Status: In very, very, very slow progress

Slythendor

Arriving at Hogwarts

As the carriage trundled towards a pair of extravagant wrought iron gates, flanked with marble columns topped with winged boars Vanessa saw two more towering hooded Dementors standing guard on either side. She hurriedly took a puff from her inhaler and began humming ‘Heaven Help Us’ while leaning back into the lumpy seat and closing her eyes until Claire prodded her arm and said, “Uh, we’re here, Ness.”

First Ron got out, followed by Claire, Hermione, Harry and finally Vanessa.
As Harry stepped down a drawling, delighted voice said,

“You fainted, Potter? Is Longbottom telling the truth? You actually fainted?”
Malfoy elbowed past Hermione to block Harry’s way up the stone steps to the castle, his face gleeful and his pale eyes glinting maliciously.

“Shove off, Malfoy.” Said Ron, whose jaw was clenched. At this moment Vanessa stumbled out of the carriage, nearly falling flat on her face, instead crashing into Harry. She apologised and fixed Malfoy with the look of polite dislike that only she could.

“Did you faint as well, Weasley?” Said Malfoy loudly. “Did the scary old Dementor frighten you, too, Weasley?”

“Oh, I wouldn’t go lording it over them, Draco, I’ve heard an eyewitness recount,” Vanessa said while casually inspecting her nails, “of how the,” she looked up and looked Malfoy directly in the eye as she always did when her opponent was about to receive a crippling blow, “‘scary old Dementor’ made you produce a large puddle on the compartment floor.”

Malfoy opened his mouth to utter a threat of some sort but before he could say anything -
“Is there a problem?” said a mild voice. Professor Lupin had just got out of the next carriage.
Malfoy fixed Professor Lupin with an insolent stare which took in every detail of his appearance and, with a tiny hint of sarcasm in his voice said, “Oh, no – err – Professor.” And with a smirk he led Crabbe and Goyle up the steps into the castle.

“Bust-ed!” Rang out a loud, clear, distinctive Liverpool accent.

“Genevieve!” Vanessa and Claire cried in unison as a blonde haired, green eyed, tall, fair skinned girl ran over to them and hugged them in turn. She too was wearing Slytherin uniform, but hers was slightly tighter and showed off her model-like figure.

“I see ya’ve now got green streaks in yer ‘air, Ness, when’d that ‘appen?! An’ Claire, yer ‘air’s gotten shorter! Ya both look great though, as always!” Genevieve (the girl) said, laughing.

“And you, you’ve lost you’re extravagant flourishes to let everyone know you’re here.” Vanessa beamed.

“She’s right; you’ve humbled.” Claire grinned.

“Meh, I decided that if you guys can get noticed without it then I don’t need it.” Genevieve shrugged. Vanessa introduced her to Harry, Hermione and Ron and they made their way towards the Great Hall for the feast.