: In very, very, very slow progress

Slythendor

Slytherin Ice Queen

February was when the cracks in Gerard and Vanessa’s relationship began to appear. They didn’t make a fuss about it though, thinking that ‘even Romeo and Juliet must have had SOME problems’. Unfortunately, April 15th was when it all fell apart.

March 5th Vanessa received news that Katie had successfully moved in and Joe and Jenifer were getting married! Jenifer asked (via Cyanide) for Vanessa to be the lone bridesmaid and to sort herself out, and give her a few interior designs for decorations etc. From then onwards Vanessa was obsessing about the wedding, and on the evening of April 15th, Gerard had had enough.

“Hey, Ness.” Gerard smiled, sitting next to Vanessa on the sofa by the fire in the Gryffindor common room (where, despite her being a Slytherin, she spent most of her time) while sliding his arm round her waist.

“Bonjourno, Gerard.” Vanessa said, absent mindedly slipping into Italian, one of the few languages she spoke. (Translation= ‘Hello, Gerard.’)

“How are you?” he asked. Gerard had gotten used to her language changing.

“Sava. Etoi?” (‘Good. You?’ it’s French.)

“I’m good. What are ya doin’?”

“Drawing up an interior design plan for Joe ‘n’ Jenny’s wedding. I haven’t got it quite right though.” Vanessa started pointing out things on her detailed, scaled map/design of the inside of the church. “See, there’s an altar there and I have no idea what to do with it, the pews are awkwardly spaced, she’s never gonna fit in that gap of – lemme work it out – 50 centimetres, not with her dress; and I can’t do anything about it, and, not to whine or anything, hun, but I’ve managed to let my homework pile up and I’ve got planning this wedding decor here taking up all my time, which is stressful, and it’s gotta be just right – this wedding has to be perfect.”

Gerard was silent.

“What?” Vanessa asked nervously.

“It’s just… YOU’RE SO FUCKING PEDANTIC, IT’S DRIVING ME INSANE!!” Gerard yelled, jumping up. “YOU NEVER MAKE ANY TIME FOR ANYONE ANYMORE; THIS WEDDING’S TAKING OVER YOU! YOU’VE BECOME SO SELFISH, YOU NEVER THINK ABOUT ME OR THE REST OF THE WORLD!!! YOU CAN’T TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR WORK, INSTEAD YOU WALLOW IN SELF PITY, IT’S PATHETIC! I CAN’T STAND TO BE AROUND YOU ANYMORE!!!”

Stung by this unprovoked attack, Vanessa angrily retorted from her new position of standing opposite Gerard in the middle of the common room,

“WELL, YOU’RE NOT EXACTLY PERFECT EITHER! ALL YOU THINK ABOUT, ALL YOU EVER DO IS THIS RELATIONSHIP!! BESIDES THE BAND, THAT’S IT!! SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE YOU’RE FUCKING STALKING ME FOR GOD’S SAKE! YOU, GERARD, ARE FUCKING CLINGY!!! I CAN’T FUCKING STAND IT FOR ANY LONGER!!!”

“WELL MAYBE IF YOU FELT SOME EMOTION FROM TIME TO TIME, YOU’D KNOW WHAT A REAL RELATIONSHIP FEELS LIKE! OR ISN’T THAT WHAT HAPPENS IN SLYTHERIN?!” Gerard shouted.

“That is low. Even for a fucking underhand Gryffindor! And yes, as I have insulted this entire house, or it could be interpreted as that, I am leaving, and going to my own common room!” Vanessa hissed, storming out of the common room.

“Vanessa! Va- oh, crap.” Gerard sighed, running after her.

“Go away, you stupid Gryffindor.” Vanessa moaned.

“Is that all I am to you now, just some stupid Gryffindor?” Gerard asked, a slightly hurt tone in his voice which Vanessa didn’t notice.

“Yes, and I’m sure I’m just some haughty Slytherin to you.” She replied.

“And it’s best that way?” He continued.

“Yes.” Vanessa’s voice was without any emotion, cold and heartless. As she stepped in to the Slytherin common room, she heard Gerard call out.

“Fine then; you fucking Slytherin Ice Queen!”

That last remark completely crumbled Vanessa’s resolve, and so she did what any Slytherin would do – she screamed at a passing first-year, reducing him to tears and sought out Draco Malfoy, deciding to go and yell at some more first years with him.