Status: In very, very, very slow progress

Slythendor

The Feast

***HIGH PROFANITY WARNING***

Harry and Hermione were called away to Professor McGonagall’s office so Vanessa bid goodbye to Ron and Claire as they made their way to the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw tables. Upon reaching the Slytherin table she sat in the only available seat, facing the rest of the Hall (the Slytherin table is right on the left hand side) with Genevieve on her left, an unknown male fourth-year on her right and unfortunately….Draco Malfoy directly opposite her.

“You just can’t stay away from me, can you?” He smirked. Vanessa kept her cool and smiled slightly, retorting with a sarcastic “Sure, Draco.”

She kept silent during the Sorting besides applauding each new Slytherin and looked (and felt) rather miserable until Albus Dumbledore, the Headmaster began his start-of-term speech. Professor Dumbledore was one of the only people (besides her friends and remaining living family) who could calm Vanessa with his wise words and aura of great energy – he reminded her of the character of the Doctor from one of her favourite Muggle television programmes, ‘Doctor Who’.

“Hey, Potter, the Dementors are coming!” Draco said, turning to face Harry who also turned round.

“Will you just let that go?!” Genevieve sighed disapprovingly.

“Yeah, just shut the fuck up, you’re the only one who cares!” Vanessa spat hatefully at Malfoy.

“Ooh, someone’s not very friendly.” Malfoy kept up that annoying smirk.

“Someone’s gonna whack you if you don’t stop patronizing me.” Vanessa retorted. Her wand, which she was clutching tightly under the table, emitted a series of red sparks. Harry raised his eyebrows at her in an ‘is-he-being-an-asshole-or-is-is-what-I-think-it-is’ way. Vanessa mouthed, “Both!” and looked away.

“You do know you have way too much of a dirty mouth for a thirteen-year-old.” Genevieve informed her.

“Yeah…and it rocks.” She replied.

“Here’s too another year of being the only Slytherins who care about being rejected from the decent people.” Vanessa toasted, clinking goblets with Genevieve. “Y’know, Gen, this is possibly the most depressed I’ve ever been. I’ve got another shitty, uneventful year ahead of me and he’s never coming home. Ha!” Vanessa laughed half-heartedly. “You know you’re obsessed when your dad was murdered a week ago and you’re quoting lyrics without meaning too.” At this Gen gasped and put her hand on Vanessa’s shoulder. Draco Malfoy, however breathed,

“So that’s why she’s been all shirty with me. I knew you couldn’t dislike me!”

“Good Green Day when will you get it into you little retarded head that I think you are currently an insensitive twat!” Vanessa screamed. Luckily for her the feast had now ended and students were filing out of the Great Hall. Vanessa stormed out of Great Hall and was joined by Claire and Harry.